NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

15 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I've had a listen to them this week after seeing a few posts on here raving about them and I like what I hear. I'll definitely be watching.

Poetry. 

15 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I'll drink sangrias during Tom Walker I suppose 

Only during Tom Walker??? 

25 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I've had a listen to them this week after seeing a few posts on here raving about them and I like what I hear. I'll definitely be watching.

Ive seen them live twice and even got to interview them, theyre seriously one of the best acts around right now. The second time I watched them it was a sweaty beauty to behold, IMO the second best confirmation for the third day

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm worried they'll do something stupid like putting Idles on late at night against Bon Iver or Chemical Brothers.

I think their festival concert will be around 50mins/1hr so they'll get an early slot (this is what I hope). 

37 minutes ago, young_contra said:

what the hell

edit: wow nevermind didnt even realize the wrong date lmao

Yeah, sorry for the mixup, Idles are at NOS on the 13th according to the poster, so this is probably obviously wrong. Can't believe I fell for it :D I did remember something about them doing multiple gigs on the same day, but Ireland to Portugal seems... much :D

Edited by ShutUpDonny

3 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Sooo with a Mad Cool announcement next week, what are we expecting? 

Nothing as usual. 

I'm joking, I think we'll get the almost the same (huge?) things of MC. 

From the new names I'd rule out Miley Cyrus sincd she's been announced for Primavera Sound. 

Edited by alan_ts

2 hours ago, Hannah990 said:

Do you guys reckon the MC announcement will push Nos to release some big acts?

my dreams of tame impala / foals are fading by the minute

Some people made a few points here about Foals and they do seem to be very spot on so I wouldn't count that much on them, unfortunately

33 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

I´ve heard that Nos´s ticket sales are a disaster, and I don´t think that Tame Impala will change that but I guess they´ll still make a good money with the festival. 

where'd you hear that from? I wouldn't expect a DISASTER but they must be the worst in the past years. but yeah, even if the festival doesn't warrant them a lot of money this promoter makes tons of money with concerts throughout the year so I'm sure they aren't too worried (I wouldn't be, at least - I'd be more worried in actually getting a PROPER communication team)

24 minutes ago, young_contra said:

where'd you hear that from? I wouldn't expect a DISASTER but they must be the worst in the past years. but yeah, even if the festival doesn't warrant them a lot of money this promoter makes tons of money with concerts throughout the year so I'm sure they aren't too worried (I wouldn't be, at least - I'd be more worried in actually getting a PROPER communication team)

I have a friend that works for the Everything is New, he doesn´t have much acess to things like that but he said that the selling proportion of the tickets is the lowest one in years, there plenty of tickets to sell and he said that soon they´ll start to make giveaways where they´ll give tickets for free like last year but  in a bigger  proportion, but yeah they´ll still make a good money with the festival because there are a lot of Spanish and Portuguese bands that I think were very cheap.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

I´ve heard that Nos´s ticket sales are a disaster, and I don´t think that Tame Impala will change that but I guess they´ll still make a good money with the festival. 

No real surprise when they haven't announced the entire line up. I guess they thought they would sell loads purely on reputation alone.