NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

9 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Can´t see Super Bock bringing Kings Of Leon and The Strokes, only one of them, if Strokes really end up being at Super Bock it easily leaves Nos Alive with Kings of Leon.

I believe in The Strokes/Kings of Leon and one of the unannounced Lollapalooza Paris headliners for SBSR.

KoL and Florence are the same in the matter of selling tickets. I don't believe they end up here. 

3 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

I believe in The Strokes/Kings of Leon and one of the unannounced Lollapalooza Paris headliners for SBSR.

KoL and Florence are the same in the matter of selling tickets. I don't believe they end up here. 

I don´t think that Super Bock has so much money to bring two of them, unless there´s no hip hop headliner like last few years, so that would make sense.

Still think that Kings of Leon are a good possibility for Nos Alive, last time they played was in 2013, a long time ago, altough I would much prefer Florence over Kings of Leon. 

Just now, festivalguy97 said:

I don´t think that Super Bock has so much money to bring two of them, unless there´s no hip hop headliner like last few years, so that would make sense.

Still think that Kings of Leon are a good possibility for Nos Alive, last time they played was in 2013, a long time ago, altough I would much prefer Florence over Kings of Leon. 

Arcade Fire, The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys headlined in 2011... QOTSA, Arctic Monkeys and The Killers headlined in 2013... It's more a question of what they want to bring to the festival. Don't see any interesting hip hop names to headline there this year. Arctic Monkeys will be there, if they come to Europe this year. 100% sure.

And that leaves NOS Alive with Kings of Leon, a band that I like, but I saw them 6 years ago and I believe that they aren't the big name this festival needs.

1 minute ago, joaommaia said:

Arcade Fire, The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys headlined in 2011... QOTSA, Arctic Monkeys and The Killers headlined in 2013... It's more a question of what they want to bring to the festival. Don't see any interesting hip hop names to headline there this year. Arctic Monkeys will be there, if they come to Europe this year. 100% sure.

And that leaves NOS Alive with Kings of Leon, a band that I like, but I saw them 6 years ago and I believe that they aren't the big name this festival needs.

At the end of the day I hope that Kings Of Leon won´t even come here because I saw them once and they were pretty meh for me.

It´s just stange that Benicassim presented them as "Exclusive spanish show" and not as "Iberian exclusive", that only means that they´re be here, I guess in few weeks we´ll se where.

3 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Please no KoL as an headliner here... Foals put on such a better show and they would never have such status here (I know that i'm just stating my opinion though)

Oh, but you're right. KoL are pretty bad live. It's like listening to the songs at home.

Edited by joaommaia
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jplewes said:

Can only echo please not KoL. Lost interest ages ago, and not enjoyed them when I've seen them at festivals.

Agreed, were the best of an average bunch at Reading last year and even then they were pretty forgetful

Edited by JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes
Typo

I think the only thing laughable going on here is people’s expectations of this festival

Payday so I’ll be buying my ticket later on today from Fest ticket. £132 for a 3 day ticket. £44 a day. An absolute bargain. And people are complaining about a Portuguese act being announced on the main stage for a Portuguese festival, when there’s already Bon Iver, the Smashing Pumpkins and the Chemical Brothers announced on the main stage that day?! With Thom Yorke, Idles and Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever on the second stage. A golden circle ticket for The Smashing Pumpkins costs just a little less than the cost of the whole festival. They haven’t got unlimited money knocking about ?

As for The Gift, I have no idea who they are. They’ll probably be first on though and I never get in for the first acts of the day so it doesn’t make much difference to me. Ticking over pretty nicely this line up. Just need a few acts for the Friday. Only Vampire Weekend there taking my fancy. Still plenty of acts to be announced for the main and second stage to come though 

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, stylishkids said:

I think the only thing laughable going on here is people’s expectations of this festival

Payday so I’ll be buying my ticket later on today from Fest ticket. £132 for a 3 day ticket. £44 a day. An absolute bargain. And people are complaining about a Portuguese act being announced on the main stage for a Portuguese festival, when there’s already Bon Iver, the Smashing Pumpkins and the Chemical Brothers announced on the main stage that day?! With Thom Yorke, Idles and Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever on the second stage. A golden circle ticket for The Smashing Pumpkins costs just a little less than the cost of the whole festival. They haven’t got unlimited money knocking about ?

As for The Gift, I have no idea who they are. They’ll probably be first on though and I never get in for the first acts of the day so it doesn’t make much difference to me. Ticking over pretty nicely this line up. Just need a few acts for the Friday. Only Vampire Weekend there taking my fancy. Still plenty of acts to be announced for the main and second stage to come though 

No one is complaining about the headliners, the main problem is how weak the undercard looks right now and it is frustrating to get an act that a local can see easily outside of a festival that is the unique chance to get other artists we otherwise wouldn't see live, not to mention that there are too many portuguese acts that are better than the gift. To a lot of people it might not matter who plays first on the main stage but to many other it is a wasted opportunity 

Also, the lineup rollout just doesn't excite anyone besides the notion that it gives that "something unknown is yet to come!!! just wait!!" meanwhile we get middle of the road acts as the sole confirmation of a day. 

If you were to compare any other headliner's solo show's tix prices you'd have the same argument so it isn't something that goes in favor of the festival, it is the norm. 

The issue here is the names that they are choosing to announce right now. The second day is pretty much nonexistent and there is no reason as to why they couldn't give us more undercard names. 

• Upvote 2

The Gift are not a legendary band in Portugal. They are just a famous band with some radio hits in english and in portuguese. 

Linda Martini and Capitão Fausto are probably the two portuguese bands with more fan base and followers, nowadays. 

Ornatos Violeta are a different situation. They don't play together since 8 special and sold out shows in 2012 and O Monstro Precisa de Amigos (The Monster Needs Friends, in english) is probably one of the best portuguese albums of all time. They are bigger than any other portuguese band (with the exception of Xutos & Pontapés, but their audience is different and they just play live their hits) and the thing about they no longer play together makes their show interesting for everyone.

Hope this helps who isnt portuguese and will come to NOS Alive :)

Edited by joaommaia
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, joaommaia said:

The Gift are not a legendary band in Portugal. They are just a famous band with some radio hits in english and in portuguese. 

Linda Martini and Capitão Fausto are probably the two portuguese bands with more fan base and followers, nowadays. 

Ornatos Violeta are a different situation. They don't play together since 8 special and sold out shows in 2012 and O Monstro Precisa de Amigos (The Monster Needs Friends, in english) is probably one of the best portuguese albums of all time. They are bigger than any other portuguese band (with the exception of Xutos & Pontapés, but their audience is different and they just play live their hits) and the thing about they no longer play together makes their show interesting for everyone.

Hope this helps who isnt portuguese and will come to NOS Alive :)

Now it makes more sense, thanks dude!

1 hour ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

The Who announced an announcement for Monday albeit UK news. Could coincide/lead to a Nos announcement of the rumours previously on this thread are true????

I didn't see the announcement in question, but The Who are touring the USA in May, September and November. It is reasonable to expect European dates in July/August.

Their tour is "produced by Live Nation" (it's on their website), so I guess that makes it more likely for them to do Mad Cool (and with that NOS too)?