NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

10 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Do we know if any of those announced for the Friday and Saturday are the headliners? Cure obviously are but are Smashing Pumpkins classed as such. I’m doubting they are but who knows 

As far as I know only The Cure have been advertised as headliners. 

However - as InMusic people will undoubtedly lecture you - "everyone is a headliner for someone" ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, clasher said:

As far as I know only The Cure have been advertised as headliners. 

However - as InMusic people will undoubtedly lecture you - "everyone is a headliner for someone" ?

As much as I would love for this to be true it seems like a stupid business tactic to sell tickets vs your competition by not announcing any headliners

Bon Iver is headlining festivals like All Points East, Best Kept Secret, Northside. Of course these are a bit smaller than NOS, but I think it shows it's a bit similar to The National in 2018. Given that 2019 is a weaker year in general, Bon Iver is likely upgraded from a strong sub to a co-head. He's also high up at Mad Cool, but missing a co-head, the head of NOS Saturday we reckon.

Edited by StupidDream
  • Like 1

TSP and Bon Iver are most likely co-heads with the Chems a closing act I suppose. Add to that a very good Sagres with Thom Yorke and Idles and I'd say this year's strategy is a well balanced line-up with solid-but-not-spectacular heads.

Mind you, there's still space on the main stage which could potentially go to a decently sized name like Iggy or Noel, for example (or to La MODA if we're pessimists). 

If the last day is anything to go by, we'll be alright. I'm still counting on them not missing out on The Strokes without someone who's not Florence ready.

16 minutes ago, clasher said:

TSP and Bon Iver are most likely co-heads with the Chems a closing act I suppose. Add to that a very good Sagres with Thom Yorke and Idles and I'd say this year's strategy is a well balanced line-up with solid-but-not-spectacular heads.

Mind you, there's still space on the main stage which could potentially go to a decently sized name like Iggy or Noel, for example (or to La MODA if we're pessimists). 

If the last day is anything to go by, we'll be alright. I'm still counting on them not missing out on The Strokes without someone who's not Florence ready.

I'm just asking for Tame Impala and Foals on the same day at this point, that'd make up for not having that big of an headliner

Edited by young_contra