NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

It is a bit silly to compare SBSR's lineup to NOS Alive's since they aren't really going for the same type of acts at all times. 

I do, however, have to point out that SBSR has done an AMAZING job this year when it comes to PR. Last year they had an awful last day with sound and technical issues when The Voidz playing, almost no one was watching them. This year, not only did they return to their original and beloved venue, they bring out a lineup that surely isn't really appreciated here but it is packed for a lot of people. It is not amazing but it certainly is worth the price of a general ticket.

On the other hand, NOS Alive has a better lineup yet they can't sell it even if their life depended on it.

2 hours ago, young_contra said:

It is a bit silly to compare SBSR's lineup to NOS Alive's since they aren't really going for the same type of acts at all times. 

I do, however, have to point out that SBSR has done an AMAZING job this year when it comes to PR. Last year they had an awful last day with sound and technical issues when The Voidz playing, almost no one was watching them. This year, not only did they return to their original and beloved venue, they bring out a lineup that surely isn't really appreciated here but it is packed for a lot of people. It is not amazing but it certainly is worth the price of a general ticket.

On the other hand, NOS Alive has a better lineup yet they can't sell it even if their life depended on it.

The fact that SBSR almost closed their lineup and still have like only half of the amount of artists of Nos Alive and they already sold out a day is very intersting, I mean you can prefer Nos´s lineup or SBSR´s lineup but one thing is true is that SBSR´s PR is brilliant, to sell out one day and almost selling out another one just with 4 artists on the main stage and only with 4/5 artists on the second stage (I prefer Nos´s second stage)  is amazing.

And of course there are some very big artists on Nos´s lineup that I prefer over SBSR´s artists, I mean I prefer The Cure over Lana Del Rey and Phoenix and Migos but SBSR´s lineup is more consistent. 

Edited by festivalguy97

I think SBSR's lineup appeals to a younger audience. Lana, Phoenix/ Migos/ 1975  are a whole lot more relevant than The Cure/ Smashing Pumpkins/ Thom Yorke/ Primal Scream etc etc . If you split an audience into those wanting contemporary and those wanting heritage/'legends' then the contemporary lot would go to SBSR. 

Usually NOS has a good mix of heritage and contemporary, so probably got an audience comprising of both, but this year SBSR has done really well and taken that portion of the audience imo. 

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Thom Yorke is still relevant though.

I hate Migos and I love Thom Yorke, he´s the biggest reason for me going this year to Nos but come on, a festival like Nos that sold out all the days last year could do better this year, but what happened was exactly the opposite, and SBSR was a disaster last year and look at them now, they have balanced lineup, of course there are very bad acts like Migos and another 2/3 bands but they bet on diversity and maybe that´s what Nos lacks, Nos is very rock/indie oriented and in 2019 there are limited bands to fit in their lineup (unless they keep bringing the same bands every 2)  that´s why they can´t sell out any day this year and probably won´t sell out any day at all and that´s also maybe the reason why they are a big mess right now.

Edited by festivalguy97

13 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

I hate Migos and I love Thom Yorke, he´s the biggest reason for me going this year to Nos but come on, a festival like Nos that sold out all the days last year could do better this year, but what happened was exactly the opposite, and SBSR was a disaster last year and look at them now, they have balanced lineup, of course there are very bad acts like Migos and another 2/3 bands but they bet on diversity and maybe that´s what Nos lacks, Nos is very rock/indie oriented and in 2019 there are limited bands to fit in their lineup (unless they keep bringing the same bands every 2)  that´s why they can´t sell out any day this year and probably won´t sell out any day at all and that´s also maybe the reason why they are a big mess right now.

Whether it's sold out or not it's still a much better line-up than SBSR. I wouldn't get out of bed for SBSR nevermind fly to another country 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tremousse said:

He's another good name for Clubbing Stage tbf, an international one (saw him at Werchter in previous years)

I get that, but is he a good announcement right now? I'm sure they could've just announced him in the middle of a batch of other small names as to close the line up 

21 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I get that, but is he a good announcement right now? I'm sure they could've just announced him in the middle of a batch of other small names as to close the line up 

I think they were just afraid of my GoT/Avengers spoiler threat ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1