NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

2 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

2019 is a year when a lot of bands cancelled their plans or showed some interest, but also pulled out the trigger. So you can say that The Strokes are not replacing some band specific. Normally The Smashing Pumpkins were not touring during their weekend too. But extra cash can do some magic, sometimes.  

Thanks! Wondering who are the 2 remaining Open'er co-heads. Hopefully, they still got some extra cash in their pockets ;)

3 minutes ago, mln said:

Thanks! Wondering who are the 2 remaining Open'er co-heads. Hopefully, they still got some extra cash in their pockets ;)

Have they recently announced their will be some extra co-heads? I know they announced that Pumpkins would co-head, but from what i have heard that plan crashed. 

5 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Have they recently announced their will be some extra co-heads? I know they announced that Pumpkins would co-head, but from what i have heard that plan crashed. 

When announcing Swedish House Mafia and then The Smashing Pumpkins, they stated that both these bands are co-headliners for Saturday and Friday respectively (and they did not say so in respect of any other band from these two days).

Edited by mln

4 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Open'er is not the best festival in marketing and communication. As far as i know The Strokes were a lucky shot.

Curious of they have some extra acts in the bag that are co-head worthy. I have my doubts... 

I'd say they are one of the worst in that fields.

I guess we'll see who they have soon, maybe this Friday, but I doubt it.

Just now, Hullabaloo92 said:

Since H.E.R. was supporting Childish Gambino on his latest tour, could he have been the missing headliner for NOS Alive and Mad Cool? I heard he had been booked for Glastonbury and Pukkelpop but cancelled all of his european shows.

that's what has been said around here, seems plausible

1 hour ago, young_contra said:

...so no tame impala :(

I think the two festivals are working together about this question. So, I think they will be chasing the same names until they get something, but, if they can't, probably will go separate ways.

The affiliation between the two festivals is real and probably they signed a contract or something, like NOS Alive did with Bilbao BBK before. We have two examples that prove this: they sell tickets together to see the same band at both festivals and there is a contest where a non famous band can join both line-ups.

I guess Tame Impala could be a option... if they'll go separate ways.

2 hours ago, joaommaia said:

The third headliner only could be same that will co-headline with Bon Iver at Mad Cool.

Or not, nothing prevents Tame Impala from coming, last year they went to play Mad Cool very unexpectedly, this year could be the same with Nos Alive, at best we will have Tame Impala coheadlining with the Madcool´s mising headliner, but man it kills me the fact that they´ll taking so much to announce it, just f*cking announce it. 

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

Or not, nothing prevents Tame Impala from coming, last year they went to play Mad Cool very unexpectedly, this year could be the same with Nos Alive, at best we will have Tame Impala coheadlining with the Madcool´s mising headliner, but man it kills me the fact that they´ll taking so much to announce it, just f*cking announce it. 

That is another option: Tame Impala being co-headliners with the missing co-headliner from Mad Cool.

My question is: if they have Tame Impala, why aren't they already announced?

My opinion is a bit different; if you look at previous years there's always one headliner / co-headliner that only plays NOS. 2018 it was The National, 2017 Weeknd. Before Mad Cool, they used to share majority of the line-up with Bilbao BBK, but always had at least one big name that wasn't playing there. Radiohead in 2016, and before that Sam Smith, The Libertines ....

So far all the major names are playing both NOS and MC, maybe it's about time to announce something that can't be seen in Spain during that weekend. Kings of Leon ?

5 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

They also played Citadel a few days after Mad Cool though. They didn’t come over for a single date. If they were going to do Nos this year, it would literally be for a single date. They then did the US the following week for 2 festivals. Not sure it would be worth leaving Europe at the end of June and then coming back a fortnight later it for that one date. 

Got to be something with Mad Cool or Florence and KOL, these could have easily been booked months ago just to play Nos. Can’t really play both with KOL’s Beni date and Florences Madrid and Barca dates in March. Unless it’s a decent sized act, then they’ve made a mistake

Well ...Mad Cools announcement was that they are having a smaller party on the 10th July!!!!

How disappointing!

I was wanting them to anounce final acts so that NOS can pull their finger out and announce theirs!

god help NOS if they try the pre party gimmick!!!