NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

6 hours ago, joaommaia said:

I can't see Eddie Vedder playing this... I mean, he just does 2/3h shows and I don't think he fits as a headliner ?

Agree he's definitely not a headliner but he can't be only doing 2/3 hour shows as he's supporting the Who at Wembley (maybe elsewhere too, haven't seen). Not saying he'll play, just that set length won't rule him out.

i dont know whats going on with Nos Alive this year. its always similar to Mad Cool, and apart from using a little motivational confirmations methods and artist, the great difference is that Mad has Iggy pop and Noel Gallagher and Nos Alive not. I hope good headliner are coming soon, if not, it is a really poor line up comparing with other years and other festivals.

6 minutes ago, ANDER95 said:

i dont know whats going on with Nos Alive this year. its always similar to Mad Cool, and apart from using a little motivational confirmations methods and artist, the great difference is that Mad has Iggy pop and Noel Gallagher and Nos Alive not. I hope good headliner are coming soon, if not, it is a really poor line up comparing with other years and other festivals.

I don't like how dramatic I sound by saying this but it does seem like something is up. I can understand taking so long to announce a headliner but I don't get the delay in announcing other main stage names of considerate relevance

3 hours ago, ANDER95 said:

Comparing to which festivals? The lineup is only 60/70% ready, and for 150 euros you can´t find a better lineup except Primavera Sound and some american/european festivals that cost 200 euros just for a day ticket.

I mean last year´s lineup was far better but last year we had a lot more bands touring than this year, I prefer this lineup over 2017 Nos Alive´s lineup or 2015´s lineups, and equally like it with 2016´s lineup, and there are missing like 7 main stage bands and 1 headliner. 

17 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Comparing to which festivals? The lineup is only 60/70% ready, and for 150 euros you can´t find a better lineup except Primavera Sound and some american/european festivals that cost 200 euros just for a day ticket.

I mean last year´s lineup was far better but last year we had a lot more bands touring than this year, I prefer this lineup over 2017 Nos Alive´s lineup or 2015´s lineups, and equally like it with 2016´s lineup, and there are missing like 7 main stage bands and 1 headliner. 

You can argue that there aren't as many headliners touring but that's pretty much about it, we've plenty of bands to occupy the main stage (I'm talking mainly about the second day). Here in Portugal, other festivals are ahead of the curve IMO, especially Paredes de Coura. I just want NOS Alive to bring better names to the main stage, the first day is average apart from The Cure and having two spanish bands play throughout the three days is just absurd. 

2016 lineup was amazing. There was pretty much no name that you wouldn't at least mind seeing.

Edited by young_contra

Maybe not nos specifically but think Crystal Fighters will take a main stage spot at a fair few European fests this summer- they've got an April tour to sell out so no announcements yet makes sense and I tweeted asking if they were playing fests and they liked the tweet- probably be at beni etc 

12 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Maybe not nos specifically but think Crystal Fighters will take a main stage spot at a fair few European fests this summer- they've got an April tour to sell out so no announcements yet makes sense and I tweeted asking if they were playing fests and they liked the tweet- probably be at beni etc 

they strike me more as a sagres stage band

If they're stopping the daily announcements for a bit I reckon that's a good sign in terms of getting a big headline announcement. Can't see them announcing a random DJ one day, then the next day dropping a headliner and the rest of the main stage acts. I imagine they will go quiet for a bit then drop a big announcement after maybe a week or so.

4 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Just keep living in the hope headliners are something decent that's yet to announce their summer gigs.  I'm going to be mightily disappointed if it turns out to be the likes of FATM.   

Dude you're almost certainly going to disappointed. The only act that could potentially come out the blue is Coldplay ?

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 1