NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Tyler the creator doesn't seem to fit with NOSAlive in my opinion. I don't see where he would fit in. I suppose he would be a recognized name for people but personally I think his music lacks any real substance so selfishly that wouldn't improve my festival! 

On the other hand the Hives where at one time my new favorite band so..... 

6 hours ago, Yatesbomb said:

Tyler the creator doesn't seem to fit with NOSAlive in my opinion. I don't see where he would fit in. I suppose he would be a recognized name for people but personally I think his music lacks any real substance so selfishly that wouldn't improve my festival! 

On the other hand the Hives where at one time my new favorite band so..... 

His last album was one of those that had crossover appeal between rap and indie fans so I feel like he wouldn't look too out of place.

15 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

I think it's time to appreciate what we have and make this forum a positive place again! 

#makeefestsgreatagain 

As I said I don't think we are negative, but from my point of view, I bought tickets in January thinking "wow I love this lineup, I've heard only good things about Nos, I love Lisbon, I always enjoy my time with my pals, let's see who will be add to this fantastic lineup". 

Ok, I'm still waiting to see who will be add to this fantastic lineup ;)

Anyway it will be my first time at Nos, and after all I'm really excited :)

19 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

As I said I don't think we are negative, but from my point of view, I bought tickets in January thinking "wow I love this lineup, I've heard only good things about Nos, I love Lisbon, I always enjoy my time with my pals, let's see who will be add to this fantastic lineup". 

Ok, I'm still waiting to see who will be add to this fantastic lineup ;)

Anyway it will be my first time at Nos, and after all I'm really excited :)

I also bought my ticket after just the cure and bon iver. I dont really care for the smashing pumpkins, thom yorke, primal scream, weezer and plenty more on the lineup, so really isnt value for money for me, but it is what it is ?‍♂️ like you say Lisbons a beaut city and the festival itself is a nice one! 

I've accepted I'll be seeing less bands this year so itll just be a different festival experience! 

No use crying over spilt milk (or weak lineups) 

There are more band I want to see this year than when I went in 2017 and I had a blast that year. Cure Weezer and Primal Scream on the same weekend is a dream come true for me. It would just be nice to know who the remaining bands are, we've waited long enough. I bought my ticket 7 months ago.

I have faith in Fridays! We are going to get some good news tomorrow. 

Disclaimer, I am basing this on pure optimism and the realization that Weezer and vampire Weekend's most recent albums are their best albums to date (imo) 

Living in LA, magic tune

This life, great fun

12 minutes ago, Yatesbomb said:

I have faith in Fridays! We are going to get some good news tomorrow. 

Disclaimer, I am basing this on pure optimism and the realization that Weezer and vampire Weekend's most recent albums are their best albums to date (imo) 

Living in LA, magic tune

This life, great fun

Nah, it'll probably be high time for another "Friday I'm in love" post...

Controversial opinion about the albums I'd say. Both bands had killer debuts that are unbeatable to me. Weezer's new one left me cold and I haven't had the chance to listen to VW's, but the singles seemed solid.

Edited by ShutUpDonny

13 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

The marketing team has found time to update the website with an ominous message...

Also H.E.R. is still listed which probably makes the 'lineup soon' message misleading. ?

Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 10.20.58.png

This definitely means something soon! 

When you click H.E.R you get a nice little biography about her. Try Vampire Weekend or Tash Sultana or a bunch of others and you get an error ?

Seems they've already discussed setlists with The Cure too ?

'The Cure will play more than 2 hours of music, with an alignment designed by its extensive music catalogue, which includes international successes such as “Boys Don’t Cry”, “Close To Me”, “Just Like Heaven”, “Lovesong” and “Friday I’m In Love”. The Concert will also feature some of the favorite themes of the unconditional fans, such as “A Forest”, “Push”, “Pictures Of You”, “From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea” and “the End Of The World”, as well as some surprises.'

Edited by DarthSaul

43 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

The marketing team has found time to update the website with an ominous message...

Also H.E.R. is still listed which probably makes the 'lineup soon' message misleading. ?

Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 10.20.58.png

Wow... this bit of information is the biggest progress we've had since Gossip were announced

Edit: really like their new website tbh, the radio is also a nice addition

Edited by young_contra