NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Hope the 2016´s edition repeats and we´ll get a big headliner and other big names in January like we had in 2016 when Radiohead, Tame Impala, Arcade Fire and Grimes were are all announced in 3 consecutive weeks, until then Nos Alive had a mediocere lineup with Pixies and some other normal bands like now, I think that the lineup now is even stronger than back then, of course 150 euros vs 120 euros to 2 years ago are also a big factor.

The only thing that I´m is that 2019 edition will have the best Sagres stage names ever.

19 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Hope the 2016´s edition repeats and we´ll get a big headliner and other big names in January like we had in 2016 when Radiohead, Tame Impala, Arcade Fire and Grimes were are all announced in 3 consecutive weeks, until then Nos Alive had a mediocere lineup with Pixies and some other normal bands like now, I think that the lineup now is even stronger than back then, of course 150 euros vs 120 euros to 2 years ago are also a big factor.

The only thing that I´m is that 2019 edition will have the best Sagres stage names ever.

I remember being super happy yet pissed by seeing Arcade Fire confirmed as I had promised to myself I'd only attend one day of the festival (that one being Radiohead's). Then seeing Grimes also confirmed... it was superb. 
The lineup being stronger now means nothing but I wouldn't really get my hopes up for 2019. Not only do I not know what to expect, I also don't know what is reasonable to expect. Obviously there are like two big names missing, specially ONE BIG headliner that will be shared with Mad Cool. Who? No clue. If you let The Strokes get away, you must have someone under your belt. 

Edited by young_contra
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I remember being super happy yet pissed by seeing Arcade Fire confirmed as I had promised to myself I'd only attend one day of the festival (that one being Radiohead's). Then seeing Grimes also confirmed... it was superb. 
The lineup being stronger now means nothing but I wouldn't really get my hopes up for 2019. Not only do I not know what to expect, I also don't know what is reasonable to expect. Obviously there are like two big names missing, specially ONE BIG headliner that will be shared with Mad Cool. Who? No clue. If you let The Strokes get away, you must have someone under your belt. 

Unless they make a very balanced lineup without very big headliners, and I´m totally ok with that. Now there is a big trend amongst european festivals to make strong lineups with strong undercards and strong second tier names but without strong headliners, if we don´t get Strokes or another big headliner I´ll okay with that as long as they put 6 bands per day at the main stage and most of them with some quality. Until now there are no bands like Pearl Jam and Arctic Monkeys who could sell more tickets, but I´m confident that if Sagres stage continus like this it will be superb and I´ll buy the full festival ticket just to spend all my time on the Sagres stage. 

Oh and don´t forget that 2019 will be a strange year, not a lot of headliners available, just look at spanish festivals, especially Mad Cool and Primavera Sound, and look at Reading & Leeds fest chosing The 1975 as their headliner and Stromzy as Glasto´s headliner? That´s so strange and that will affect Nos Alive too.

Edited by festivalguy97

I don t believe Bon Iver will headline alone in Mad Cool, so i bet whoever co-headline with them, will be Friday  headliner.

To be honest  the only chances are a big band that is yet to announce their new album and tour (The Black Keys fit this role perfectly)

Or will be some underwhelming headliner

Will The Racounteurs  do a european tour next year? I know they arent big enough as headliners, but they are good to fit on the card 

3 hours ago, Tigane said:

I don t believe Bon Iver will headline alone in Mad Cool, so i bet whoever co-headline with them, will be Friday  headliner.

To be honest  the only chances are a big band that is yet to announce their new album and tour (The Black Keys fit this role perfectly)

Or will be some underwhelming headliner

Will The Racounteurs  do a european tour next year? I know they arent big enough as headliners, but they are good to fit on the card 

Completely 100% agree with you, I think whoever is the coheadliner with Bon Iver headlines NOS, which is why I don’t think it’ll be Mumford... Bon Iver/Mumford seems poor (or quiet, depending on taste) and there’d be no reason for them to withhold the announcement until now. 

Personally I think it’s someone yet to announce dates, I said RHCP/Strokes when neither had a date announced and now after Bilbao and Doctor Music I think One of RHCP/Killers/Black Key’s will be involved to co/headline. If Killers/RHCP announce dates, neither have ever played NOS or Mad Cool, and  I did actually mention Killers a while back because if they do play Europe next year, they fit NOS and mad cool like a glove. 

It’s complete guesswork but I think it could happen, I’m considering The Strokes out until I’m proven otherwise (but I would love it to be them!).

Edited by AAlex

Overlap so far:

Acts shared with Mad Cool: Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend, The Chemical Brothers, Tash Sultana, The Smashing Pumpkins, Vetusta Morla, Sharon Van Etten, The Cure, Robyn, Jorja Smith, Pip Blom

Acts shared with BBK: Cut Copy, Idles, Thom Yorke, Vetusta Morla, Weezer

Acts shared with Doctor Music: The Smashing Pumpkins

As expected most shared acts are with Mad Cool and it's gonna stay that way (including another headliner), I would however expect a couple of acts more from the other two. I doubt we'll share any more headliners with BBK or Doctor, but some medium sized names would certainly fit. My wishlist of the names announced so far would be Hot Chip, Modeselektor, Suede, Iggy Pop, Prodigy, Parov Stelar and that Zappa hologram thing just for the sake of it (and of course The Strokes and King Crimson that aren't happening). Still hoping for Tame Impala to do this rather Primavera Porto.

11 hours ago, AAlex said:

Completely 100% agree with you, I think whoever is the coheadliner with Bon Iver headlines NOS, which is why I don’t think it’ll be Mumford... Bon Iver/Mumford seems poor (or quiet, depending on taste) and there’d be no reason for them to withhold the announcement until now. 

Personally I think it’s someone yet to announce dates, I said RHCP/Strokes when neither had a date announced and now after Bilbao and Doctor Music I think One of RHCP/Killers/Black Key’s will be involved to co/headline. If Killers/RHCP announce dates, neither have ever played NOS or Mad Cool, and  I did actually mention Killers a while back because if they do play Europe next year, they fit NOS and mad cool like a glove. 

It’s complete guesswork but I think it could happen, I’m considering The Strokes out until I’m proven otherwise (but I would love it to be them!).

Mumford & Sons are already playing a show here in Portugal next year so they´re out.

The Killers headlined a festival here in Portugal this year so can´t see their comeback that eary.

Strokes are out for me, can´t see them play more than 2 shows + the 2 Voidz shows.

That leaves us with Florence and The Machine and another unexpected band like RHCP or something like that as headliner, and I think Bon Iver - TSP - Chemical brothers is a strong with no need for a big headliner.

Also the list of another potential main stage bands: Tame Impala, Noel Gallagher, Liam Gallagher, Interpol, Florence.

Edited by festivalguy97

7 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Mumford & Sons are already playing a show here in Portugal next year so they´re out.

The Killers headlined a festival here in Portugal this year so can´t see their comeback that eary.

Strokes are out for me, can´t see them play more than 2 shows + the 2 Voidz shows.

That leaves us with Florence and The Machine and another unexpected band like RHCP or something like that as headliner, and I think Bon Iver - TSP - Chemical brothers is a strong with no need for a big headliner.

Also the list of another potential main stage bands: Tame Impala, Noel Gallagher, Liam Gallagher, Interpol, Florence.

I'm still pretty convinced that NOS Primavera Sound will get Tame Impala and Interpol. At the very least Interpol.

21 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I'm still pretty convinced that NOS Primavera Sound will get Tame Impala and Interpol. At the very least Interpol.

I´m more confident about Tame Impala to Porto because they already played Nos Alive 2 years ago and Interpol for Nos Alive, but they´re surely play Portuguese festivals next year.

4 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

I´m more confident about Tame Impala to Porto because they already played Nos Alive 2 years ago and Interpol for Nos Alive, but they´re surely play Portuguese festivals next year.

Well they played in 2016, same as The Chemical Brothers and Radiohead so I don't think it would be too early. They did Mad Cool last year but not NOS Alive (opposite to, say, The National), so that could mean something (probably not), but all in all I still believe it's more likely for them to do Porto.

Would kill for them to do NOS Alive though. I have no doubt the overall lineup will be up there with the best in Europe, but what the current lineup lacks the most for me is a couple of acts I'd personally like to see very very much (as opposed to a number of acts I'd just like to see).

13 hours ago, clasher said:

Well they played in 2016, same as The Chemical Brothers and Radiohead so I don't think it would be too early. They did Mad Cool last year but not NOS Alive (opposite to, say, The National), so that could mean something (probably not), but all in all I still believe it's more likely for them to do Porto.

Would kill for them to do NOS Alive though. I have no doubt the overall lineup will be up there with the best in Europe, but what the current lineup lacks the most for me is a couple of acts I'd personally like to see very very much (as opposed to a number of acts I'd just like to see).

NOS Primavera Sound probably depends on a possible Bonnaroo appearance, as they are heading to the US later in June.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Orens said:

NOS Primavera Sound probably depends on a possible Bonnaroo appearance, as they are heading to the US later in June.

They´re playing Barcelona and then from 21st - 23rd of June they´re playing in Germany, so can´t see them doing american tour, then Barcelona, then american tour again and then Germany.

For me they´re 100% in at Nos Primavera Sound, they´ll be one of the headliners, and I suspect that they´ll follow Barcelona´s 50/50 thing and Porto´s headliners will be Tame Impala + 2 females, that leaves Nos Alive with Interpol. 

25 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

They´re playing Barcelona and then from 21st - 23rd of June they´re playing in Germany, so can´t see them doing american tour, then Barcelona, then american tour again and then Germany.

For me they´re 100% in at Nos Primavera Sound, they´ll be one of the headliners, and I suspect that they´ll follow Barcelona´s 50/50 thing and Porto´s headliners will be Tame Impala + 2 females, that leaves Nos Alive with Interpol. 

I don't think that NPS can afford to do that 50/50 thing when it comes to big names unless they make them co-headline. Considering barcelona's lineup, Tame Impala headlining one day and Interpol headlining another would be ideal and they could have the first day filled with female names (or have Tame Impala co-headline with a female name). I don't know. It just sounds like a bit of a sloppy move to lose Interpol or Tame Impala on NPS' part

Edited by young_contra

42 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I don't think that NPS can afford to do that 50/50 thing when it comes to big names unless they make them co-headline. Considering barcelona's lineup, Tame Impala headlining one day and Interpol headlining another would be ideal and they could have the first day filled with female names (or have Tame Impala co-headline with a female name). I don't know. It just sounds like a bit of a sloppy move to lose Interpol or Tame Impala on NPS' part

Considereing my calculations I think Tame Impala are totally in, they have 3 concerts in June here in Europe and 0 in July, so can´t see them miss Primavera, I still don´t know whether Interpol will be another headliner, I think not, I think Porto´s lineup will be stacked with female artists, don´t know if it will be 50/50, maybe it will be 40/60 or even less but I guess that the main names will be mostly females without losing quality because Erykah Badu, Janelle Monae and Christine are top acts, and bringing Cardi B would bring a lot of mainstream crowds. 

But this is not Nos Primavera´s Sound tread, so with all this I think that Interpol´s will end up at Nos Alive.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Oh damn, I thought they are playing Firefly that weekend.

Interpol already played NOS PS 2015, I'd assume the festival would go for another indie-esque band for this edition.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 6:24 PM, festivalguy97 said:

The Strokes are rumoured to a play a portuguese festival called Super Bock Super Rock, a week after Nos Alive, the information is still to be confirmed and its just a rumour but for now they are ruled out of Nos Alive.

Also the Super Bock´s twitter account have been teasing fans with that confirmation, it´s not be taken very seriously as they´ve done that in the past, but considering the rumours I believe that they will play there.

IMG_3180.jpg