NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

9 minutes ago, young_contra said:

We're ruling out The Strokes due to The Voidz + The Strokes playing at BBK and TS playing Doctor Music? If The Voidz and The Strokes both played at the 13th and TS the 14th of Doctor... 12th here? A bit farfetched maybe

The Voidz are also playing Doctor Music and Governors Ball too (not in the same day as The Strokes).

I imagine they will drop some bigger news around pay day. Either tomorrow or early next week I would bet. The drip feed isn't really creating any extra buzz. Unless, of course, they do not have any big news to drop, but I'd be stunned if Vampire Weekend and Tash Sultana are headlining the Friday.

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

They just added 'Honne' whoever that is.

This dripfeed of smaller acts isn't really helping flog tickets to those of use who would like to book flights before the prices go up...

I really don’t understand their strategy this year. Can’t see many tickets being shifted on account of recent announcements.  

32 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I really don’t understand their strategy this year. Can’t see many tickets being shifted on account of recent announcements.  

I feel it's just a countdown until a kick ass announcement next week with Mad Cool 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AlexTurnah said:

Ahah you guys are getting really impatient. There will be big names coming soon for sure. 

Their announcement strategy has always been the same over the years, I just feel the undercard is a lot weaker than in previous editions. 

It's not so much the time that they're taking but the idea that whoever they're going to announce isn't someone unexpected. If it's someone like Florence I just do not understand why someone in her caliber would receive this secrecy treatment

4 minutes ago, young_contra said:

It's not so much the time that they're taking but the idea that whoever they're going to announce isn't someone unexpected. If it's someone like Florence I just do not understand why someone in her caliber would receive this secrecy treatment

It might not be an issue of secrecy - Florence is clearly holding back a number of dates for the summer so it may be a contractual issue. I'm almost certain Florence will announce a huge number of dates at the same time. If the TRNSMT rumour is true, though, I can't see her doing both NOS and Mad Cool, and she seems more likely for Mad Cool given the hints.

Really begs the question who NOS have up their sleeve.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

I imagine they will drop some bigger news around pay day. Either tomorrow or early next week I would bet. The drip feed isn't really creating any extra buzz. Unless, of course, they do not have any big news to drop, but I'd be stunned if Vampire Weekend and Tash Sultana are headlining the Friday.

There is NO WAY that they're headlining Friday. I'm starting to believe that they're struggling to find someone so they're just delaying stuff. If not for Flo, I can't imagine any other headliner (and calling Flo an headliner doesn't sit well with me in the first place but whatevs). 

19 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Tomorrow will surely just be another name from that absolute radio post 

Agreed

13 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

How are people feeling about the chances of Tame Impala playing this year?

Saw them last year and would happily see them again. Thought they were very good live.

Personally would prefer them to be a sub-headliner rather than headliner though but seems like they are headlining everywhere now so that would be unlikely I’d think.