NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

I don’t know how much nos needs the non portuguese audience but they’re taking a very strange approach this year. The undecided may have opted for another festival already where they know majority of the line up

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

I don’t know how much nos needs the non portuguese audience but they’re taking a very strange approach this year. The undecided may have opted for another festival already where they know majority of the line up

they really don't need much from it tbh, they already make tons of money with regular shows throughout the year

Lauryn Hill is a very big name, I guess that Nos Alive won´t book her as headliner because it´s not their type of artist, but if they bring Tame Impala, her, Parquet Courts and Empire of The Sun it would be really superb, I´m really impressed with these new additions from Mad Cool, not as good as last year´s but if Alive´s lineup doesn´t get better I´m thinking to get Mad Cool´s tickets because here in Portugal the only lineup I like is Paredes de Coura. 

4 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Well by checking Doctor Music/Mad Cool/BBK Bilbao,  the only kind of headliner i can image for Friday is the Gallagher brothers co-headline xD

Liam’s in Slovakia and Ukraine that weekend so definitely won’t be adding a further date.

I’ve literally no idea who it could be. I think they’ll be sharing them with Mad Cool with them playing there on Thursday and Nos on the Friday. Going by that it definitely won’t be Tame Impala. I’m just struggling to even hazard a guess who it could be 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Well by checking Doctor Music/Mad Cool/BBK Bilbao,  the only kind of headliner i can image for Friday is the Gallagher brothers co-headline xD

Please no. I prefer my festivals bellend free. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Both festivals have already lost their international audience. I have only seen one english comment on Mad Cool’s lineup post. The sales for both festivals will be a lot less compared to last year if that last headliner is not a big name

22 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Both festivals have already lost their international audience. I have only seen one english comment on Mad Cool’s lineup post. The sales for both festivals will be a lot less compared to last year if that last headliner is not a big name

The Mad Cool lineup is strong and no less international than previous years. Yeah, the headliners lack global mega-bands like Arctic Monkeys and Depeche Mode but on the whole, it's really not far behind at all. We're going (from the UK) because of the impressive line-up and I'm sure many will do the same. 

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

Mad Cool is still one of the best festivals out there, Mad Cool and Primavera, their lineups are not as good as last year but they still are my favorite ones, that really shows that lineups all over the world are very bad this year, I mean look at Glasto and all the american lineups, they look like shit.

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

How many artists are left for the Nos Stage? Like 4? 

If I'm correct, this is it at the moment:

July 11
NOS: The Cure // Weezer // Ornatos Violeta // Linda Martini 
Sagres: Jorja Smith // Hot Chip // Robyn // Xavier Rudd // Sharon van Etten // Loyle Carner // Honne

July 12
NOS: Vampire Weekend // Primal Scream // Gossip // Izal
Sagres: Tash Sultana // H.E.R. // Cut Copy // RY X // Pip Blom

July 13
NOS: The Smashing Pumpkins // Bon Iver // The Chemical Brothers // The Gift // Vetusta Morla // Tom Walker
Sagres: Thom Yorke // IDLES // Gavin James // Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

Based on the previous years (and Saturday already has six names), five or six names each day on the NOS stage. So, I expect two to four acts yet to be announced for the main stage. Although we've seen two days with just four names in some years, they had Depeche Mode and Radiohead. Curious what will happen on Thursday with The Cure. Probably have a very long set? So maybe just those four?

Sagres also some international acts to go, I suspect. Usually about eight acts, some Portugese. Unless acts get longer sets, about 9 acts left to announce and I guess four or five international?

My personal opinion, pretty decent line-up for the money. Indeed, the Friday needs some good additions. Can't complain about the Saturday, one bigger main stage name on the Thursday would make it a top day as well for me. Clubbing Stage also has some attractive names this year. If it where me, they could put some of them on the Sagres stage.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, StupidDream said:

There has to be an announcement tomorrow... But then again, wouldn't be surprising to be let down by the PR once more :lol: 

So tomorrow that long awaited Friday headliner together with Mad Cool's Thurday headliner announcement?

Maybe the long awaited Friday headliner is not that big, of that special. 

A couple of weeks ago the negotiations with the friday headliner fell apart. And obviously, it was not their first choice. 

Difficult summer for all the organizers. Open'er for example had to open the jackpot for The Strokes.

Edited by Ken19

15 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

A couple of weeks ago the negotiations with the friday headliner fell apart. And obviously, it was not their first choice. 

Difficult summer for all the organizers. Open'er for example had to open the jackpot for The Strokes.

I'm not really hopeful. Best case scenario we get Tame Impala as headliners

19 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Can you reveal who was supposed to play the Strokes slot at Open'er?

6 minutes ago, young_contra said:

It seems Tame Impala wasn't initially booked, and looking at their schedule at the moment, I don't think they'll be booked as a replacement. Currently Glastonbury as last European date and in Australia circa three weeks later. They'll have to stick around (or at least their production) in Europe, maybe only if you throw a lot of money at them. So also not hopeful it's them, probably somebody has made this same comment a few page back. 

Enter Prophets of Rage?

Or another not-so-exciting, usually-not-even-a-headliner act we can think of?

16 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Normally next year when everybody knows the new album... An Arcade Fire scenario like 2016 is really an exception (also supposed to play in 2017, but pushed to play a year early due to some cancellations).

15 minutes ago, mln said:

Can you reveal who was supposed to play the Strokes slot at Open'er?

2019 is a year when a lot of bands cancelled their plans or showed some interest, but also pulled out the trigger. So you can say that The Strokes are not replacing some band specific. Normally The Smashing Pumpkins were not touring during their weekend too. But extra cash can do some magic, sometimes.  

• Upvote 1