NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

Well this festival is certainly putting the NOS in Nostalgia.. half the lineup is from the 80s! 

That's fine with me. It was best decade for music. They won't be around forever enjoy them while you still can.

2 hours ago, jplewes said:

Does he play Jane's Addiciton tunes? See this announcement coincides with a new album announcement for next month.

He played only two gigs right now, this is the setlist. 

Screenshot_20190530-124649.jpg

• Like 1

ok, so just one "big" name left for the 12 friday.

Having a look to the possibilities, iggy pop, tame impala, liam gallagher or prophets of rage, one of those would be reeeeally great right now, taking into account the disaster they are doing this year.

Even though, I think line up is not going to improve many more.....

I am not saying is a bad lineup, but could be improved.

8 minutes ago, ANDER95 said:

prophets of rage

ruled out, they will play at Vilas de Mouras in August.

Edited by alan_ts

8 minutes ago, ANDER95 said:

Having a look to the possibilities, iggy pop, tame impala, liam gallagher or prophets of rage, one of those would be reeeeally great right now, taking into account the disaster they are doing this year.

Even though, I think line up is not going to improve many more.....

I am not saying is a bad lineup, but could be improved.

And this rate it will be a small name or there won´t be any names for Nos Stage at all.

And yeah for 150 euros could be better, they did better lineups with 120 euros (2016 for example).

30 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Depends on preference really. For me The Cure are legends and I'm going to have the most fun during their set (don't get me wrong VW will be great too!)

yeah of course! My issue with the cure is this indulgent 2hour + set which would suit their own show, but not a festival half full of casual fans imo! 

5 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

yeah of course! My issue with the cure is this indulgent 2hour + set which would suit their own show, but not a festival half full of casual fans imo! 

I saw them at Frequency 2012 and they fit perfectly to a festival audience (even to Frequency audience that it was the worst I've ever experienced)

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

I think that the last time I saw them at Optimus Alive they played midnight until 3am! The set was a pretty good mix of Cure songs you know and Cure songs the fans know. That said, I did leave before the end

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

I think that the last time I saw them at Optimus Alive they played midnight until 3am! The set was a pretty good mix of Cure songs you know and Cure songs the fans know. That said, I did leave before the end

jeez 3 hours is crazy, I'm not sure I could even see my favourite bands for 3 hours 

edit- I saw bon iver in hammersmith last year and instead of a support band they played bon iver, bon iver in full so I guess that wasn't far from 3 hours after both sets, but there was a much needed interval !! 

Edited by DarthSaul

On 5/30/2019 at 10:54 AM, moz4pm said:

That's fine with me. It was best decade for music. They won't be around forever enjoy them while you still can.

My thoughts too. Still gutted I didn't get to see Jane's at Reading years back. Hopefully Perry's voice is fine.