NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Apologies if these are dumb questions, but is it like other European festivals where bands start and finish much later? First band I want to see is Weezer, I'm presuming they won't be on until about 8? Looking at booking flights, but don't want to land too late in the day but don't want to get 6am flights either. 

Who is closing on the Saturday because I've seen Bon Iver ahead of the Pumpkins on one poster but the official website poster has the Pumpkins ahead? Also if it is SP are they going to clash with the Chemical Brothers? 

8 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Apologies if these are dumb questions, but is it like other European festivals where bands start and finish much later? First band I want to see is Weezer, I'm presuming they won't be on until about 8? Looking at booking flights, but don't want to land too late in the day but don't want to get 6am flights either. 

Who is closing on the Saturday because I've seen Bon Iver ahead of the Pumpkins on one poster but the official website poster has the Pumpkins ahead? Also if it is SP are they going to clash with the Chemical Brothers? 

@arcuse made this, really accurate and it could be close to reality. 

TSP and Chems won't clash, they are both on main. 

Edited by alan_ts

4 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Yes, the bands start and finish later. As said, those two can't clash. Usually with European festivals/this festival, the dance act will go on later, even if they aren't the biggest act on the bill. So the Chems will be on last.

I think the main stage finishes about 1am then the smaller ones go on until 4am or 5am. Check here:

https://clashfinder.com/s/nos18/

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yes, the bands start and finish later. As said, those two can't clash. Usually with European festivals/this festival, the dance act will go on later, even if they aren't the biggest act on the bill. So the Chems will be on last.

I think the main stage finishes about 1am then the smaller ones go on until 4am or 5am. Check here:

https://clashfinder.com/s/nos18/

Thanks. 

I've been thinking after seeing them do a gig at the Pyramids in Egypt over the weekend and a Japanese festival lined up in August, could the RHCP be the final headliner? The band members have said that a new album is due this year, and they are very much a festival band, likely to do a mini-festival tour to create hype for it. Maybe they're the band Mad Cool, Open'er and Nos Alive are holding out for...

1 hour ago, chilirocker said:

I've been thinking after seeing them do a gig at the Pyramids in Egypt over the weekend and a Japanese festival lined up in August, could the RHCP be the final headliner? The band members have said that a new album is due this year, and they are very much a festival band, likely to do a mini-festival tour to create hype for it. Maybe they're the band Mad Cool, Open'er and Nos Alive are holding out for...

They have been ruled out of MC by a trusted user on the spanish forums, I believe

I'm probably the only one not bothered about this other headliner haha. £119 for The Cure, SP,  Weezer, Thom Yorke, Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Hot Chip, RBCF is fine by me. Much better than anything in the UK this summer too.

The extra headliner is just a bonus now. Of course if it was Neil Young, I'd self combust. Just hope it isn't a Gallagher, Coldplay or anything Radio 1 play. 

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

I'm probably the only one not bothered about this other headliner haha. £119 for The Cure, SP,  Weezer, Thom Yorke, Chemical Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Hot Chip, RBCF is fine by me. Much better than anything in the UK this summer too.

The extra headliner is just a bonus now. Of course if it was Neil Young, I'd self combust. Just hope it isn't a Gallagher, Coldplay or anything Radio 1 play. 

I'm in the same camp. Now I've paid for my flight, and I don't have to 'worry' about it getting more expensive, I'm pretty much all good. Agreed that Neil Young would be optimum!

35 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

You know! Neil Young would be lovely 

8 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

No Portugal 

No Spain

?

No...

Austria
Croatia
Czechia
Denmark
Finland
Greece