NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Liam Gallagher's show is really fun. His setlist is good and he acts like the biggest star ever and I find that really entertaining :lol: He plays Morning Glory, Supersonic, Some Might Say, RnR Star, and stuff like that. I actually find it more fun than Oasis gigs from 2001-09. Stuff like this can't be done by everyone 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Surely they could just announce these NOS clubbing acts in one go rather than the torture drip feeding them every day at 9 

There must be some reason behind it. It's not doing these acts any favour at all because everyone is just anticipating the major names.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

They haven't got anything better to announce?

Yep that's one option. I think they must be waiting for the go ahead to announce someone (waiting for an act to sell out their other shows first or something). 

22 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Surely they could just announce these NOS clubbing acts in one go rather than the torture drip feeding them every day at 9 

I don’t think they ever announced more than one act

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yep that's one option. I think they must be waiting for the go ahead to announce someone (waiting for an act to sell out their other shows first or something). 

Can't think that that'd be the reason behind every act and clearly there is more than one that they should be able to announce by now

7 minutes ago, pete76 said:

I don’t think they ever announced more than one act

They have done that before, two times

6 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Can't think that that'd be the reason behind every act and clearly there is more than one that they should be able to announce by now

Oh no I don't think that's the case. I think maybe one or two of the acts are being held back for contractual reasons but they want to announce the rest of the main stage lineup in one big announcement, so they're holding the whole thing off for now.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Oh no I don't think that's the case. I think maybe one or two of the acts are being held back for contractual reasons but they want to announce the rest of the main stage lineup in one big announcement, so they're holding the whole thing off for now.

Ah, sorry didn't get that. I'd love that but I don't think this festival even knows about the concept of announcing multiple names unless they're all for the clubbing stage

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

Ah, sorry didn't get that. I'd love that but I don't think this festival even knows about the concept of announcing multiple names unless they're all for the clubbing stage

At first I thought everyone was being a bit impatient, but now it just seems like a really odd PR strategy. I imagine these European festivals are largely fighting for the same audience, and the longer they hold off the rest of the main acts the more likely people are to go for RW or something. If they had something like Foo Fighters already announced then sure, wait a bit. But they don't have a massive act on the bill and they should be working to sell tickets.

It only makes sense if they have something huge up their sleeve, but I don't think they do.