NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

It's quite possibly the worst PR I've ever seen. This year will be my first time at NOS (have committed fully to it with travel and tickets etc.) I got tickets when it was just The Cure, Chems etc last year.

So committed quite early on, however in my eyes at the time it seemed more than worth it as I had looked at previous line-ups and seen reviews and generally heard good stuff about the festival.

I know that every festival this year is a bit lack luster however like its been said there's no excuses for half a day to be still missing as well as countless other acts.

For people going to NOS for the first time it is extremely off putting at how poorly run it seems to be (based on their social media and lack of communication or acts) Surely they must understand that and know that it could potentially damage future sales as well as current sales.

I am just hoping that by July 14th I will be already planning to come again because it was amazing! 

2 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

It's quite possibly the worst PR I've ever seen. This year will be my first time at NOS (have committed fully to it with travel and tickets etc.) I got tickets when it was just The Cure, Chems etc last year.

So committed quite early on, however in my eyes at the time it seemed more than worth it as I had looked at previous line-ups and seen reviews and generally heard good stuff about the festival.

I know that every festival this year is a bit lack luster however like its been said there's no excuses for half a day to be still missing as well as countless other acts.

For people going to NOS for the first time it is extremely off putting at how poorly run it seems to be (based on their social media and lack of communication or acts) Surely they must understand that and know that it could potentially damage future sales as well as current sales.

I am just hoping that by July 14th I will be already planning to come again because it was amazing! 

Some decent stuff in line up but overall it’s pretty stale and the lack of announcements is very strange. We went last year for first time, where the line up was exceptional, but you’ll have a great time regardless. Really nice site, lovely city and a fantastic weekend. We booked again after the cure were announced and even though I’m not overly excited by line up, I’m looking forward to another cracking weekend In Lisbon 

12 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Don't worry yourself too much. I've been three times and always have an amazing time, even in 2017 when there was only one band I was excited about. Great atmosphere, easy to navigate between stages and much cheaper than most festivals.

8 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Don't worry yourself too much. I've been three times and always have an amazing time, even in 2017 when there was only one band I was excited about. Great atmosphere, easy to navigate between stages and much cheaper than most festivals.

17 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Some decent stuff in line up but overall it’s pretty stale and the lack of announcements is very strange. We went last year for first time, where the line up was exceptional, but you’ll have a great time regardless. Really nice site, lovely city and a fantastic weekend. We booked again after the cure were announced and even though I’m not overly excited by line up, I’m looking forward to another cracking weekend In Lisbon 

Yeah, don't get me wrong I love Lisbon and really enjoyed the Muse day of Rock in Rio last year. So if that was anything to go by then Portuguese festivals are class and a really enjoyable experience. I know I will have a great time but it's just frustrating seeing them lag behind everyone else this year. 

3 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong I love Lisbon and really enjoyed the Muse day of Rock in Rio last year. So if that was anything to go by then Portuguese festivals are class and a really enjoyable experience. I know I will have a great time but it's just frustrating seeing them lag behind everyone else this year. 

It is sad that you have to get to be more excited about Lisbon rather than the festival itself. It shows such a lack of competence from the organizers that clearly don't seem to grasp what it's like to run a festival besides booking bands and having a stage for them. I wish they were more professional but oh well. At this point I just want them to wrap this mess up, I'm not even interested in being optimistic as to who they're going to get. The fact that Primal Scream was the last announced band really is a troubling sign (as it shows that they had no one to announce so they were waiting for that whole Doctor Music matter to pan out)

Edited by young_contra

I still think it's really odd that they aren't even announcing acts for the Sagres stage. Unless their thinking is people would be annoyed at them only announcing smaller acts, I can't see how doing that would be any worse than the current strategy of just posting pictures of people with 'NOS Alive vibes'. I think there's actually a few strong bookings for the Sagres stage like Thom Yorke and Robyn who wouldn't be out of place higher up the NOS stage (though not headliners), which makes the very weak Friday seem even stranger.

I sent a message to them on Facebook recently saying they dont have a friday headliner and they just replied with this 

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for your contact,
Keep tuned to our social media to know all the news ;)

Don't bloody wink at me ya cretins ?

1 minute ago, moz4pm said:

I sent a message to them on Facebook recently saying they dont have a friday headliner and they just replied with this 

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for your contact,

Keep those #NOSAlive vibes going!

1 minute ago, moz4pm said:

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for your contact,

They love a wink don't they ?

I think every reply I have had included one.

38 minutes ago, young_contra said:

It is sad that you have to get to be more excited about Lisbon rather than the festival itself. It shows such a lack of competence from the organizers that clearly don't seem to grasp what it's like to run a festival besides booking bands and having a stage for them. I wish they were more professional but oh well. At this point I just want them to wrap this mess up, I'm not even interested in being optimistic as to who they're going to get. The fact that Primal Scream was the last announced band really is a troubling sign (as it shows that they had no one to announce so they were waiting for that whole Doctor Music matter to pan out)

As much as I am excited for the festival obviously the city plays a huge part as you have to stay there and do stuff there when the festival isn't on. I agree with just wanting it wrapped up. The thing with Primal Scream is why not announce them ages ago when they were announced for every other festival UNLESS they were a recently acquired act. I get that Gossip have just got back together so that makes sense but PS doesn't imo.

Just now, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

They love a wink don't they ?

I think every reply I have had included one.

As much as I am excited for the festival obviously the city plays a huge part as you have to stay there and do stuff there when the festival isn't on. I agree with just wanting it wrapped up. The thing with Primal Scream is why not announce them ages ago when they were announced for every other festival UNLESS they were a recently acquired act. I get that Gossip have just got back together so that makes sense but PS doesn't imo.

Yeah I think Primal Scream were a name they saw the opportunity and took as to booking them. Wonder how long they would take to announce Gossip though, IIRC they announced them due to a leak

How many artist do they have in the Nos Stage? 

They have 5/6/6 in 2018 (17) and now they only have

11: The Cure, Weezer, Linda Martini,  Ornatos violeta (4)

12: Primal Scream, Gossip, Vampire weekend, Izal (4)

13: Tom walker, Smashing pumkins, Bon iver, Chemical brothers, Vetusta Morla, The gift (6)

3 hours ago, young_contra said:

...who are we expecting next year? I've been thinking and having this year's edition being just an okay to good one might result in a fantastic lineup next year, but what do I know. Hopefully The Strokes, The Black Keys, Foals, Tame Impala will all be there next time around

I would expect Muse and  The Black Keys to be two of the headliners for next year