NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I completely agree but The Black Keys at Glastonbury 2014 had neither, they seemed really bored and I think they even finished 10-15 minutes early. They'd be a fairly strong booking though when combined with Tame Impala or Florence. I've been expecting Foals to play before The Cure but I like the suggestion above of them closing a night.

True...

7 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I completely agree but The Black Keys at Glastonbury 2014 had neither, they seemed really bored and I think they even finished 10-15 minutes early. They'd be a fairly strong booking though when combined with Tame Impala or Florence. I've been expecting Foals to play before The Cure but I like the suggestion above of them closing a night.

I've not seen TBK so I can't really comment. I'd like to think, though, that coming back after a few years would give them some renewed energy, but who knows!

Tame Impala are a great example of bands not having to talk a lot, or Dave Grohl themselves around the stage shouting "FUUUUCK YEEAAH" to be great live acts.. They really just stand there and play their music, but the tunes are massive and it's been a huge party every time I've seen them. 

Edited by jparx

26 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd rather bands play tunes than spend the set speaking, to be honest. Give me a band with a load of bangers to rattle through rather than loads of "banter". It's a big summer party - let's dance!

Agree. Pixies comes to mind.. Not talking at all but playing their 30-odd songs in 90 minutes set. 

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

I saw The Black Keys at Latitude Festival about five years ago. I love them but they were absolutely tedious - you wouldn't believe their lack of interest.

Same thing at RW... The rain and the fact that the Belgian football squad just lost to Argentina also didn't help though...

9 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

So Benicassim posted full lineup and they say that Kings of Leon are "Spanish exclusive only" so they will be here in Portugal, they are more suitable for Super Bock festival but who knows...

It's not the full lineup, still mising one headliner and around 60 acts

7 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Same thing at RW... The rain and the fact that the Belgian football squad just lost to Argentina also didn't help though...

Saw them at Nos Alive 2014, love their music but the concert was a big dissapointment.

They remind of Foals, I mean Foals are more energetic than them but as a live band I don´t like them, so if eather of them come to play at Nos I won´t be a big thing for me, and at this point Nos Alive needs more famous bands to sell those tickets, I think that Tame Impala and Florence are not that big either to sell out an entire day.

11 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

saw them at frequency 2012, thought it was because it was their first show in europe in that stint. apparently they are just shite live

With the Beni announcement does anyone reckon Fatboy Slim could show up at all on the lineup or would that be too many dance acts this year as we’ve already got Chems?

I reckon he could do a similar set like the Chems are doing after the Saturday headliners but obviously another day

8 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

With the Beni announcement does anyone reckon Fatboy Slim could show up at all on the lineup or would that be too many dance acts this year as we’ve already got Chems?

I reckon he could do a similar set like the Chems are doing after the Saturday headliners but obviously another day

I see him more as a Super Bock Super Rock type of act

4 minutes ago, Tigane said:

As we've discussed before, maybe. Hopefully with Foals and Tame Impala on the same day

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

As we've discussed before, maybe. Hopefully with Foals and Tame Impala on the same day

Hope so too

edit: i got so excited when i saw this link on facebook, that i didnt noticed you already discussed it :P

Edited by Tigane
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I'd be perfectly happy with TBK and Tame Impala as I don't care that much about Foals, but to make all of us happy let's just agree we're getting those three and we have ourselves a merry little festival with objectively one of the best lineups this summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, clasher said:

I'd be perfectly happy with TBK and Tame Impala as I don't care that much about Foals, but to make all of us happy let's just agree we're getting those three and we have ourselves a merry little festival with objectively one of the best lineups this summer. 

I'd really love for us to have those three names. I agree with the comments regarding TBK's uninspired performances (although I like their latest albums), but the three together playing on the same day would be a very nice combination.

• Like 1