NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

1 hour ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Citadel Festival in London just announced Catfish & the Bottlemen as headliners + Rag n Bone man.

That’s on the 14th July so plausible that either could be at NOS??? Clutching at straws??? Yeah... ?

Catfish are big in the UK but not as big in other European countries. Not headline-sized in Portugal at least, and small sub. Same for Rag'n'Bone Man (who played here last year).

right now, looking the possibilities and to the bands touring in 2019, and all the rumours, Iggy pop / Noel gallagher (confired at mad), catfish, tame impala (without counting rumours of green day, metallica, red hot etc) with some of the confirmation of the 4 previous commented, can be a nice festival. anyway, if this are the confirmations... why are they taking so long? I hope it is because there is a nice surprise.

We are 10 friends from Spain (Thats why my english) that we really wanna go to NOS instead to MAD COOL, and we dont know what to do, apart from checking in instagram eeeeeevery day, eeeeeeevery hour if they confirmed something.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ANDER95 said:

right now, looking the possibilities and to the bands touring in 2019, and all the rumours, Iggy pop / Noel gallagher (confired at mad), catfish, tame impala (without counting rumours of green day, metallica, red hot etc) with some of the confirmation of the 4 previous commented, can be a nice festival. anyway, if this are the confirmations... why are they taking so long? I hope it is because there is a nice surprise.

We are 10 friends from Spain (Thats why my english) that we really wanna go to NOS instead to MAD COOL, and we dont know what to do, apart from checking in instagram eeeeeevery day, eeeeeeevery hour if they confirmed something.

NOS Alive is super comfortable !

1 hour ago, 40 Days said:

Still keen to try it out this year but the line-up just isn't strong enough to commit currently, which big names (if any) are most likely to fill the rest of the bill?

Unfortunately I think it’s impossible to make a guess at this. Most likely you’d think it would be the likes of Flo + the Machine, Foals (any of the already announced headliners from Europe festivals).

It is possible there is a big surprise in acts which would be why the long wait but idk.. 

Either way from what I’ve heard NOS will be great regardless plus which Lisbon is always a good trip. I’m looking forward to it anyway ?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

I’m so tempted to go alone to this as all my friends are too skint. There really should be groups for people who need to find people to go to festivals with!

People are friendly on this festival so even if you're alone you won't feel like it if you approach everyone with a smile! On 2016 I threw up and had this girl handle me a plastic bag, we didn't talk much afterwards. A year later, she recognized me again and greeted me. Still no idea who she is and will probably never see her again but it just goes to show that there's friendliness here. Don't worry about going alone!

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

People are friendly on this festival so even if you're alone you won't feel like it if you approach everyone with a smile! On 2016 I threw up and had this girl handle me a plastic bag, we didn't talk much afterwards. A year later, she recognized me again and greeted me. Still no idea who she is and will probably never see her again but it just goes to show that there's friendliness here. Don't worry about going alone!

Thanks for this! I went back in 2015 and found the crowd amazing. It’s just a daunting thought to be standing there alone etc. I’m sure I’d meet people there but 

50 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

Thanks for this! I went back in 2015 and found the crowd amazing. It’s just a daunting thought to be standing there alone etc. I’m sure I’d meet people there but 

If you hear a sangria song, come say hello! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hannah990 said:

nahh don't be too self aware! just be chill and have a good time, that's what it's all about just as long as you don't get to be bothered by long queues. I mostly go to concerts alone, it's a great opportunity to zone out of the world for a bit