NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Just sent them this on Facebook

'The lack of band announcements or a headliner two months before the festival is really aggravating your paying customers and I dread to think what day ticket sales are like for the Friday. But the worst part is the total lack of communication from your PR team to assure people that announcements are on the way. Drip feeding us one band every few weeks is just annoying everyone. Think hard about how you communicate with customers in the future'

Looking forward to the 'stay tuned' reply ?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, moz4pm said:

Just sent them this on Facebook

'The lack of band announcements or a headliner two months before the festival is really aggravating your paying customers and I dread to think what day ticket sales are like for the Friday. But the worst part is the total lack of communication from your PR team to assure people that announcements are on the way. Drip feeding us one band every few weeks is just annoying everyone. Think hard about how you communicate with customers in the future'

Looking forward to the 'stay tuned' reply ?

Omg keep us updated.

Im starting to think this could be the final lineup. Or pretty much so. Why would they hold back big names that would help sell tickets at this stage when most people have decided what festivals they’re attending by now?

I am desperately trying to stay positive but I think this may actually be the final line up. It will be like three evenings of festivals rather than three days. Some excellent music to be had but will probably wait for line ups to be announced next time. If the strokes or tame impala were signed up they'd be announced already I reckon. 

I had such an amazing experience two years ago and the previous line ups have been stellar, I didn't hesitate to book up, flights, hotels, tickets straight away. The city is great and can't wait to see the cure and the chems but if this is it, it will probably be the last time I go. 

Hey ho, it's not like I'm flying from China or anything....... 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Yatesbomb said:

I am desperately trying to stay positive but I think this may actually be the final line up. It will be like three evenings of festivals rather than three days. Some excellent music to be had but will probably wait for line ups to be announced next time. If the strokes or tame impala were signed up they'd be announced already I reckon. 

I had such an amazing experience two years ago and the previous line ups have been stellar, I didn't hesitate to book up, flights, hotels, tickets straight away. The city is great and can't wait to see the cure and the chems but if this is it, it will probably be the last time I go. 

Hey ho, it's not like I'm flying from China or anything....... 

Same! Booked this festival because I trusted previous line ups. I’ll know better in future. Another festival I’m going to this summer (all points east in London) has basically all our major acts in one day. Ugh

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

There is an updated poster on their Instagram Story which says '+many more' so that's at least ruling out the idea we've got the full lineup?!

Basically yes but it could be also a bunch of local unknown acts at this point. 

16 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

There is an updated poster on their Instagram Story which says '+many more' so that's at least ruling out the idea we've got the full lineup?!

yeah as @alan_ts their "+ many more" might just mean two names, the fado and comedy acts. go figure if you'd actually consider that to be much more

I wouldn't believe that the current lineup is the final one, but then again, the one that they have on their website still has H.E.R. and is STILL (!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW????) missing Primal Scream. If they have acts already booked for the main stage that are yet to be unveiled - WHY are they yet to be unveiled? What a disgusting mess this is, of course we can all be positive and think about how much fun we'll have with a beer in our hands and the sun in our faces but right now there's a lot of planning to some people and that involves money and time. I can't believe how immature this festival's organization is, so oblivious of how silly it looks. I just want them to close the lineup at this point, I have 0 expectations. 

On a side note, I'd hope that wasn't the case but I'd be baffled if all they had planned as an headliner for the 12th was Childish Gambino and didn't set The Strokes as a priority. I have no clue how the negotiations would've went down but it's odd that they are playing multiple times in spain this year and 0 in Portugal, specially considering the dire scene regarding headliners this year 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hannah990 said:

Omg keep us updated.

Im starting to think this could be the final lineup. Or pretty much so. Why would they hold back big names that would help sell tickets at this stage when most people have decided what festivals they’re attending by now?

They have seem my message and not replied.

21 minutes ago, young_contra said:

His date is still up on the W.A.S.T.E. website so maybe nothing has changed

I Don t even know if that event was official or made by some fan. Let s hope that he doesn't cancel, because he is one of the main reasons I will to Nos Alive