NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

40 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Wow... this bit of information is the biggest progress we've had since Gossip were announced

Edit: really like their new website tbh, the radio is also a nice addition

Primal Scream being announced? Although, to be fair, they probably still aren't listed on the website!

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

When you click H.E.R you get a nice little biography about her. Try Vampire Weekend or Tash Sultana or a bunch of others and you get an error ?

Seems they've already discussed setlists with The Cure too ?

'The Cure will play more than 2 hours of music, with an alignment designed by its extensive music catalogue, which includes international successes such as “Boys Don’t Cry”, “Close To Me”, “Just Like Heaven”, “Lovesong” and “Friday I’m In Love”. The Concert will also feature some of the favorite themes of the unconditional fans, such as “A Forest”, “Push”, “Pictures Of You”, “From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea” and “the End Of The World”, as well as some surprises.'

Slightly shorter version of this I imagine.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2012/passeio-maritimo-de-alges-oeiras-portugal-73dcb621.html

2 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

More like Johnny Meh am I right? 

Just kidding, happy you guys like him. Not my ideal announcement but at least I've not seen him before, variety is the spice of life and that. 

Honestly, he’s brilliant live. 

I saw him do a show in Manchester Arena way back in 2006, he puts on a great show and does really good renditions of How Soon is Now and There is a light that never goes out, I've seen Morrissey ten times but Marr performs the songs better. His voice goes very well with the music.

14 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Are his sets original material heavy or lots of covers? 

I would say 60% original material, 40% The Smiths covers. 

His original material is pretty good tbh, but people go crazy with The Smiths covers, specially Bigmouth Strikes Again, How Soon is Now and There is a Light That Never Goes Out (one of my favorite songs).

Unfortunatelly, looking at the last setlists, I doubt he will play anything from The Messenger, that was a good album.

Edited by Yokai

4 minutes ago, Yokai said:

His original material is pretty good tbh, but people go crazy with The Smiths covers, specially Bigmouth Strikes Again, How Soon is Now and There is a Light That Never Goes Out (one of my favorite songs).

This is a typical Marr festival setlist (Fuji Rock 2018)

Screenshot_20190510-103659.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Unfortunatelly, looking at the last setlists, I doubt he will play anything from The Messenger, that was a good album.

Realistically I won't get round to listening to his original stuff but I could have a good time listening to the odd Smiths tune for an hour or so! 

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

So one of the Gallagher brothers will be Nos Alive´s next announcement?

If you'd consider this a serious option, I'd say only Noel Gallagher seems likely. Liam could only do the 12th and than has four gigs in four different countries. Noel only has Mad Cool on the 11th. 

Actually, Noel playing main stage on the 12th would make perfect sense. But again: why the hell wait so long? (Very though (last-minute) negotiations?)