NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Hopefully getting ready for a big one later this week? I think someone mentioned Thursday for the Mad Cool announcement, so could well be similar timescale for NOS. I expect some headline level news before the end of the week.

Finger crossed, but I would settle for an announcement a la Ry X today... 

5 minutes ago, Yokai said:

I wouldn't expect some big announcements this week, based on the promotional image leaked some days ago. All the names leaked were already unveiled.

Let's just hope I'm wrong. 

Im not sure about that, i was only yesterday that all the names on the leak were confirmed. It was either their planned schedule or they just confirmed them as damage control, which I doubt. I just find it unreasonable for them to take much longer to tell us who is headlining

Hmm Loyle Carner's not bad but waiting for something crazier, an act which raises crowds. Many acts are a bit quiet on the lineup... (whereas last year we had PJ, QOTSA, Jack White, Franz Ferdinand, Wolf Alice, Kaleo... The opposite) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Hopefully getting ready for a big one later this week? I think someone mentioned Thursday for the Mad Cool announcement, so could well be similar timescale for NOS. I expect some headline level news before the end of the week.

Where you hearing Thursday from please?Someone on here?

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Hmm Loyle Carner's not bad but waiting for something crazier, an act which raises crowds. Many acts are a bit quiet on the lineup... (whereas last year we had PJ, QOTSA, Jack White, Franz Ferdinand, Wolf Alice, Kaleo... The opposite) 

Last year was an exceptional year for Nos Alive and other european festivals, they won´t repeat it in the next 5 years probably. I would compare this lineup to more realistic 2017´s lineup, 2017´s lineup had big names like Foo Fighters and Depeche Mode but sub names and smaller names were shitty, this lineup is balanced, still want to know if they´re going to bring any friday headliner, at the moment I´m waiting for Tame Impala/Florence and another unexpected name. 

Does anybody have any information on whether there is a possibility for any of the following: 

Tame Impala

The War on Drugs 

Bonobo (at mad cool) 

The National (mad cool) 

Any ideas for potential headliners for the friday? Last came to Nos in 2016, would sure take a lot to compare to that lineup!

2 minutes ago, Sam_2316 said:

Does anybody have any information on whether there is a possibility for any of the following: 

Tame Impala

The War on Drugs 

Bonobo (at mad cool) 

The National (mad cool) 

Any ideas for potential headliners for the friday? Last came to Nos in 2016, would sure take a lot to compare to that lineup!

The National played last year. They're not playing here again. We're counting on Tame Impala

Guten Tag from Berlin, Germany! ? Super interested in visiting Nos Alive someday, maybe even this year...

What do you think of Chance or/and Janelle for the headlining-spot on saturay? They would fit Tash and H.E.R..... 

https://en.festileaks.com/2019/01/chance-the-rapper-janelle-monae-and-more-for-north-sea-jazz-2019/?fbclid=IwAR2QyxU3PfYmrkEkcMOTZSNCKeMwmvVwib-Qc5C-xxAdnUXjm9P-3DGNH44

23 minutes ago, djaycobs said:

Guten Tag from Berlin, Germany! ? Super interested in visiting Nos Alive someday, maybe even this year...

What do you think of Chance or/and Janelle for the headlining-spot on saturay? They would fit Tash and H.E.R..... 

https://en.festileaks.com/2019/01/chance-the-rapper-janelle-monae-and-more-for-north-sea-jazz-2019/?fbclid=IwAR2QyxU3PfYmrkEkcMOTZSNCKeMwmvVwib-Qc5C-xxAdnUXjm9P-3DGNH44

They're not that relevant to even have a chance (pun intended) of headlining this festival

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, djaycobs said:

I think as co headliner Janelle would fit perfectly and I think there´s a chance that she could play there, but not as headliner, Chance the Rapper is also not headliner material because Nos Alive is not that diverse to put hip hop on main stage or even as co headliner. I think Super Bock Super Rock (another big festival here in Portugal) can bring one of them as headliner so you better check their page. 

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

A portuguese site called Blitz said that there is a possibility of Eddie Vedder coming to play a festival date here in Portugal and that there´s a rumour that he´ll play at Mad Cool and could end up playing at Nos Alive. Anyone heard something about it?

It is the same «Agente Infiltrado»  that said that  New Order were going to Nos Primavera Sound,  and the they were being  robbed by Nos Alive  .  I wouldn't take them seriously .  In their «Agente Infiltrado» stuff  they only got it right like 2% of the times 

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

It is the same «Agente Infiltrado»  that said that  New Order were going to Nos Primavera Sound,  and the they were being  robbed by Nos Alive  .  I wouldn't take them seriously .  In their «Agente Infiltrado» stuff  they only got it right like 2% of the times 

That´s why I´m asking about it, they also said that Coldplay would announce a big show in Portugal and there´s no news about it. Sometimes they get the news right like with Nick Cave and they just failed the location of New Order so that´s why I´m skeptical about it but won´t admit it as total fake news.

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

That´s why I´m asking about it, they also said that Coldplay would announce a big show in Portugal and there´s no news about it. Sometimes they get the news right like with Nick Cave and they just failed the location of New Order so that´s why I´m skeptical about it but won´t admit it as total fake news.

I am  sure Blitz  went here (because in the article they talk about a forum that talks about european festivals)  and saw the rumours,  and made a article about it, and they know exactly the same thing as we know

Also, it looks like their information comes from here and the Pearl Jam forum so they know as much as we do.

I'll take it with a grain of salt. Even though the PJ forum insider is someone to be trusted I don't believe he mentioned any countries but I could've missed it.

I'd love it if that was true though, as the last Eddie Vedder show in Portugal was incredible.