NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

When they drip feed announcements one by one 90% of the time it's going to be disappointing, or at best 'meh.' I wish they'd just drop a bunch at once to revive my excitement. Like Weezer, Jorja Smith, Robyn individually as the announcement for the day are okay but amongst the whole lineup they excite me. It's just a terrible way of announcing. 

10 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

When they drip feed announcements one by one 90% of the time it's going to be disappointing, or at best 'meh.' I wish they'd just drop a bunch at once to revive my excitement. Like Weezer, Jorja Smith, Robyn individually as the announcement for the day are okay but amongst the whole lineup they excite me. It's just a terrible way of announcing. 

Yeah. Waking up to an individual announcement of a dj set just doesn't do it for anyone 

19 minutes ago, clasher said:

Announcing one by one makes sense for top-two/three-tiers acts. For clubbing stage not so much at all. 

Even then, if you don't like the one they've announced its a crappy announcement, but if they chuck a few out together hopefully there's some redemption and it's no longer a crappy announcement. Just an announcement with a crappy band a few other good'ns 

23 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Potential for Drake to headline? His US tour doesn't kick off until much later in July, he's of a similar ilk to the weeknd and supposedly announcing a Europe tour soon. Probably not but ?‍♀️

festival tour though? don't imagine him touring europe outside festivals and even if he does nah I wouldn't bet on it

Edited by young_contra

25 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Potential for Drake to headline? His US tour doesn't kick off until much later in July, he's of a similar ilk to the weeknd and supposedly announcing a Europe tour soon. Probably not but ?‍♀️

If you're giving them ideas, at least give them good ones ?

I see where you're coming from though and at this point it is as good a guess as any.

Latest additions to Rock Werchter.  Not sure if any of these ones would be coming to NOS. Pity New Order are out of the running. I’d take Elbow out of these ones. 

10 new names! Elbow, The Good, The Bad & The Queen, Janelle Monáe, New Order, Angèle, Brockhampton, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Khruangbin, Mac DeMarco and $uicideboy$

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Latest additions to Rock Werchter.  Not sure if any of these ones would be coming to NOS. Pity New Order are out of the running. I’d take Elbow out of these ones. 

10 new names! Elbow, The Good, The Bad & The Queen, Janelle Monáe, New Order, Angèle, Brockhampton, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Khruangbin, Mac DeMarco and $uicideboy$

Brockhampton are still a bet of mine

10 minutes ago, Flynny101 said:

Surprised foals haven’t been mentioned much as potential additions to the bill. Particularly with them about to release new material.i know they played the festival fairly recently but so did chemical brothers.would be a strong addition imo.

I've mentioned them a couple of times, I'm just hoping they don't play Super Bock Super Rock instead

• Upvote 1

I was originally planning to attend the first and second day, I really like The Cure and Vampire Weekend are my second fav band. I've see Bon Iver one time and Idles (even interviewed them once) two times before so I kind of ignored their day, however, this is just turning out to be a boredom fest. None of the acts announced for the first day deserve my trip and ticket money. I'll probably head for the second and third days, hoping either Tame Impala or Foals appear on the 12th and that I'm able to catch Thom Yorke and Idles without clashing with Bon Iver, couldn't care less about TSP.

This festival is acting like it didn't lose The Strokes as an headliner. I do know that there are bigger things at play regarding embargo/contracts and stuff like that but there's always a bit of damage control to be done - announcing lame DJ acts one day at a time ain't helping the cause nor catching anyone's attention (I mean, they are, but not for the best of reasons).

Edited by young_contra

1 minute ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

First day is well composed.
The second day I'm still missing the Tame Impala and Florence and The Machine.

I still believe in: Noel , James Bay , Ben Harper , The Strokes , Iggy Pop , Jungle . 

The Strokes, as discussed many times here before, are out. It's just not reasonable nor realistic for them to play here considering their dates

I'm quite certain they are just wearing us down deliberately and they have something really nice in store.

If not, this is so far the okayest lineup of the year. We are forgetting that the line-up so far is not bad. We also tend to forget the absence of shit acts (I'm talking about the main two stages, can't say much about clubbing stage as I don't know any of the acts). So unless they hit us with crappy headliners on the second day, we'll be - at worst - fine.

With so many festivals announcing plenty of names lately something big here shouldn't be too far.

To sum up, do not despair (just yet) ?

Edited by clasher