NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

16 hours ago, joaommaia said:

They only did an announcement for the Clubbing Stage this week. I don't understand the strategy, if there is one lol.

Anyway, pretty sure Black Keys will headline... 

They announce tour dates next week... I'd be surprised if NOS Alive isn't included. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Homer said:

are ticket sales low then? Where is that info from?

doesn’t make much sense to me as, if the strategy isn’t  working, as they themselves know the ticket sales numbers, presumably they’d stop using that ‘strategy’

Don't have info but I can't talked into believing that there are tickets being currently bought without any new confirmations that would warrant such a decision from the consumer's perspective. Having said that, I have no clue why they're keeping all of the big names that are left to themselves. Hopefully they go on an announcement spree next week

Edited by young_contra

Guys we are all waiting for something new but 140€ for The Cure, Bon Iver, Chems, TSP, Vampire Weekend, IDLES...+ a good selection of electronic acts is a real bargain. 

Have a look to other European festivals. ..and there is at least another one big name to be announced. 

So ok, we want the last headliner, we want the complete lineup etc but at the moment it's fine to me. 

It's March and the lineup is already stellar. 

...and I had too much wine for lunch ;)

Edited by alan_ts
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Guys we are all waiting for something new but 140€ for The Cure, Bon Iver, Chems, TSP, Vampire Weekend, IDLES...+ a good selection of electronic acts is a real bargain. 

Have a look to other European festivals. ..and there is at least another one big name to be announced. 

So ok, we want the last headliner, we want the complete lineup etc but at the moment it's fine to me. 

What he said. People talking of the festival being cancelled! They've got four months to find one headliner and an event that has been running for over a decade. I reckon they'll manage it!

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

The last headliner seems to be The Black Keys; shared with Mad Cool. They are announcing their whole 2019 tour next week

6 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

The last headliner seems to be The Black Keys; shared with Mad Cool. They are announcing their whole 2019 tour next week

Oh dear - their live rep is not great! Always good to see a band I never have before though.

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Oh dear - their live rep is not great! Always good to see a band I never have before though.

It will be more relaxed at least, no need to be there two hours early to get a good spot as you would for your favourites, or god forbid, suffer through a james blake set before, say, radiohead come on ?

It's gonna be ace. 

26 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Is there another source for next week‘s announcement than the Festive Owl on twitter?

Are other stops in Europe included? Headline shows maybe?

34 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Is there another source for next week‘s announcement than the Festive Owl on twitter?

Are other stops in Europe included? Headline shows maybe?

They are nailed on imo (lots of clues and not much more around at this point) and no doubt about their headliner status (they were headliner almost everywhere in 2015 - their latest tour). 

Edited by alan_ts

2 hours ago, alan_ts said:

They are nailed on imo (lots of clues and not much more around at this point) and no doubt about their headliner status (they were headliner almost everywhere in 2015 - their latest tour). 

Hope you‘re right! Any rumored day for next week? Mad Cool hinted at smth over a week ago...

17 hours ago, clasher said:

It will be more relaxed at least, no need to be there two hours early to get a good spot as you would for your favourites, or god forbid, suffer through a james blake set before, say, radiohead come on ?

It's gonna be ace. 

omg i completely feel you man, i had to do this 3 times after 12 hours waiting

On 3/9/2019 at 2:19 PM, clasher said:

It's gonna be ace. 

The year I went, the cure and Radiohead were rammed, stone roses was like a ghost town!

20 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I'd rather have him on the main stage instead of these lame/repetitive spanish bands. His last album is also really groovy and soothing

I love him, he's one of my favorites but absolutely no a main stage act. 

Saw him in main at Bks at it was like a soundcheck right before Radiohead. 

On the contrary his performance in a tent was one of the most intimate and intense concert I've ever been. 

Just now, alan_ts said:

I love him, he's one of my favorites but absolutely no a main stage act. 

Saw him in main at Bks at it was like a soundcheck right before Radiohead. 

On the contrary his performance in a tent was one of the most intimate and intense concert I've ever been. 

Ah yes, I don't see him as a main stage act either, I'm just saying that even still I'd rather have someone as him than the likes of a generic band

• Upvote 1