NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Perhaps Massive Attack were due to be announced, but after they cancelled the US tour they are holding back on the announcement?

I was meant to catch 'em at Mad Cool last year but they bailed last minute.

Also - Tame Impala new music is a possibility, but are they headliner material for Nos? They weren't THAT high up at Mad Cool last year.

3 minutes ago, Callum Thornhill said:

Tame Impala new music is a possibility, but are they headliner material for Nos? They weren't THAT high up at Mad Cool last year.

Tame Impala was actually a headliner that day but since Pearl Jam asked for only themselves to be written as headliner, they put Tame Impala to second line. They still  have a chance to headline Nos Alive though.

3 minutes ago, Callum Thornhill said:

Perhaps Massive Attack were due to be announced, but after they cancelled the US tour they are holding back on the announcement?

I was meant to catch 'em at Mad Cool last year but they bailed last minute.

Also - Tame Impala new music is a possibility, but are they headliner material for Nos? They weren't THAT high up at Mad Cool last year.

I think Massive Attack won't do Nos.

TI is a possibility.

3 minutes ago, pryce said:

again they have announced headliners twice in the last 6 or 7 years later than this date, so its more peoples impatience than the festival in trouble.

oh yes, but as a festival goer I WANT MORE :):)

3 hours ago, pryce said:

again they have announced headliners twice in the last 6 or 7 years later than this date, so its more peoples impatience than the festival in trouble.

Yeah but did you have by then only two man stage acts (with only one of them being relevant)? I'm not bothered by a lack of a headliner at this point but people seem to be forgetting that we're also only counting with a spanish band that most people won't care about and vampire weekend. 

I get that a headliner must have dropped out but why would that stop them from filling us in on who's playing before them? I'm lucky enough to not have other responsibilities but I'm sure many people have lost their patience and just gave up on booking a place to stay when attending NOS Alive. 

1 minute ago, DarthSaul said:

The new Flume mixtape has got me hoping he's there. Haven't checked to see if he's active though.

Agree that mixtape is really good. At the moment only Lolla and Summer Sonic Japan in August. 

Just now, alan_ts said:

Usually an exclusive is announced as exclusive I think. 

Sometimes they don't announce that.  For example  the last time Foo Fighters came to Nos Alive, then signed an exclusive deal with them, for 2 years without any other shows in Portugal (i was told by people with good connections in the music world that).  And i know  Nos Alive obligated THe Last Internatonale to cancel any other portuguese dates, last year, to be exclusive from them 

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

Sometimes they don't announce that.  For example  the last time Foo Fighters came to Nos Alive, then signed an exclusive deal with them, for 2 years without any other shows in Portugal (i was told by people with good connections in the music world that).  And i know  Nos Alive obligated THe Last Internatonale to cancel any other portuguese dates, last year, to be exclusive from them 

I don't think that's the case with TI and PS though. It would be odd for them to accept exclusivity in spain for two years in a row and the cases you mentioned are only related to portugal only so who knows

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

Ok it has sense but it is related to "Portugal", not to "festivals". I hope you understand what I mean ;)

Would Primavera not rather have Tame Impala for both Barcelona and Porto rather than book them as a Spanish exclusive? I suppose they could just be busy around Primavera Porto but I don't think they have that many festivals around that weekend.

Edited by kingcrawler