NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

1 minute ago, Sam_2316 said:

There is supposedly an announcement to be made on Thursday for Mad Cool...could be it

Honestly I don't think so. 

I don't want to be derespectful but why do a press conference to announce a band that is almost everywhere next summer? 

But who knows, maybe they'll announce a bunch of names included Tame Impala. 

1 minute ago, alan_ts said:

Honestly I don't think so. 

I don't want to be derespectful but why do a press conference to announce a band that is almost everywhere next summer? 

But who knows, maybe they'll announce a bunch of names included Tame Impala. 

Tame played Mad Cool last year anyway. They'll be nothing to do with Mad Cools announcement 

1 minute ago, gregory said:

Tame played Mad Cool last year anyway. They'll be nothing to do with Mad Cools announcement 

I forgot about that. Anyway I'm sure that MC conference is related to Nos announcement. 

So is there an official affiliation between Nos and Mad Cool?

Obviously I understand that being held at similar times and being in neighbouring countries means you’re going to get a few overlapping acts with the two but does Nos usually always wait for MC to announce someone before they do???

I assume that’s why everyone is expecting a Nos announcement this week after the MC press conference??

5 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Obviously I understand that being held at similar times and being in neighbouring countries means you’re going to get a few overlapping acts with the two but does Nos usually always wait for MC to announce someone before they do???

I assume that’s why everyone is expecting a Nos announcement this week after the MC press conference??

I'm sure there are people more knowledgeable about the owners/promoters and whatnot but when I last went in 2017 you could buy a combi ticket to see Foo Fighters at both NOS and Mad Cool on the same weekend so definitely some kind of affiliation

2 hours ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

They are both livenation festivals and share headliners and most of the subsin 2018 and 2019 with a few exceptions like Tame Impala last year and Thom Yorke this year. They sold combo tickets for the same headliner last year in both festivals as well. They try to make announcements close to each other and usually Mad Cool announces first since they like to announce several artists in one announcement.

21 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

They are both livenation festivals and share headliners and most of the subsin 2018 and 2019 with a few exceptions like Tame Impala last year and Thom Yorke this year. They sold combo tickets for the same headliner last year in both festivals as well. They try to make announcements close to each other and usually Mad Cool announces first since they like to announce several artists in one announcement.

NOS Alive is not a Live Nation festival, don't know about Mad Cool

9 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Phoenix are the third headliner for the Super Bock Super Rock festival, so The Strokes aren´t coming to Portugal after all, maybe that´s why Nos Alive is taking so long to announce somebody because SBSR without The Strokes aren´t a real threat to them. 

if they weren't a threat you'd think they would've already done it though, it surely has to be due to other complications

3 minutes ago, young_contra said:

if they weren't a threat you'd think they would've already done it though, it surely has to be due to other complications

Yeah that´s not the main reason, but now that the Super Bock festival closed their headliners and The Strokes aren´t coming to play there after all can´t see why not to announce the rest of the festival, hope the Madcool thursday´s announcement means also something for Nos Alive. 

43 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Phoenix are the third headliner for the Super Bock Super Rock festival, so The Strokes aren´t coming to Portugal after all, maybe that´s why Nos Alive is taking so long to announce somebody because SBSR without The Strokes aren´t a real threat to them. 

Why are you saying that Phoenix will headline SBSR? I think it's just one more announcement.

Edited by joaommaia

8 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Blitz ( i know they aren't exactly credible) are saying they are the last headliner

Yeah, then I saw. I don't know why Phoenix are considered as headliner material for a festival like SBSR. They're not that famous in Portugal. 

I don't understand portuguese festivals anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by joaommaia

12 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Yeah, then I saw. I don't know why Phoenix are considered as headliner material for a festival like SBSR. They're not that famous in Portugal. 

I don't understand portuguese festivals anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Same for me, and they played here 2 years ago at Nos Alive, but that´s the sad realidy we´re living in