NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

3 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

If you'd consider this a serious option, I'd say only Noel Gallagher seems likely. Liam could only do the 12th and than has four gigs in four different countries. Noel only has Mad Cool on the 11th. 

Actually, Noel playing main stage on the 12th would make perfect sense. But again: why the hell wait so long? (Very though (last-minute) negotiations?)

Idk, but 12th seems a bit short for a normal festival day, there should be one addition for the Nos Stage and at this moment Gallagher brothers seem like a plausible option.

After that they should announce at least 4 acts for the Sagres Stage because Friday and Saturday seem very short on those and they can close the lineup.

36 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Noel Gallagher would be such an uninspiring booking. He churns out dad rock whilst relying on decades old tunes to play high slots at festivals. (I've seen him twice at fests and it's always a quiet affair until the occasional oasis song)

I saw him in Aberdeen last year. Totally bored shitless watching him. Hfb stuff is repetitive and he arsed up the oasis tunes. Utterly dire

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

Idk, but 12th seems a bit short for a normal festival day, there should be one addition for the Nos Stage and at this moment Gallagher brothers seem like a plausible option.

After that they should announce at least 4 acts for the Sagres Stage because Friday and Saturday seem very short on those and they can close the lineup.

Has Iggy Pop been ruled out?

Noel G is at least the better of the two! But for sure, even an old man as I am, that does nothing for me. If he was on late and I was already drunk, I would sing a long and reminisce and that is probably enough alongside some of the other acts. 

If you are still bothered by Friday line up listen to Adrenalin Baby (Johnny Marr live album). He is going to kill it. 

3 hours ago, Red Day said:

I saw him in Aberdeen last year. Totally bored shitless watching him. Hfb stuff is repetitive and he arsed up the oasis tunes. Utterly dire

Saw him at Electric Fields and he was fantastic. Good thing is with his sets is that you can miss the first 25 minutes or so if you don't want the solo stuff as he tends to play it at the start of his gigs.

55 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Friday still is the weakest day I could remember at Nos Alive, Primal Sceam, Vampire Weekend and Johnny Marr the only intersting acts, that´s like 4 hours of shows if they don´t clash Johnny with one of them 

It will be likely to happen, and that is a shame. I would much prefer Izal or Gossip on Sagres and Johnny Marr on NOS. The Smiths are one of my favorite bands but Vampire Weekend new album has been on repeat on my Spotify. If they clash their shows, I will always feel like missing something. And I hate that. Also want to watch Primal Scream, but would surely prefer Johnny over them.

6 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Friday still is the weakest day I could remember at Nos Alive, Primal Sceam, Vampire Weekend and Johnny Marr the only intersting acts, that´s like 4 hours of shows if they don´t clash Johnny with one of them

Not exactly massive names but Gossip, Cut copy and Tash Sultana are worth catching for sure. Friday is still weak for NOS but it still has plenty to offer with the addition of Johnny. Add one more name to that main stage and you have a day that stands up against any other euro festival this year. 

2 hours ago, Homer said:

I think we may just have to face up to the fact that the line-up is pretty damn good for the money, and we're one headliner away from having nothing left to complain about.

Absolutely! 

I have a lot of new music from this lineup already and some of these bands are mega. This could be the last time the Cure tour! 

51 minutes ago, Yatesbomb said:

Absolutely! 

I have a lot of new music from this lineup already and some of these bands are mega. This could be the last time the Cure tour! 

I'm going to Glasto as well - reckon I'll watch them twice (and The Chems)!

The Nos website is looking good now - has had a big update.

Edited by Homer