NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

4 minutes ago, young_contra said:

whhhhhhhhhhy why why why WHY won't they announce ANYTHING

I sent them a (polite) message demanding to be clear. Let's see if and what they'll answer.

Edited by alan_ts

30 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Yeah I know, but from what I know they start to book artists in the summer, if they knew that lineup wouldn´t be good they shoud´ve stopped for a year to make a bigger lineup for 2020.

Almost every festival got the worse lineup than last year. As I said before I’m very happy with two days of NOS ( thousand times better than SuperBock ) and very disappointed with lack of announcements, 

38 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Almost every festival got the worse lineup than last year. As I said before I’m very happy with two days of NOS ( thousand times better than SuperBock ) and very disappointed with lack of announcements, 

Better than Super Bock? I mean yeah the last day with Migos is not that good, but the other 2 days are superb, and only for 105 euros it has a stronger lineup than Nos. 

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

Better than Super Bock? I mean yeah the last day with Migos is not that good, but the other 2 days are superb, and only for 105 euros it has a stronger lineup than Nos. 

I wouldn’t see watch anything from SuperBock except Cat Power

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

I wouldn’t see watch anything from SuperBock except Cat Power

Laughable statement to say Super bock has a better line up than Nos. I mean come on, they have Metronomy down on the second line on their poster. Just because they’ve been poor in announcing acts doesn’t bring down the acts they’ve already announced.

Now at the point though where I’m hoping Vampire Weekend are headlining the Friday. I don’t think they’re going to be able to come up with another act who are bigger and better than them at this stage. I don’t want them to do a Mad Cool and have an act like Prophets headlining just for the sake of bringing a headliner in. Give Vampire Weekend an hour and half and let them play in the dark. They’ll smash it.

More importantly, fill the Sagres stage up ?

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

That´s not a joke and they already sold out the first day and are almost selling out the last day 

Well very good for them. But the fact remains that the last day of NOS Alive is better than 3/4 of the Super Bock lineup combined.

Also, taste in music is subjective so I won't say better, but TSP/Bon Iver/The Chems/Thom Yorke is certainly bigger than LDR/Phoenix/Migos/1975. And better too (oops). 

P.s.: imagine this topic if Migos headlined NOS Alive instead ?

1 hour ago, stylishkids said:

Laughable statement to say Super bock has a better line up than Nos. I mean come on, they have Metronomy down on the second line on their poster. Just because they’ve been poor in announcing acts doesn’t bring down the acts they’ve already announced.

Now at the point though where I’m hoping Vampire Weekend are headlining the Friday. I don’t think they’re going to be able to come up with another act who are bigger and better than them at this stage. I don’t want them to do a Mad Cool and have an act like Prophets headlining just for the sake of bringing a headliner in. Give Vampire Weekend an hour and half and let them play in the dark. They’ll smash it.

I too like the idea of Vampire Weekend headlining though I won't lie and say that it is a bit of a downgrade from what you'd call an "headliner" act in this festival's context. Won't complain regardless, they're my third favourite band and it'll be my first time seeing them live so having the opportunity of seeing them play a bit longer than what I'd expect is totally welcome

All this talk about VW and I forgot that my username is inspired by them :P

Edited by young_contra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stylishkids said:

Give Vampire Weekend an hour and half and let them play in the dark. They’ll smash it.

NOSAlive has some of the best headliners of any of the mid size European festivals this year. I honestly think one or two recognized names would appease a lot of fans and sell the rest of the tickets. 

For me, I just love listening to live music and doing this gives me the opportunity to hear some new bands. Last time I was at NOS I saw Phoenix and Blossoms who I didnt know previously. This year I am already loving Idles, xavier Rudd, Honne, Cut copy. 

Id be happy just to fill up the sagres stage and pull in a fun band like the Hives. Anything bigger would just be a bonus. 

1 minute ago, Yatesbomb said:

NOSAlive has some of the best headliners of any of the mid size European festivals this year. I honestly think one or two recognized names would appease a lot of fans and sell the rest of the tickets. 

For me, I just love listening to live music and doing this gives me the opportunity to hear some new bands. Last time I was at NOS I saw Phoenix and Blossoms who I didnt know previously. This year I am already loving Idles, xavier Rudd, Honne, Cut copy. 

Id be happy just to fill up the sagres stage and pull in a fun band like the Hives. Anything bigger would just be a bonus. 

do not miss idles by any means

37 minutes ago, Yatesbomb said:

That's the magic 100 pages mark.

Special May Day announcement must be coming........... 

Maybe...... 

And the announcement will be ............................................................................................... «Come to Nos Alive . It is more than an experience» 

Had a look at the Super Bock lineup. As annoying as Nos have been for announcements it still pisses all over what Super Bock have. Cure Weezer Primal Scream and Chems are some of the best gigs I've ever been to. Having them all on one weekend is incredible.

• Like 1