NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

I've done BBK live twice and this year will be twice at NOS, so I want to go somewhere else next year. Do you guys have any recommendations of European festivals that get big names and ideally good weather too? Like the look of Roskilde but guessing that's not very summer holiday-ish? 

3 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

I've done BBK live twice and this year will be twice at NOS, so I want to go somewhere else next year. Do you guys have any recommendations of European festivals that get big names and ideally good weather too? Like the look of Roskilde but guessing that's not very summer holiday-ish? 

Sziget maybe. 

Just now, alan_ts said:

Sziget maybe. 

Super Bock Super Rock is the best foreign fest I've been to (against BBK, Prima Porto and Nos Alive). The location is great - I got lucky with the line-up though (I wouldn't go this year, for instance).

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

Super Bock Super Rock is the best foreign fest I've been to (against BBK, Prima Porto and Nos Alive). The location is great - I got lucky with the line-up though (I wouldn't go this year, for instance).

11 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Sziget maybe. 

Sziget has tempted me, I do like Budapest, but the length isn't so appealing. 

What makes Super Bock extra good? 

1 minute ago, DarthSaul said:

Anyway, I'd totally recommend BKS, Rock Werchter and Pukkelpop but the weather could be uncertain even in the summer. 

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

I would recommend Mad Cool if they solve the shuttle/metro problems this year

17 minutes ago, graceunderpressure said:

Can anyone else see anything else added to nos stage or sagres , was really hoping for something else on the 12th but have a feeling that is it ?? :( 

Unless they want empty slots something will be added I think :)

Edited by alan_ts

23 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

The site is in a wood in the middle of nowhere - it's lovely. One of the stages had no back on it, so the backdrop is the woods. When you travel to get there, the atmosphere is awesome, with everyone descending during sunset. 

23 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Anyway, I'd totally recommend BKS, Rock Werchter and Pukkelpop but the weather could be uncertain even in the summer. 

The 8 times I've been to Pukkelpop we've generally had great weather with the exception of a few showers (I wasn't at the year of the storm). 2017 was mostly overcast all weekend with some rain but the ground holds up really well. 2012 we had temps of around 32 degrees and blazing hot all weekend. Most years are warm.

I wouldn't let the weather put you off and it's a great, great festival.

6 minutes ago, DDave said:

The 8 times I've been to Pukkelpop we've generally had great weather with the exception of a few showers (I wasn't at the year of the storm).

Me 3 times and one was 2011 :(

4 minutes ago, DDave said:

The 8 times I've been to Pukkelpop we've generally had great weather with the exception of a few showers (I wasn't at the year of the storm). 2017 was mostly overcast all weekend with some rain but the ground holds up really well. 2012 we had temps of around 32 degrees and blazing hot all weekend. Most years are warm.

I wouldn't let the weather put you off and it's a great, great festival.

That's good to know, I've just seen the lineup and for the size of the country, Belgium does alright for big festivals doesn't it! 

55 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

That's good to know, I've just seen the lineup and for the size of the country, Belgium does alright for big festivals doesn't it! 

Certainly does. Very rarely get bored at Pukkelpop and this years is probably the strongest throughout the line up for some time. They've steered away from massive headliners to the benefit of the undercard. It's also the best organised of any festival I've been to.Thoroughly recommend it.