NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

2 hours ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

Does the space next to The Cure suggest we might have another main stage headliner on the Thursday? (Poster still says much more to announce too....)

No, this probably shows The Cure demanded (given the other acts that day) to be on top that day in the biggest font possible. Quite some bookers have issues these days coming to an agreement with acts about poster positioning. They are by far the biggest name on this year's line-up (at least historically), so I wouldn't expect anything less than this. 

And wow, an announcement! :P 

I just don't understand why there is no further crossover with Mad Cool. There are so many artists there that aren't on the NOS Alive bill which would fit perfectly and bolster the lineup, such as Empire of the Sun, Disclosure, Foxing, Iggy Pop, Lauryn Hill, Jon Hopkins, Let's Eat Grandma, Mogwai, Nao, Parquet Courts, Rone, The Hives, Vince Staples to name a few. I would definitely be happy with some or all of those names added.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

I just don't understand why there is no further crossover with Mad Cool. There are so many artists there that aren't on the NOS Alive bill which would fit perfectly and bolster the lineup, such as Empire of the Sun, Disclosure, Foxing, Iggy Pop, Lauryn Hill, Jon Hopkins, Let's Eat Grandma, Mogwai, Nao, Parquet Courts, Rone, The Hives, Vince Staples to name a few. I would definitely be happy with some or all of those names added.

Disclosure, Jon Hopkins, Let's Eat Grandma are already playing other festivals in Portugal but I get your point

9 hours ago, Tigane said:

Well at least now we know the only cancelation is H.E.R.

FB_IMG_15567850851057957.jpg

Surprised to see Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever so low. I know they’re not a big band but I wasn’t expecting to see them underneath literally everyone bar Tourist. Hoping they play an early slot so they don’t clash with anyone. My number one act to see at the festival. Bon Iver not far behind so praying there’s no clash there ?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, stylishkids said:

Surprised to see Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever so low. I know they’re not a big band but I wasn’t expecting to see them underneath literally everyone bar Tourist. Hoping they play an early slot so they don’t clash with anyone. My number one act to see at the festival. Bon Iver not far behind so praying there’s no clash there ?

Looking forward to Tourist, this is such a tune:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, young_contra said:

I'm honestly appaled. Way to suck the joy and life out of the festival antecipation season

I know, supposed to be one of the best parts of going to a festival and they've completely robbed us of it this year.

I bet that the first day is closed for the Nos Stage, bet that Cure will play for 2 hours so can´t see them adding more acts in that. Same with the last day, and the second day at best we´ll get some international small name, at worst another portuguese band.

There are atleast 4 bands missing for the Sagres Stage, can´t understand why they didn´t announce them already, and after H.E.R´s cancellation that´s even stanger...

Nos Clubbing stage almost full, guess they announce it closer to July as they always do,  so at this point 90% of the lineup is closed. 

Capturar.PNG

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

I bet that the first day is closed for the Nos Stage, bet that Cure will play for 2 hours so can´t see them adding more acts in that. Same with the last day, and the second day at best we´ll get some international small name, at worst another portuguese band.

There are atleast 4 bands missing for the Sagres Stage, can´t understand why they didn´t announce them already, and after H.E.R´s cancellation that´s even stanger...

Nos Clubbing stage almost full, guess they announce it closer to July as they always do,  so at this point 90% of the lineup is closed. 

Capturar.PNG

yikes, we're two months away from the festival