NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Until y’all accept Vampire Weekend are a valid and possible headliner, I’m saying nothing. 

I mean... It's not like I wouldn't mind since they are my third favourite band but... That would be kind of weak for NOS Alive! (Although this year is weak in general, I get that)

• Upvote 1

Bought tickets back in January for myself and girlfriend but honestly feels like I'm the PR person trying to make it sound good that it's worth her while going to. festival in Ireland dropped their most headline acts two weeks ago for summer solstice weekend then another 50 names last week...taking a week in Lisbon I know it'll all gel perfectly together but a full line up would help more. Miles Kane sagres(sp) and Noel on Nos I'd love at this stage 

• Upvote 1

On 4/19/2019 at 1:23 PM, young_contra said:

...who are we expecting next year? I've been thinking and having this year's edition being just an okay to good one might result in a fantastic lineup next year, but what do I know. Hopefully The Strokes, The Black Keys, Foals, Tame Impala will all be there next time around

There was a talk that Thom Yorke will be performing with Radiohead at festivals where he´s performing solo this year, so might expect them to be back at Nos Alive after 4 years. 

17 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

There was a talk that Thom Yorke will be performing with Radiohead at festivals where he´s performing solo this year, so might expect them to be back at Nos Alive after 4 years. 

I'm not expecting them to release a new album soon but regardless, I don't see them playing anywhere else in Portugal 

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Going to be some laugh when Mumford & Sons are announced after their Lisbon gig this week.

Mumford & Sons have a new album, they have headlined nearly all major festivals, and whether you like their music or not, they put on a great show. And no doubt that they would sell many tickets at this point. Not a legendary act but NOS Alive would win its bet if that happens. 

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Mumford & Sons have a new album, they have headlined nearly all major festivals, and whether you like their music or not, they put on a great show. And no doubt that they would sell many tickets at this point. Not a legendary act but NOS Alive would win its bet if that happens. 

2 shows in 3 months in the same city? Really doubt that, and they already played in 2015 at Nos Alive, can´t see them coming again at all

16 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Surely everyone in the Lisbon area could go and see them this week if they want, don't think it's even sold out so they're hardly a massive draw .  They're hardly going to get a sudden influx of people from throughout Europe if they announce them for NOS. 

Quietly confident they’ll pull an act or two out this week. Payday week so makes sense to anyway. Not sure they deal in sense but I’ll be checking on Instagram at 9 in the mornings.

Of Monsters and Men have announced a US festival date in September. I’d happily take them anywhere on the line up. Decent singles band.

1 hour ago, stylishkids said:

Quietly confident they’ll pull an act or two out this week. Payday week so makes sense to anyway. Not sure they deal in sense but I’ll be checking on Instagram at 9 in the mornings.

Of Monsters and Men have announced a US festival date in September. I’d happily take them anywhere on the line up. Decent singles band.

We've applied the "payday week" logic far too many times already :(