NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

I was in Lisbon yesterday and like every year NOSAlive buys advertisement spaces on the trains linking Lisbon and Cascais, the day by day line up is usually on them. That being said the names at the top of each day were: The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Bon Iver. They would not change the whole ads on the trains, so we can assume that the lineup is pretty much finished apart from smaller names.

56 minutes ago, Homer said:

When do we normally get stage times please? Just that a fair few bands are playing Glasto too - so would be handy to know which ones I can see when, depending on if they clash at either festival (Glasto is end of June BTW).

Last year was on 18 June I think.

11 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Last year was on 18 June I think.

Ah great - thanks! 

Will prob watch The Cure and The Chems both times. Hopefully I can catch Hot Chip at Nos (am assuming they will be on after The Cure have finished), so just need to take a view on Marr and Vampire Weekend really. Should prob try and catch Idles once too (I don't like them but have heard about their live rep).

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ah great - thanks! 

Will prob watch The Cure and The Chems both times. Hopefully I can catch Hot Chip at Nos (am assuming they will be on after The Cure have finished), so just need to take a view on Marr and Vampire Weekend really. Should prob try and catch Idles once too (I don't like them but have heard about their live rep).

Got to be Vampire Weekend! Marr's at festivals every bloody year! (at least it feels like he is) 

2 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Got to be Vampire Weekend! Marr's at festivals every bloody year! (at least it feels like he is) 

They're both at both, so I'm sure I'll catch, er, both at some point! If push comes to shove, though, I'll have to watch Marr - being that I've never seen him and I've seen VW x4.

22 minutes ago, Homer said:

They're both at both, so I'm sure I'll catch, er, both at some point! If push comes to shove, though, I'll have to watch Marr - being that I've never seen him and I've seen VW x4.

Ah that works alright then! Though I'll have seen VW 4 times too come NOS and I'm sure to make it a 5th there ?

The clashing isn’t that bad if last years timings are anything to go by.  You can generally see what you want if you’re going between the two main stages. Plus it’s only a couple of minutes walk

7 minutes ago, Red Day said:

The clashing isn’t that bad if last years timings are anything to go by.  You can generally see what you want if you’re going between the two main stages. Plus it’s only a couple of minutes walk

Yeah, seems to be a big thing at Euro festivals. At Primvera Porto they have two big stages literally next to each other and the bands rotate from side to side!

40 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Primal Scream will be one of the best bands of the weekend, I'm a massive Smiths fan but wouldn't miss PS for Johnny Marr.

Have seen PS a ton of times before - but hopefully it won't be an issue anyway. Marr is on in the afternoon at Glasto, so hopefully he won't clash with much (imagine a fair few of my Glasto mates will want to see him too).

22 minutes ago, Homer said:

Have seen PS a ton of times before - but hopefully it won't be an issue anyway. Marr is on in the afternoon at Glasto, so hopefully he won't clash with much (imagine a fair few of my Glasto mates will want to see him too).

That’s great you got Glastonbury tickets. I used to get pretty easily on ticket day but for last five years I haven’t got near the booking page. Upside is me and mates have done Rock Werchter a few times and we’re heading back to NOS this year. Every cloud etc

20 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That’s great you got Glastonbury tickets. I used to get pretty easily on ticket day but for last five years I haven’t got near the booking page. Upside is me and mates have done Rock Werchter a few times and we’re heading back to NOS this year. Every cloud etc

Thanks! I was really lucky. 3/4 of our 20/25 group had tickets already - but I was the only one who got lucky in the resales (I grabbed two in the coach one of all times!). I was in the office, using our connection with only other person here, don't know if that was a factor. I've had success coming into the office when no-one else was in before, so who knows?

Good work - yeah, my alternative strategy was to possibly go to Exit or Opener instead!

So there are missing 2 Nos Stage bands for the first two days.

2 missing names for the Sagres Stage at Friday and 1 missing name for the Sagres Stage on Saturday (must be a shorter day)

+ the Nos Clubbing names, Comedy Stage names and Fado names.

But yeah the most important thing are those 2 Nos Stage names and those 3 Sagres Stage names, main lineup 95% closed 

1.PNG