NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

11 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

My return from Stansted was around £70 but I don't know how accessible that is for you. I found Tuesday-Tuesday is the cheapest, make a week out of it 

I am south London ta mate so just paid the extra and went from Gatwick (Stans is about £95). Was £145 each when I upped it to two people for some reason, so just bit the bullet and booked, plus bought my ticket. Also means I can avoid Ryanair!

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Lucky you. We booked ages ago and were around 250 from north Scotland via Amsterdam 

Sad times - I remember when a return to pretty much any European city seemed to be £50 max as standard!

Now, as long as the pound doesn't crash for any reason between now and July...

Edited by Homer

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

I am south London ta mate so just paid the extra and went from Gatwick (Stans is about £95). Was £145 each when I upped it to two people for some reason, so just bit the bullet and booked, plus bought my ticket. Also means I can avoid Ryanair!

Avoiding Ryanair, those are the things I like to hear! :P

Think I paid about 120 last year, booking in early November 2017. Still think flying is rather cheap.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Homer said:

Sad times - I remember when a return to pretty much any European city seemed to be £50 max as standard!

Now, as long as the pound doesn't crash for any reason between now and July...

That’s a major worry. Could be a right mess if that brexit shite goes ahead. Think I’ll get some euros stashed before end of March just in case

35 minutes ago, Red Day said:

That’s a major worry. Could be a right mess if that brexit shite goes ahead. Think I’ll get some euros stashed before end of March just in case

I'm going to Poland for easter - no idea what's going to happen! Am just trying to kind myself that as they're not in the euro it'll all be fine...

3 hours ago, Red Day said:

I hope that Eddie Vedder info is correct. Personally I’d be delighted to see him at NOS. For me Pearl Jam were fantastic last year

Last update from dimi in the PJ board is that London show is the end of the tour. So sadly, no Nos/Mad Cool shows (https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/279077/eddie-vedder-eu-tour-2019/p16

9 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

That London is the last show of the tour has been said here over a week ago.

Right, but without dimi confirming it. People here (myself included) still had hopes for Nos/MC or MC separate event. And regarding what you wrote in the RW thread, dimi confirmed he's not playing RW too. 

Edited by e2p2

5 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

My return from Stansted was around £70 but I don't know how accessible that is for you. I found Tuesday-Tuesday is the cheapest, make a week out of it 

Surely the money you spend on additional accomodation, food, drink etc staying longer outweighs the cost of flights on more expensive days..?

15 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Surely the money you spend on additional accomodation, food, drink etc staying longer outweighs the cost of flights on more expensive days..?

Literally outweighing financially, yeah. But saving £50 or so on flights which I can spend on another night of Airbnb and make my holiday a week (I'd always have done at least 5 days), is preferable to me. Save on the flights = spend on the holiday if you get me.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Super Bock Super Rock might announce a big name later on today, hopefully NOS Alive can pump a bit their marketing with an announcement tomorrow... (See, I'm trying to find hope in any slightest chance of something happening)

At least we will know who isn't playing nos!