NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Just now, DarthSaul said:

Looking at their tour dates they currently have 2 dates in Europe 19th -21st July in France and then nothing until 7th August so it does seem plausible they'd look to flesh out this EU festival run but NOS is maybe the wrong side of this? 

I don't think they'd be a fitting act but who knows anymore. I could see them playing super bock super rock though

5 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I don't think they'd be a fitting act but who knows anymore. I could see them playing super bock super rock though

Just taking a quick flick through old lineups and you have Disclosure, Sam Smith, The Weeknd, The Prodigy, Mumford and Sons all headlining very recently; is there really such a thing as a 'fitting act'? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DarthSaul said:

Just taking a quick flick through old lineups and you have Disclosure, Sam Smith, The Weeknd, The Prodigy, Mumford and Sons all headlining very recently; is there really such a thing as a 'fitting act'? 

well then... since you put it that way... not at all ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

No but in different ways these are quality acts but TOP....................

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

eh i'd take TOP over Sam Smith and M&S any day tbh, TOP's last album is sollid

Ok, I'd have taken only The Prodigy (amen) and maybe Disclosure from that list, but hey TOP have lots of radio hit but nothing in terms of quality act. I really enjoy their Ride song but I'm sure they are not a proper headliner for the festivals we use to go.

Come on hope for bigger! Hope for The Rolling Stones for exemple... Foals and Tame Impala are good but small headliners.. TOP would be good for Saturday alongside Bon Iver, Smashing Pumpkins and Chemical Brothers. 

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Come on hope for bigger! Hope for The Rolling Stones for exemple... Foals and Tame Impala are good but small headliners.. TOP would be good for Saturday alongside Bon Iver, Smashing Pumpkins and Chemical Brothers. 

don't think foals and tame impala are small headliners at all, not right now. tame impala most likely would sub

3 minutes ago, Miloliquorice said:

Twenty One Pilots Playing tonight and tomorrow in Spain and Sunday in Portugal.  Only one sold out from what I can see.  Could they appear as an announcement early next week?:banghead:

Please God no

14 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

I've been thinking is it possible that the headliner was supposed to be Eminem. Apparently was due at werchter and pinkpop with him doing festivals June/July. With him cancelling his whole tour would explain why most have struggled to announce headliners this year 

Was thinking that as well when I read it about Pinkpop, but Eminem didn't seem a headliner to me for NOS and/or Mad Cool. No 'tradition' with hiphop acts as headliners, couldn't see it go down well. Although maybe Eminem is big enough (sort of cross-over) for it and could carry his day... Not sure what his status is in Portugal. Would explain a lot of course, with a headliner dropping out. 

16 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Xavier Rudd, Gavin James performed in Portugal this year and the following week were announced.

Xavier Rudd, Gavin James, Idles  performed in Portugal this year/end of last year, brought by the same promoter of Nos Alive (Everything is New).

Twenty One Pilots  are playing by another promoter (Sons em Trânsito, instead of Alive?s Everything is New)  So i don't believe  twenty One pilots will be on the card