NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Just now, birchtree29 said:

Why do you guys think it's over?

It's almost mid May. Whatever addition wouldn't affect the ticket selling at this point. Maybe we'll have some small band to come or as someone said before locals or contest winners. 

And there are people saying that Nos Alive is better than other portuguese festivals? Most incosistent lineup and worst PR/managemente I´ve seen in years, are they saving up money for the 2020 edition, because I can´t understand why they are taking so long to announce things, and to even tell that there are artists that cancelled. 

3 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

And there are people saying that Nos Alive is better than other portuguese festivals? Most incosistent lineup and worst PR/managemente I´ve seen in years, are they saving up money for the 2020 edition, because I can´t understand why they are taking so long to announce things, and to even tell that there are artists that cancelled. 

Based on previous lineups I think it is fair to say this has been the best festival in Portugal for the past 10 years. Yes, the lineup is somewhat lacklustre this year, but it seems to be that way everywhere is Europe. 

This is a superb festival no matter who is performing. But yes, I think we can all agree on how poor the PR and communication has been this year, probably the first year they have had where the lineup doesn't just sell itself. 

2 minutes ago, Sam_2316 said:

Based on previous lineups I think it is fair to say this has been the best festival in Portugal for the past 10 years. Yes, the lineup is somewhat lacklustre this year, but it seems to be that way everywhere is Europe. 

This is a superb festival no matter who is performing. But yes, I think we can all agree on how poor the PR and communication has been this year, probably the first year they have had where the lineup doesn't just sell itself. 

I think id probably go as far as to say that despite this being NOS Alive's worst year by a mile, the lineup is still better than any others I can think of...

12 minutes ago, Sam_2316 said:

I think id probably go as far as to say that despite this being NOS Alive's worst year by a mile, the lineup is still better than any others I can think of...

Paredes de Coura has easily the best lineup in portugal this year. I think NOS Primavera Sound and Paredes de Coura are almost undoubtely the best festivals here if we don't take in account merely the lineups

• Like 1

Just now, young_contra said:

Paredes de Coura has easily the best lineup in portugal this year. I think NOS Primavera Sound and Paredes de Coura are almost undoubtely the best festivals here if we don't take in account merely the lineups

Just seen the lineup for this for the first time, certainly a decent lineup but wouldnt say it was head and shoulders over NOS. 

I think its just the fact that many of the main acts at this years festival are not quite as relevant as they have had in the past. (previously had a good mix). But I would say The Cure and Smashing Pumpkins are as big as any name on that lineup. 

15 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Just read the last 3 pages and I can't quite figure out what you're all crying over? are you just complaining about the lineup (before the fb messages this is)?

Well you wouldn't figure that out with just 3 pages of this topic. We're complaining about the amount of time that they are taking to announce new names, which clearly are missing, and how poorly they are managing the communication of said tbc names. No one here finds the current lineup bad, but it's how they are playing their cards with it. If there's nothing more to confirm they could just outright say it but instead they're just playing this waiting game with everyone, giving half assed responses and being in no way, shape or form predictable

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, activean said:

@young_contra seriously pissed off ?

There was like 3 or 4 times this thread turned into "hot" (or what is it?) and i thought, Finally an announcement, but nooo .. 

hahahaha noo I'm not pissed, it's quite disheartening really to have such a stale build up to the festival. I'm attending two days of it so I'm clearly not that bothered with the current lineup, at all, it's really just how they're dealing with the whole situation