NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

13 minutes ago, clasher said:

Vampire Weekend can't possibly be the sole headliner.They're not big enough. On the Mad Cool poster they are even below Bon Iver on the first day. They'll sub, or at best co-headline (with another two roughly equally big names on the main stage that day).

Oh I meant a third headliner as in a new headliner for the third day (The Cure - ? - that new "third headliner")

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 6:43 PM, young_contra said:

...so a third headliner is actually a possibility or not? 

Vampire Weekend will probably have two bands playing after them.

For me, it's a little bit obvious that the last headliner will be the same as the band that will co-headline with Bon Iver at Mad Cool. Maybe a second big band will be add... but Vampire Weekend is not a name I'm seeing opening for the headliner. 

33 minutes ago, weirdfishes said:

Looks like The Cure is the only headliner confirmed by now, judging by the size of the font

They are also the only ones advertised as one. 

The smaller font of other acts could just as well be due to the length of the names though ? wouldn't read too much into it, there's still a lot to come. 

12 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I've been dreaming about Kanye being here ever since he retweeted someone asking for a KSG tour. It is unrealistic and I'm totally aware of that but it would be superb

He just cancelled Coachella at the last minute over stage production, a source close to him has claimed he's done with festivals.

5 minutes ago, Orens said:

He just cancelled Coachella at the last minute over stage production, a source close to him has claimed he's done with festivals.

Probably for the best. Saw him on his own - brilliant. Saw him at Glastonbury - dreadful. 

Festivals just don't suit him at all. He's too much of a control freak to embrace doing festivals. 

19 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Means nothing for them in Portugal at least at NOS Alive.

yeah and we've pretty much established that they're more likely to play NOS Primavera Sound

58 minutes ago, jparx said:

Probably for the best. Saw him on his own - brilliant. Saw him at Glastonbury - dreadful. 

Festivals just don't suit him at all. He's too much of a control freak to embrace doing festivals. 

shame :( I don't think he'll ever come to Portugal on his own

Coachella means nothing for any festival... They don't think like a festival... They only take the top artists in the charts and the biggest views on YouTube and make a lineup with it nowadays... Tame Impala are headlining because of Justin Timberlake and Kanye West's last minute cancelation... 

If Tame Impala don´t make it to Nos Primavera I bet they´ll headline Nos Alive.

It would be a strange headliner because the last time they played in 2016 at Nos Alive, they had the same music and albums and they were mid tears, but they are headlining Coachella and Primavera, two biggest festivals in the world so it would be logical for them to be headliners at Nos Alive if they don´t end up at Porto.

16 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

It would be a strange headliner because the last time they played in 2016 at Nos Alive, they had the same music and albums and they were mid tears, but they are headlining Coachella and Primavera, two biggest festivals in the world so it would be logical for them to be headliners at Nos Alive if they don´t end up at Porto.

surely there'll be new music by July 

27 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

They are headline-sized for Primavera but not yet for NOS Alive. Not bigger than Bon Iver at the moment. Nevertheless they'd be a good sub for The Cure. 

They headline Coachella because of Kanye West's last minute cancelation 

They will be a "hedliner material" for this festival soon, but not now. Co-headliners maybe, but headling alone no way. 

I'm still 99% sure NOS Alive and Mad Cool will share headliners with the exception of The National. Last year, they had one more headliner (Depeche Mode), so I guess the same will happen this year.

Unfortunately for my wallet, Tame Impala will almost certainly headline NOS Primavera Sound.

For this, I don't have any bets and that scares me a bit.

Edited by joaommaia

So RHCP and Mumfords ruled out of Mad Cool (cf the other thread) 

Predictions evolve... 

With the tryptic 2007 - 2001 - 1986, I expect Florence + The Machine (2007), a Black Keys comeback (2001), and the third one (1986)... Drake/Green Day/Lady Gaga? 

7 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Predictions evolve... 

With the tryptic 2007 - 2001 - 1986, I expect Florence + The Machine (2007), a Black Keys comeback (2001), and the third one (1986)... Drake/Green Day/Lady Gaga? 

...The Black Keys please...

Apparently they're rumored to play Austin City Limits but it might just be rubbish 

Edited by young_contra

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Predictions evolve... 

Mumford were ruled out from the beggining at Nos Alive because they already have a show this year in Portugal. Haven´t heard any news about RHCP and SOAD (people were talking about them) so they are also ruled out.

At this point Florence, Black Keys, Interpol and Tame Impala are big headliner/co headliner contenders, let´s wait and see what will happen but in my opinion we´ll get at least 2 of those names.