NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

That Splendour line up has made things interesting!

Still wouldn’t expect Foals. Can’t see them going from Europe to Aus without a small break. They are really smashing the touring this year though! I could be completely wrong in my thinking. I hope I am anyway ?. Would love them there

Weren’t there rumours of Childish Gambino knocking about? But then he cancelled? If they were true then why we he still go ahead with Australian dates a week after? Rumours could have been a load of nonsense of course.

Got to be between him and Tame Impala surely for the final headliner. No idea why Tame Impala couldn’t have been announced so far though. Unless they’ve had to go in for them in the past month or two because they’ve been struggling for names 

Edit: The Lion King is released on 19th July so maybe Childish Gambino has had to pull the European dates for promotional duties and the premieres. No idea what the schedules are like for actors round a films release ?

Edited by stylishkids

5 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Doesn't necessarily rule them out but Foals and Tame Impala have been announced for Splendour in the Grass in Australia the week after this. 

3 hours ago, Tigane said:

but it will rule them out from SBSR

Honestly, Tame Impala dates this summer make little to no sense geographically. Them not playing SBSR surely helps, but I still have no idea what to make of it, I just really, really hope they headline the Friday and I'm feeling hopeful ? 

21 hours ago, stylishkids said:

For that reason, they’ve an empty schedule that weekend. They’re touring non stop from now till 6/7 July. That’s a long schedule without a break. Management have probably earmarked a break of a few weeks in the period where Nos Alive is to recharge the batteries. They won’t drop everything for a bog standard festival slot in Portugal. I’ll be extremely shocked if they turn up.

Fair shout

16 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Doesn't necessarily rule them out but Foals and Tame Impala have been announced for Splendour in the Grass in Australia the week after this. 

Oh , and Maribou State are in both Alive and Splendour in the grass, so  no band  that is in the australian festival is ruled out from Alive 

38 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Oh , and Maribou State are in both Alive and Splendour in the grass, so  no band  that is in the australian festival is ruled out from Alive 

Yeah I noticed that Chvrches and Franz Ferdinand did both last year so definitely not ruled out. I guess Tame Impala might be different as they might just be heading home for a few weeks between Glastonbury and Splendour in the Grass but hopefully not.

To be honest I won't even care whats on mainstage at that point on Saturday, it's the third day, I'll be getting pissed with my mates waiting for SP and Chems.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

To be honest I won't even care whats on mainstage at that point on Saturday, it's the third day, I'll be getting pissed with my mates waiting for SP and Chems.

This all well and good but now you're going to have to get pissed whilst hearing Tom Walker wailing in the background ??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarthSaul said:

This all well and good but now you're going to have to get pissed whilst hearing Tom Walker wailing in the background ??

No problem guys, the real Saturday headliner will play in the afternoon on second stage. 

I D L E S

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

No problem guys, the real Saturday headliner will play in the afternoon on second stage. 

I D L E S

I've had a listen to them this week after seeing a few posts on here raving about them and I like what I hear. I'll definitely be watching.