NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

1 hour ago, joaommaia said:

É a primeira vez, em anos, que não estou preocupado em comprar os ingressos. Eu comprei para SBSR, Paredes de Coura e NOS Primavera Sound. Normalmente, o NOS Alive é o primeiro, mas se os Strokes não jogarem SBSR, prefiro ir a Bilbao.

I until moment: NOS Alive, Vilar de Mouros and now Meo Mares Vivas.
I still have concerts on the outside.

15 hours ago, joaommaia said:

It's the first time, in years, that I'm not worried about buying the tickets. I bought for SBSR, Paredes de Coura and NOS Primavera Sound. Usually, NOS Alive is the first, but if The Strokes don't play SBSR, I'd rather go to Bilbao instead.

Enjoy!

23 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

Literally outweighing financially, yeah. But saving £50 or so on flights which I can spend on another night of Airbnb and make my holiday a week (I'd always have done at least 5 days), is preferable to me. Save on the flights = spend on the holiday if you get me.

I got ya

2 hours ago, clasher said:

Oh c'mooooooon this is getting beyond ridiculous! 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Looks like a guerrilla rebranding strategy – from NOS Alive to NOS Dead. [Could add a Standup Stage, while they're at it, for paragons of wit like me, natch]

Edited by ShutUpDonny

1 hour ago, ShutUpDonny said:

Looks like a guerrilla rebranding strategy – from NOS Alive to NOS Dead. [Could add a Standup Stage, while they're at it, for paragons of wit like me, natch]

There is a standup stage - Simon Day from the Fast Show was on there last year weirdly!

14 hours ago, clasher said:

NosAlive.thumb.jpg.0b3a4b06310db8cca9700c224646a72f.jpg

This would do it for me. (Yes I'm bored).

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that. Of the 1000 or so gigs I've been to Daft Punk in 2007 stands head and shoulders at the top. I don't think it's possible it will ever be beaten.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Tigane said:

https://en.festileaks.com/2019/02/doctor-music-festival-2019-could-be-cancelled/?fbclid=IwAR2OxgZk7NfG6tfQO32Ba_SbK0laPB5RIhW7hnEdZP4qZT4h-DfW7ZjKuXw

I don't believe it will be cancelled,  but if it happens it would make bands like The Strokes  available to come to Nos Alive instead

I thought the same .
They have to submit an alternative in 10 days

10 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I thought the same .
They have to submit an alternative in 10 days

In my opinion even if the whole relocation thing goes their way I think the reputation of this fest is in the ground.

No one is going to start buying tickets with all the bad press it's had recently plus the fact it's far from major cities/transport.

Perhaps this is also why we've seen delays in announcing from mad cool/nos. Maybe they're hanging back to see can they get some good band on the cheap like musical vultures ;)

Only 9 days to find out. But I think Mad cool announces this week. Valentine's present to me.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

6 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

In my opinion even if the whole relocation thing goes their way I think the reputation of this fest is in the ground.

No one is going to start buying tickets with all the bad press it's had recently plus the fact it's far from major cities/transport.

Perhaps this is also why we've seen delays in announcing from mad cool/nos. Maybe they're hanging back to see can they get some good band on the cheap like musical vultures ;)

Only 9 days to find out. But I think Mad cool announces this week. Valentine's present to me.

My thoughts precisely, maybe both festivals might be waiting

3 hours ago, Tigane said:

https://en.festileaks.com/2019/02/doctor-music-festival-2019-could-be-cancelled/?fbclid=IwAR2OxgZk7NfG6tfQO32Ba_SbK0laPB5RIhW7hnEdZP4qZT4h-DfW7ZjKuXw

I don't believe it will be cancelled,  but if it happens it would make bands like The Strokes  available to come to Nos Alive instead

They supposedly play sunday and The Voidz play saturday, so thursday and friday the two bands will be at Bilbao BBK and the only headliner left is friday's.

Edited by joaommaia

3 hours ago, joaommaia said:

They supposedly play sunday and The Voidz play saturday, so thursday and friday the two bands will be at Bilbao BBK and the only headliner left is friday's.

Didn't know the days they were playing in Spain, so in that case we won't have The Strokes at Nos Alive  (and how the things are going we won' t have them anywhere in Portugal, this year )

Just now, Tigane said:

Didn't know the days they were playing in Spain, so in that case we won't have The Strokes at Nos Alive  (and how the things are going we won' t have them anywhere in Portugal, this year )

Still have hope on SBSR, but probably they will get Kings of Leon ?‍♂️