NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

Not been keeping up with the exact whys and wherefores of who is in and out, but one of The Strokes/Prodigy and about four decent undercard names and I'm in.

I'm afraid the Strokes are definitely out due to BBK and Doctor Music the same weekend (with the Voidz playing the other nights).

I can't stand FATM and other rumours are she may be at TRNSMT in Glasgow on the Friday or Sunday.  Seems more logical from London to Glasgow.  It does leave the Thursday of NOS or MC available or both if she was going to play 4 nights on the bounce.  As for the Killers, no thanks.

Had a look at BST line up for 2018 and there's virtually no cross over of bands

I live in hope there's a headliner or two that haven't released any dates yet. Also hoping they're rock bands

Edited by Red Day

Just now, young_contra said:

Besides The Black Keys, what other unannounced names can we come up with?

Honestly no idea.  This time last year we had the headliners plus everyone seemed to know AM were the last one.  I'm hoping something like System of a Down and the Who, but I'm an old bugger and my tastes probably don't fit in with the majority.  

As for Childish Gambino and Kendrick Lamar, I've only heard of the latter and can't think I've ever listened to either of them.  Last year with NIN, QOTSA, The National, Pearl Jam and quite a few others, it was a perfect line up for me.  Few things this year are fine for me but I don't think the line up this year will suit me as well. 

Just now, jparx said:

The Who? Bruce?

I'm not a big fan of Bruce.  I skipped him at Glastonbury but mates who are big fans said it was pretty dull until the 3rd hour when he started playing more well known stuff.

Looking at MC and with the Cure at both, I'd guess there's a decent chance Mogwai and the Twilight Sad will get added. Both bands play a lot with the Cure and both for me are class

15 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Honestly no idea.  This time last year we had the headliners plus everyone seemed to know AM were the last one.  I'm hoping something like System of a Down and the Who, but I'm an old bugger and my tastes probably don't fit in with the majority.  

As for Childish Gambino and Kendrick Lamar, I've only heard of the latter and can't think I've ever listened to either of them.  Last year with NIN, QOTSA, The National, Pearl Jam and quite a few others, it was a perfect line up for me.  Few things this year are fine for me but I don't think the line up this year will suit me as well. 

Personally The Who and SOAD would be a let down, not a fan of the latter and I don't think The Who would play a worthy headliner show for THIS type of festival. But that's just my two cents, one can think of it in another manner.

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

The Who? Bruce?

I think Bruce fits even less than The Who

I can't imagine NOS Alive bringing up a classic act like The Who. I've no real reasoning behind it besides feeling that they'd be placed in a festival with a more old school tone or if they were or that they don't have that european-mainstream-festival thing in them like The Cure do

Edited by young_contra

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

Personally The Who and SOAD would be a let down, not a fan of the latter and I don't think The Who would play a worthy headliner show for THIS type of festival. But that's just my two cents, one can think of it in another manner.

I think Bruce fits even less than The Who

Suppose we all have different tastes. SOAD at Werchter couple of years back were amazing and the Who generally play a hits set when they do festivals.  I've seen them twice at festivals and indoors a number of times and despite being elderly, they still know how to put on a show.

4 minutes ago, clasher said:

I'd take The Who and Bruce over Florence and the Killers any day, I do understand why that would be underwhelming for some.

The Who will have anther album out and their two legs of American tour leave out a nice big summer hole to fill with European festivals, though.

Just had a look at those US dates and you might be right

I'd prefer The Who to any unexperienced headliner like Childish Gambino. And they are not eternal... Same for Bruce... The Killers will probably play without their current guitarist if they do. Florence has headlined many huge festivals and she is at her best currently. Let Donald Glover and Kendrick Lamar time to grow. At this point I'd love The Who, Florence + The Machine and The Prodigy

4 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I'd prefer The Who to any unexperienced headliner like Childish Gambino. And they are not eternal... Same for Bruce... The Killers will probably play without their current guitarist if they do. Florence has headlined many huge festivals and she is at her best currently. Let Donald Glover and Kendrick Lamar time to grow. At this point I'd love The Who, Florence + The Machine and The Prodigy

What are you on mate? Kendrick is a well established production and headliner nowadays and gambino is doing his last tour ever. Far more exciting than who or florence

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

What are you on mate? Kendrick is a well established production and headliner nowadays and gambino is doing his last tour ever. Far more exciting than who or florence

Yes for Kendrick, Gambino mostly in the US, and he says he's doing his last tour but he is 35...  Kendrick is going to headline all major festivals in the incoming years... Florence has not a lot to envy to Kendrick... On the contrary, Gambino has to envy to both. He wouldn't even coheadline Rock Werchter. And The Who, just like Roger Waters or Bruce solo, are in a different category. 

10 hours ago, jparx said:

Well, those two would be the dream for me! 

Don't even get me started on Daft Punk. Holding out on them as Glastonbury's 50th anniversary headliner. 

Flo's tour dates are very odd - she's clearly holding loads of dates back for some reason. I think she will announce a lot of dates by the end of this month/start of the next. 

I was lucky enough to see Daft Punk in 2007. It remains to this day the best gig I've ever been to, almost mythical.