NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

12 minutes ago, Sam_2316 said:

Yeah this seems to be getting ridiculous now haha either something big up their sleeves or a massive disappointment. Still, nice place, nice festival im sure we'll still enjoy ourselves despite the lineup being mediocre compared to previous editions.  

Lineup is missing tons of acts, can't be mediocre at the end. 

7 minutes ago, Super Johnny Fos said:

So, this is really quite sad and apologies if it is obvious but I had some time on my hands and the Nos Alive website is a bit rubbish. Compared to last year we still have around 6 acts to be added to Nos and 6 to Sagres. There should be some big names in there, all being well!

image.png.2b94c87af84e3d4362be4dc1ac3e76c0.png

image.png

image.png

It is odd, however, how they are taking so long to reveal those names, even putting aside 12th's headliner

24 minutes ago, clasher said:

Source?

It's a shame.

We are gonna end up with Coldplay, aren't we? To round up this okayish but lacking anything spectacular lineup in style. 

But are we really? At this point, how many festivals are there left that do not have their last headliners? I don't think we are getting any name that is yet to be revealed outside of NOS Alive and Mad Cool, besides, I'd bet that Coldplay would rather do a stadium tour 

edit: I really do love saying "at this point" without realizing it

Edited by young_contra

1) I honestly have absolutely no clue whatsoever.

2) That being said, I can't see why the third headliner wasn't already announced if it was one of the acts headlining other festivals. So either it is some really bad PR (not good for us) and we're getting e.g. Florence, some last minute cancellation trouble (even worse) or something big with an embargo of sorts. Coldplay would fit the bill, RHCP would too, and so would another dozen bands, I'm sure (Coldplay was just the first thing I thought of due to some rumors of them touring in 2019).

3) Furthermore it would be reasonable to expect another relatively big name on day one and at least another one on day two, as it would otherwise leave the third day too strong (in comparison to the first two).

4) As for why they haven't been announcing the other acts in the past week or two and why it's been two months since the last Mad Cool announcement, see number one.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I'd love a surprising tour announcement by The War On Drugs. How big are they in Portugal? 

Not big enough to ever headline NOS Alive or even be the last act before the headliners, I'd say. They have headlined Paredes de Coura (but so did Beach House so it doesn't tell you much, although Beach House are quite popular here)

1 hour ago, clasher said:

1) I honestly have absolutely no clue whatsoever.

2) That being said, I can't see why the third headliner wasn't already announced if it was one of the acts headlining other festivals. So either it is some really bad PR (not good for us) and we're getting e.g. Florence, some last minute cancellation trouble (even worse) or something big with an embargo of sorts. Coldplay would fit the bill, RHCP would too, and so would another dozen bands, I'm sure (Coldplay was just the first thing I thought of due to some rumors of them touring in 2019).

3) Furthermore it would be reasonable to expect another relatively big name on day one and at least another one on day two, as it would otherwise leave the third day too strong (in comparison to the first two).

4) As for why they haven't been announcing the other acts in the past week or two and why it's been two months since the last Mad Cool announcement, see number one.

I can't seem to think that NOS Alive would be this bad with their PR so something must be up. Names are missing indeed, big or not.