NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

14 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Flights booked from Wednesday to Wednesday at very good price (60€).

Any tips for the remaining days are welcome :)

Take a trip to the LX factory for a mooch and a drink, day at the beach (end of the train line, can't remember the name), day in the city centre of course, maybe spend a few hours in Belem

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Flights booked from Wednesday to Wednesday at very good price (60€).

Any tips for the remaining days are welcome :)

I've got the same schedule! I would recommend staying in Lisbob for Weds to Sun (easier to get back to) then heading to the beach to recover. Either Estoril/Cascais or Sintra.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

Take a trip to the LX factory for a mooch and a drink, day at the beach (end of the train line, can't remember the name), day in the city centre of course, maybe spend a few hours in Belem

Estoril, Monte Estoril then Cascais are the 3 stations at the end of the line. Get off at Estoril as it's a nice walk along the front to Cascais, plenty of opportunities for a beer overlooking the beach and lots of places to eat when you get to Cascais. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

https://img.europapress.es/fotoweb/fotonoticia_20190222173551_1920.jpg

Last year at least there were two names of this festival at NOS Alive. Is Iggy Pop going to NOS Alive? If it's the Black Eyed Peas I get disgusted!

I can only imagine Iggy and Bloc Party. None of the other names interest me tbh (not even those two but I know Iggy would care to those waiting for rock)

Well, I was thinking and we talked here about a 25 years celebration tour for Green Day's Dookie, but, furthermore, American Idiot will also turn 15 years old this year. So, a double celebration could be a possibility... I mean, Dookie and American Idiot are their most successed albums, so this options seems logic to me.

3 hours ago, joaommaia said:

Well, I was thinking and we talked here about a 25 years celebration tour for Green Day's Dookie, but, furthermore, American Idiot will also turn 15 years old this year. So, a double celebration could be a possibility... I mean, Dookie and American Idiot are their most successed albums, so this options seems logic to me.

They are very expensive, more than Foo Fighters for exemple. But kick ass act. I'd be super happy with them. Nevertheless, the fact that they played at Mad Cool recently makes them not very probable. (we don't know yet if Mad Cool accepts to book the same headliners than one or two years before, too young festival ) 

I was thinking, but might be way off the mark, could the delay in announcing a Friday headliner have anything to do with a band waiting to announce Glastonbury first as part of a summer festival run ?  Getting close to time Glasto announce. 

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

I was thinking, but might be way off the mark, could the delay in announcing a Friday headliner have anything to do with a band waiting to announce Glastonbury first as part of a summer festival run ?  Getting close to time Glasto announce. 

Possibly! Something that doesn't come from NOS Alive and MC keep the announcement for later. It can be the band itself or another reason like Glastonbury indeed

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

It’s looking like The Cure and The Killers (who are ruled out of this) will be the other Glastonbury headliners so if they are waiting on someone it isn’t a Glastonbury headliner. Could well be someone playing lower down though.

I was looking back the other day and they didn’t announce Disclosure or Sam Smith until March in 2015, so this wouldn’t be the first time they’ve announced a headliner late on. The strangest thing for me is not even announcing any of the undercard this month.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

It’s looking like The Cure and The Killers (who are ruled out of this) will be the other Glastonbury headliners so if they are waiting on someone it isn’t a Glastonbury headliner. Could well be someone playing lower down though.

I was looking back the other day and they didn’t announce Disclosure or Sam Smith until March in 2015, so this wouldn’t be the first time they’ve announced a headliner late on. The strangest thing for me is not even announcing any of the undercard this month.

I'd love to have all of the undercard revealed at once

The pair years always have the best lineups than odd years, I mean 2014/2016/2018 have better lineups than 2013,2015/2017, and 2018 had a lot of great albums but I think that 2016 and 2017 were a lot superior so it doesn´t surpise me that this year´s lineup is not that big as previous years.

I don´t know if they´re going to get a good investment and good money at the end for the 2020´s edition (next edition must be huge) but the bands they´ve booked until now are not that expensive, the Pearl Jam´s day last year is more expensive than the all lineup combined this year, so with this I don´t think that we´re getting someone bigger than Tame Impala, at max Florence and some cheap but good undercard.

I don't think we'll be sharing names with Glastonbury headliner wise. I also don't think we're getting anyone that is unexpected which also leads me to not know why this is taking so long. We've been in this loop for quite a while, where we try to figure who could they get to headline -> there's no one else out of the ordinary -> it's someone that's already out there touring -> why is it taking so long -> maybe someone special? -> and so on. My hopes are low and my excitement is pretty average but my curiosity is through the roof, it's just not as enthusiastic as it has been most of the times. I won't mind having someone expected as an headliner, it'll just feel kind of a relief to know that this wait is finally over. Whoever it is, I hope it doesn't take too much longer.

Smaller acts that are confirmed a long time ago don't deserve the hate that this festival's social network pages receive whenever they share songs. PR wise, I really think they could be leaving teases here and there or at least be more transparent. I'm really hoping they don't come back with a "one name per day" approach. 

Just announce Foals and Tame Impala. Please. Or just Foals.

6 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Citadel Festival in London just announced Catfish & the Bottlemen as headliners + Rag n Bone man.

That’s on the 14th July so plausible that either could be at NOS??? Clutching at straws??? Yeah... ?

Hopefully none of them 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1