NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

3 minutes ago, MELHERB said:

Well ...Mad Cools announcement was that they are having a smaller party on the 10th July!!!!

How disappointing!

I was wanting them to anounce final acts so that NOS can pull their finger out and announce theirs!

god help NOS if they try the pre party gimmick!!!

To be fair they have some decent names considering its just a 'pre-party' Id  take The Cat Empire and Metronomy 

For just 30 euros

Edited by Sam_2316

2 minutes ago, Sam_2316 said:

To be fair they have some decent names considering its just a 'pre-party' Id  take The Cat Empire and Metronomy 

For just 30 euros

True -

I am just desperate for NOS to confirm their acts now as have a 3 day ticket, hotels and flights booked.  Gutted because I only booked this on the strenght that MadCool and NOS shared most of their acts last year.  I'd even be happy if Noel Gallagher, Miles Kane and Disclosure came over from Mad Cool too.

Nos need to get their line up confirmed before they think about adding extra parties.!

It's a big mystery now... Prophets of Rage playing Vilar de Mouros isn't reassuring at all. Rosalia headlining the Mad Cool pre-party... There's not many solutions considering headliners touring near Portugal...

44 minutes ago, Tigane said:

I just hope that we don't eng up getting Bring me the Horizon...

They're playing in Russia on the 12th thankfully. Like others I'm not expecting Tame Impala which makes me think it's just going to be a fairly small headliner or Vampire Weekend will quietly be promoted to headliner. 

1 hour ago, Tigane said:

I just hope that we don't eng up getting Bring me the Horizon...

Really doubt that they´ll play 3 concertos in a row (Madrid-Lisbon-Russia) but Lykke li could easily come to play, Rosalia is already playing at NPS so really doubt that she´ll come, Metronomy at SBSR so won´t come. 

So just for 30 euros you can see Rosalia, Bring Me The Horizon, Lykke Li and others, plus the 3 days of the festival, at the end this looks very cool, not as good as last year but better than 90% os festivals out there, it really hurts to see that Nos can´t even have even 50% of quality of Mad Cool and difference in the price between Mad Cool and Nos Alive is not that big if you buy your tickets early.

Edited by festivalguy97

13 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Really doubt that they´ll play 3 concertos in a row (Madrid-Lisbon-Russia) but Lykke li could easily come to play, Rosalia is already playing at NPS so really doubt that she´ll come, Metronomy at SBSR so won´t come.

Lykke Li will be in Slovakia on July 11 or 12 and then in the UK on July 13, so Madrid-Lisbon-Trencin-London in 4 days would be quite a trip for her.

20 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Maybe the long awaited Friday headliner is not that big, of that special. 

A couple of weeks ago the negotiations with the friday headliner fell apart. And obviously, it was not their first choice. 

Difficult summer for all the organizers. Open'er for example had to open the jackpot for The Strokes.

@Ken19 as you mentioned The Strokes.....if you know any figures, can you tell me how much they are actually demanding for a show? Or just in comparison to other bands like Kings of Leon or The Killers? (let's say "80% of The Killers")

I know they aren't well known for their ambitions to play a lot of shows, but I find it quite weird that some festivals like Lollapalooza Paris or Bilbao BBK are willing to go "all in" for this band and other big players like Glastonbury, Rock Werchter, Roskilde etc were not able to get their hands on them......sorry for off topic

back to NOS Alive:  I guess The Prodigy could have been a viable option at some time, since they were se to play Doctor Music on the thursday but we know what happened......

Liam Gallagher is headling Bilbao on thursday, I could see him as a smaller last-minute headliner for friday.

If Mad Cool and NOS Alive still have money in their pockets they could convince Twenty One Pilots to do 2 more shows the weekend before Lollapalooza Paris just like Open'er/Eurockeennes did it with The Smashing Pumpkins.

But overall I think Liam or maybe Chance the Rapper should be more realistic

15 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

@Ken19 as you mentioned The Strokes.....if you know any figures, can you tell me how much they are actually demanding for a show? Or just in comparison to other bands like Kings of Leon or The Killers? (let's say "80% of The Killers")

I know they aren't well known for their ambitions to play a lot of shows, but I find it quite weird that some festivals like Lollapalooza Paris or Bilbao BBK are willing to go "all in" for this band and other big players like Glastonbury, Rock Werchter, Roskilde etc were not able to get their hands on them......sorry for off topic

back to NOS Alive:  I guess The Prodigy could have been a viable option at some time, since they were se to play Doctor Music on the thursday but we know what happened......

Liam Gallagher is headling Bilbao on thursday, I could see him as a smaller last-minute headliner for friday.

If Mad Cool and NOS Alive still have money in their pockets they could convince Twenty One Pilots to do 2 more shows the weekend before Lollapalooza Paris just like Open'er/Eurockeennes did it with The Smashing Pumpkins.

But overall I think Liam or maybe Chance the Rapper should be more realistic

Both Liam and Chance are extremely disappointing possibilities 

20 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Yesterday MC announced 26 artists, today another 16. Pretty sure few of them will be at NOS, so why do we have to wait another day, another week for another artist?

Thing is, who would you take from that batch as an headliner? I cant come up with anyone even outside of those. 

Is there any other festival yet without as many artists as nos is missing?

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Thing is, who would you take from that batch as an headliner? I cant come up with anyone even outside of those. 

Is there any other festival yet without as many artists as nos is missing?

Forget about headliner for a second, there are more names missing on the poster. I know most of people dream about Foals, Impala, Florence, I don't ?; but right now I just take anything. 

Speaking about other festivals, I think only Opener is missing more than NOS, including couple of co-headliners 

Since the Friday's headliner is likely to be a disappointment anyway (most likely, if Tame Impala are indeed out), I'd be happy enough if the rest of the spots are all filled with decent Mad Cool names. Something along the lines of The Cat Empire, Mogwai, Iggy, Lauryn Hill, insert your favourite.

It also appears Mad Cool will take the "okayest lineup of the year" award after all.

I´ve said this in the past but Kings of Leon are bokeod at Benicassim as "Spanish Exclusive" alongside with Lana Del Rey who´s also "Spanish Exclusive" that means that both of them will come to Portugal, Lana is already playing at Super Bock, Kings of Leon until past weeks could come to Super Bock also but now Super Bock closed their main stage and headliners so the only avaiable festival for them is Nos Alive because other portuguese festivals have also closed their lineups, unless they go to MEO Mares Vivas but I doubt that. 

Capturar.PNG

Edited by festivalguy97

2 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

I´ve said this in the past but Kings of Leon are bokeod at Benicassim as "Spanish Exclusive" alongside with Lana Del Rey who´s also "Spanish Exclusive" that means that both of them will come to Portugal, Lana is already playing at Super Bock, Kings of Leon until past weeks could come to Super Bock also but now Super Bock closed their main stage and headliners so the only avaiable festival for them is Nos Alive because other portuguese festivals have also closed their lineups, unless they go to MEO Mares Vivas but I doubt that. 

Capturar.PNG

Image result for god please no

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

I´ve said this in the past but Kings of Leon are bokeod at Benicassim as "Spanish Exclusive" alongside with Lana Del Rey who´s also "Spanish Exclusive" that means that both of them will come to Portugal

It doesn't. I think that just means they can come because it's not on their contract that they can't...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, spacedementia said:

It doesn't. I think that just means they can come because it's not on their contract that they can't...

I think it does, because in the past Killers and other bands who came to play only in Spain, they always put "Exclusive Iberian", this is the first time I see "Exclusive Spanish" and also Lana del Rey has also "Exclusive Spanish" and she´s playing in Portugal this year.