NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

31 minutes ago, DDave said:

We (thankfully for us) gave it a miss due to the poor line up. Horrendous stuff.

Yes but fortunately we found a man of the government that, after have contacted our  embassy, gave us a bungalow in a family resort somewhere in the countryside until we had the flight back (they also provided us all the transportation needed and a dinner the first night). 

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Yes but fortunately we found a man of the government that, after have contacted our  embassy, gave us a bungalow in a family resort somewhere in the countryside until we had the flight back (they also provided us all the transportation needed and a dinner the first night). 

Wow. good result, in the circumstances.

1 minute ago, acgregg758 said:

Surely they will nab The Strokes from Doctor Music? I will be so happy if they manage it.

They'd have to change the day splits for that to happen, I think. They're only available on the 13th and that day is already packed.

They could move Bon Iver and/or The Chemical Brothers to the 12th but that's too far-fetched

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacedementia said:

They'd have to change the day splits for that to happen, I think. They're only available on the 13th and that day is already packed.

They could move Bon Iver and/or The Chemical Brothers to the 12th but that's too far-fetched

They're both free on that day...If they moved one or both to the Friday and booked The Strokes to play with the Smashing Pumpkins - it would improve that Friday and Saturday. The Strokes is the missing puzzle piece! I hope the organisers see an opportunity and sense...

3 hours ago, alan_ts said:

If this was their plan from the beginning they are evil genius. 

Moreover, we've had that info a long time ago, so it's not unrealistic to think they have made a deal in case of DMF cancelation... I guess that we know more as soon as possible 

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Moreover, we've had that info a long time ago, so it's not unrealistic to think they have made a deal in case of DMF cancelation... I guess that we know more as soon as possible 

Well, good for us but booking some of these bands it's like to approach a girl that is just been dumped. Not elegant :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Well, good for us but booking some of these bands it's like to approach a girl that is just been dumped. Not elegant :) 

To be fair they announced Primal Scream before it was confirmed they’d changed days at Doctor Music so I don’t think that bothers them.

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

To be fair they announced Primal Scream before it was confirmed they’d changed days at Doctor Music so I don’t think that bothers them.

Eheh yes, I was joking ? 

50 minutes ago, Mullingar80 said:

Hi everyone.  First time going to this festival.  Just wondering about footwear! I'm assuming the weather will be nicer than Dublin! Have just been looking at last year's lineup and realising that's the one I should have started with!!

The whole place is tarmacked over, bar the odd little bit, so trainers are fine. A few years back my mate went straight from the beach in flip flops, he was fine but wouldn't recommend it as the toes took a bit of a hammering in crowds. 

And yes, last year's lineup was mint. 

54 minutes ago, Mullingar80 said:

Hi everyone.  First time going to this festival.  Just wondering about footwear! I'm assuming the weather will be nicer than Dublin! Have just been looking at last year's lineup and realising that's the one I should have started with!!

Hi . Travelled from Dublin for the last two years and same again this year . They have artificial grass and tarmac sections . (Like you would see in an all weather pitch) Place spotless , bars and toilets great . Although the main toilet gets a bit full on when its gets dark (the one way in and out system goes out the window !) use the toilets down at the segres tent at that stage . Very easy place to get around . Enjoy !

Edited by graceunderpressure

so, no annoucement and no timetables today neither. we have some questions:

1. at what time did the concerts end more o less?

2. what about going partyin after it? (we are staying in the camping) is there party in the camping? or the best is going to Lisbon?

Any answer is helpful!! thanks!!

see you in Nos!!