NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Still think Florence and The Killers are the two remaining. Both fit the clues and look to be active next summer. Most other headline level acts that could do it seem to be ruled out at this stage. Florence would be ace. The Killers I don't really mind either way. 

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

Still think Florence and The Killers are the two remaining. Both fit the clues and look to be active next summer. Most other headline level acts that could do it seem to be ruled out at this stage. Florence would be ace. The Killers I don't really mind either way. 

Would be a bit surprised as they both seem like headliners to me? I really don't want Florence :( Killers ambivalent. There's enough I like already though with Bon Iver, The Cure, Vampire W etc

Just now, young_contra said:

out... for the summer? just kidding, i'll be very disappointed as well.

4 minutes ago, jplewes said:

Would be a bit surprised as they both seem like headliners to me? I really don't want Florence :( Killers ambivalent. There's enough I like already though with Bon Iver, The Cure, Vampire W etc

17 minutes ago, Homer said:

If it's those two then I'm out...

If you're disappointed in those two, who do you actually want that's available?

Just now, jparx said:

If you're disappointed in those two, who do you actually want that's available?

Who's available as an headliner or merely as an artist? Cause as an headliner things are tough at the moment. What I was hoping for was for a name that is yet to be revealed and it's being kept as a pseudo secret due to embargo or whatever. I think that we've been waiting too long for an headliner and end up having one that was always right in front of us but for some reason kept unannounced up until january

I think I agree with YC on that. I wanted to come NOS this year but I'm also a bit more alternative inclined, leaning towards more like Primavera Sound line ups (but bigger acts). The Cure, TSP, Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend etc are good crossovers for me and I really like Sharon Van Etten, thought Rolling Blackouts might get announced (down for Mad Cool) etc.

Florence is just not really my bag, and a bit like Young_Contra I thought she'd have been announced by now and there would be a wildcard (but agree it looks most likely still).

Edited by jplewes
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Who's available as an headliner or merely as an artist? Cause as an headliner things are tough at the moment. What I was hoping for was for a name that is yet to be revealed and it's being kept as a pseudo secret due to embargo or whatever. I think that we've been waiting too long for an headliner and end up having one that was always right in front of us but for some reason kept unannounced up until january

Yeah, as a headliner. 

Hopefully someone is being held back - that would certainly be more exciting. I just don't see someone huge coming from nowhere at this point!

I think Florence is nailed on tbh. She's clearly got a lot more festivals to announce based on her dates, and most of the other festivals she could play have announced their headliners. 

Hopefully the other headliner (assuming there are 2 more left to be announced?) is someone more interesting than The Killers.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah, as a headliner. 

Hopefully someone is being held back - that would certainly be more exciting. I just don't see someone huge coming from nowhere at this point!

I wouldn't MIND Flo, you know? It's just like I've said, you'd think she would be announced at this point. The Killers however... No thanks. Although this feels like lowering one's standards, I'd be okay with Childish Gambino or Kendrick Lamar. Again, it is a struggle to come up with headliners. It is easier to dream about them, not to realistically think of them

I'm just waiting for the day when you won't sound like a fool for thinking about a Daft Punk return... 

Edited by young_contra

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

I wouldn't MIND Flo, you know? It's just like I've said, you'd think she would be announced at this point. The Killers however... No thanks. Although this feels like lowering one's standards, I'd be okay with Childish Gambino or Kendrick Lamar. Again, it is a struggle to come up with headliners. It is easier to dream about them, not to realistically think of them

I'm just waiting for the day when you won't sound like a fool for thinking about a Daft Punk return... 

Well, those two would be the dream for me! 

Don't even get me started on Daft Punk. Holding out on them as Glastonbury's 50th anniversary headliner. 

Flo's tour dates are very odd - she's clearly holding loads of dates back for some reason. I think she will announce a lot of dates by the end of this month/start of the next.