NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Just now, Tigane said:

I am  sure Blitz  went here (because in the article they talk about a forum that talks about european festivals)  and saw the rumours,  and made a article about it, and they know exactly the same thing as we know

Yeah I know, but I didn´t see any big news about Eddie Vedder on Mad Cool´s forum so I don´t know why the´re saying such a big thing based on some small rumour like that. Being that said I still won´t be surprised if Eddie eventually comes here, he´s very big in Portugal so who knows.

7 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

He fits the third day along with Smashing Pumpkins, Bon Iver and Chemical Brothers! That would be an epic end like last year! 

Yeah but it leaves the second day for nothing, unless they put Florence and Tame Impala on the second day it will suck and a lot of people won´t buy festival pass just for that.

But hey, at the end if they manage to bring good stuff for the second day and Eddie Vedder on the third day it would be a massive lineup, jus´t don´t know why are they taking so long to announce that, some soft of embargo or something maybe has to do with that.

Just now, festivalguy97 said:

Yeah but it leaves the second day for nothing, unless they put Florence and Tame Impala on the second day it will suck and a lot of people won´t buy festival pass just for that.

But hey, at the end if they manage to bring good stuff for the second day and Eddie Vedder on the third day it would be a massive lineup, jus´t don´t know why are they taking so long to announce that, some soft of embargo or something maybe has to do with that.

Even when it comes to the subcard... Why are they taking SO LONG to announce something? They have nowhere near the amount of artists in the mainstage revealed in comparison to their competition (and those who are announced aren't enough as of yet). They pretty much wrapped up the third day too quickly, leaving us with nothing new to be announced for too long

However Eddie Vedder only known  date  is close do Nos Alive, so that is the most plausible place .  I would be underwhelmed with him as headliner also, however he will probably give a 2-3 hour show and will request to have no one playing  in other stages at that time, like last year with Pearl Jam, and when he headlined  SBSR.  Let s see what will happen

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Even when it comes to the subcard... Why are they taking SO LONG to announce something? They have nowhere near the amount of artists in the mainstage revealed in comparison to their competition (and those who are announced aren't enough as of yet). They pretty much wrapped up the third day too quickly, leaving us with nothing new to be announced for too long

Unfortunately  the first day it has already 4 bands in the main stage and the last day it has 5, so they are almost full (or already full)

Just now, Tigane said:

However Eddie Vedder only known  date  is close do Nos Alive, so that is the most plausible place .  I would be underwhelmed with him as headliner also, however he will probably give a 2-3 hour show and will request to have no one playing  in other stages at that time, like last year with Pearl Jam, and when he headlined  SBSR.  Let s see what will happen

I'd be fine with the opportunity of seeing him, even if I wouldn't take it, but Pearl Jam headlined last year... It's just so average of a move. If that were the case I'd prefer that they made someone that doesn't normally headline on that spot 

1 minute ago, clasher said:

Eddie wouldn't be the sole headliner even if Pearl Jam hadn't played last year...

No one says there will be exactly 5 acts on main stage each day though (we've seen both 4 and 6 in past years), I hope to see six at least on day one...

The Cure usually play long sets so that might be worth taking in consideration. The main stage on the first day looks awful to me, only The Cure interest me and I'd be fine with ONE (max!) portuguese act, not two

Edited by young_contra

2 hours ago, young_contra said:

I know I sound like I complain too much about this lineup but it's just been sounding too random and/or unpredictable with a mixture of bad scheduling regarding announcements. I'll still enjoy my time there but my god, this hype season has been too much of a chore

Have you ever thought that maybe there are no bands to play at all? I mean there could be some embargo regarding Tame Impala and Florence and maybe they can only by confirmed later but I can´t find any big and suitable bands to play at Nos Alive- Paredes de Coura stole a lot of good bands that could be at Nos Alive , SBSR stole Lana Del Rey, Interpol end up at Nps, The Strokes with their schedule can´t play there also, then you have Eddie Vedder and nobody else.

Unless they start inviting hip hop artists and pop artists because there is a bunch of them touring Europe right now but we all know that Nos Alive is not a festival for that type of music. 

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Don't be so pessimistic, it's too early to say that, many great artists are touring, they can have easily 5 artists on main stage, something like Tash - VW - The Raconteurs - Tame Impala - Florence is still possible and would be good, and maybe they take time because some bands are going to announce first shows soon, and maybe headliners (The War On Drugs?). Many things can still happen. Everyday has a space on main stage at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Have you ever thought that maybe there are no bands to play at all? I mean there could be some embargo regarding Tame Impala and Florence and maybe they can only by confirmed later but I can´t find any big and suitable bands to play at Nos Alive- Paredes de Coura stole a lot of good bands that could be at Nos Alive , SBSR stole Lana Del Rey, Interpol end up at Nps, The Strokes with their schedule can´t play there also, then you have Eddie Vedder and nobody else.

Unless they start inviting hip hop artists and pop artists because there is a bunch of them touring Europe right now but we all know that Nos Alive is not a festival for that type of music. 

There are so many suitable bands touring... The Prodigy, Foals, Tame Impala, Florence + The Machine, The Raconteurs, Prophets of Rage, Twenty-One Pilots, The Who, Royal Blood or smaller epic bands like Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Rival Sons, Gang of Youths just to give a few... And many that let us waiting for something with space on the calendar etc (Rolling Stones, The War On Drugs, Coldplay, Kasabian and many others. We still don't know what happened with Eminem too)

Wait for the next big things ;)

Also, let's not forget that The Cure is a legendary act despite they're touring a lot next summer, and feel lucky to have them! 

• Upvote 4

@Tremousse

Agree with most.

Tash is on Sagres though (Izal in her place) and I can't see any single reason for not announcing Florence if she was to play.

If we also assume we'll get a couple of mid-to-big sized names from Mad Cool in the coming months like last year, we could end up with something like Izal -> VW -> Iggy -> Tame Impala -> The Who, with - as you pointed out - plenty of acts to fill the other spots. That would put this lineup up there with the best, at least for me personally.

The point is, absolutely no need to panic just yet.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

There are so many suitable bands touring... The Prodigy, Foals, Tame Impala, Florence + The Machine, The Raconteurs, Prophets of Rage, Twenty-One Pilots, The Who, Royal Blood or smaller epic bands like Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Rival Sons, Gang of Youths just to give a few... And many that let us waiting for something with space on the calendar etc (Rolling Stones, The War On Drugs, Coldplay, Kasabian and many others. We still don't know what happened with Eminem too)

Wait for the next big things ;)

Also, let's not forget that The Cure is a legendary act despite they're touring a lot next summer, and feel lucky to have them! 

A lot of these bands that you mentioned already played at Nos Alive or are not touring or are playing this year in Portugal (Twenty One Pilots) or are not possbile (can´t see Rolling Stones at Nos Alive), and I never said that the lineup is bad, I actually was defending the lineup.

Of course if you compare all those bands that you mentioned with the legendary Pearl Jam, Arctic Monkeys, Nine Inch Nails and QOTSA that played at Nos last year then you´d prefer last year´s lineup but Arctic Monkeys, Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA, The National and a lot of other big bands had new albuns or launched albuns prior to the fest so they were touring, this year there are a lot of bands that lunched an album but not as big and as selling as those are, so Nos Alive don´t really has an option with all of this, they´re trying to bring those that they can and don´t forget that there are a lot of festivals here in Portugal, this country is very small but has lot of legendary festivals so there´s a big competition.

Not so big as RiR is in June, NOS and SBSR (not huge headliners) in July and Coura (indie headliners) later! 

And there are new album confirmations every week. Today AC/DC confirmed they're working on a new album for exemple. Life is great 

3 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Nos Alive´s biggest mistake was not securing The Strokes, I don´t know how that happened and if they tried to bring them but if they had confirmed them for the second day I think that a lot of people would change their minds about this lineup even if it stayed like this.

That is literally all NOS is missing for me personally. A big name for the Saturday that hardly tour/have that legendary status.