NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

3 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Getting mentally ready for nothing to be announced. It is pretty much part of the daily routine now, this dose of disappointment

All you guys should check out the Open'er (one announcement in the last 2 months and 1/4 headliners announced) or BBK (last band announcement Dec 17th) thread and calm down a little ? 

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, gregory said:

All you guys should check out the Open'er (one announcement in the last 2 months and 1/4 headliners announced) or BBK (last band announcement Dec 17th) thread and calm down a little ? 

plus its only Feb, there has been later announcements in the past!

17 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I genuinely think the organisers have forgotten that they're putting on a festival.

I don't think so. A ton of great bands have already been announced. A ton more great bands will be announced. The festival will take place in July, the lineup will be done by then. You lot were just spoiled to get so many regular announcements before Christmas ? 

If you're all bored, go look at the INmusic thread where they slowly drop one act max a week, with no indication of where on the lineup they'll be, so you wait and wait for a headliner to be announced, only to find out Sumski are headlining. 

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, gregory said:

I don't think so. A ton of great bands have already been announced. A ton more great bands will be announced. The festival will take place in July, the lineup will be done by then. You lot were just spoiled to get so many regular announcements before Christmas ? 

If you're all bored, go look at the INmusic thread where they slowly drop one act max a week, with no indication of where on the lineup they'll be, so you wait and wait for a headliner to be announced, only to find out Sumski are headlining. 

Its jut bad PR though, they're risking losing ticket buyers to other festivals by not producing enough hype around the festival at a vital time of the year.

• Upvote 2

Correct me if im wrong, but previous editions of this festivals lineup have basically been complete by this point, let alone the headline acts. As many have already mentioned, if they have a big headliner up their sleeve it seems bizarre to not announce, when people are booking tickets to other fesitvals based on the lineup. 

However, if nothing is yet to be confirmed on the inside, then we should be worried, because there arent loads of great acts left to choose from! 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, gregory said:

Nos Alive tickets cost double INmusics so we are allowed double the boredom and moaning ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Its jut bad PR though, they're risking losing ticket buyers to other festivals by not producing enough hype around the festival at a vital time of the year.

True, I notice in my festival tribe some reactions like "too late, I've already bought my ticket for Bilbao/Dour" (and there are many other big European festivals at that moment like TRNSMT or DMF). We're used to book festivals before February... 

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

True, I notice in my festival tribe some reactions like "too late, I've already bought my ticket for Bilbao/Dour" (and there are many other big European festivals at that moment like TRNSMT or DMF). We're used to book festivals before February... 

Exactly, I booked my ticket off The Cure alone and based off previous trips to the festival, there's plenty on the lineup for me already but not everyone will buy tickets without seeing full lineup first.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Exactly, I booked my ticket off The Cure alone and based off previous trips to the festival, there's plenty on the lineup for me already but not everyone will buy tickets without seeing full lineup first.

Yep, booked tickets based on Bon Iver when I should've just waited and caught them in London. Now regretting it but I love Lisbon so it's not catastrophic.

I have a one day ticket yet to redeem and the wait has been absurd considering what we are used to. I get that we are moaning a lot about this but you just can't convince me that it is reasonable for this festival to not announce other main stage acts for the second day, for example. Bad PR and poor predictability of how things roll out usually just makes people impatient and with a gradual loss of care about what's being offered and/or yet is still to be offered. This, as people have said here, leads to other festivals being more attractive. I just dont get how this is sustainable and I hope it is a one time thing. Just announce the likes of Foals and Tame Impala... Anything... The second name only has three relevant names and we're at the end of February already

• Upvote 1

pretty sure 2015 they announced a lot of bands late feb/march ....Beni and Bilbao and a lot of other festivals do not have everyone announced, and I don't see people saying that those festivals are falling apart and treating customers badly!

I am sure news will come soon and you all will have a great time!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pryce said:

pretty sure 2015 they announced a lot of bands late feb/march ....Beni and Bilbao and a lot of other festivals do not have everyone announced, and I don't see people saying that those festivals are falling apart and treating customers badly!

I am sure news will come soon and you all will have a great time!

Yep right check the news section of their website and they actually announced lots of act in March/April in the past editions. 

But I get also the think of others of you...WE WANT MORE :D

Edited by alan_ts

1 hour ago, Sam_2316 said:

Correct me if im wrong, but previous editions of this festivals lineup have basically been complete by this point, let alone the headline acts. As many have already mentioned, if they have a big headliner up their sleeve it seems bizarre to not announce, when people are booking tickets to other fesitvals based on the lineup. 

However, if nothing is yet to be confirmed on the inside, then we should be worried, because there arent loads of great acts left to choose from! 

Why don't you just ask your mate with all the inside info?!

20 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Do you guys have hope though? We have already seen the full lineup of Lollapalooza Paris, Berlin and Stockholm and none of them announced an artist that has not been announced before. It’s not like there are 10 big artists that have contract obligations or waiting for March-April to announce their whole tour

Yeah, but you still got headliners missing at Opener / Roskilde a week before. Nothing to worry about