NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Just now, diogozsz said:

I still think we'll have a pretty solid headliner for the 13th that hasn't been announced yet. 

Btw The Chems will be closing the NOS Stage.

For the 13th? I don't know about that... I think NOS Stage's big names have all been revealed. The 12th, however, is a big incognito 

For now, it's missing a type of band like Arctic Monkeys or Pearl Jam last year. The type of bands that you know they will sell out the festival "alone".

Way too curious about the second day.

Obviously, a band like The Strokes could change this.

Edited by joaommaia

34 minutes ago, ThisIsHappening said:

With the addition of TCB I’m definitely giving this strong consideration, since the Primavera Sound lineup is a big step down for me this year. For anyone that has been to both, how does this compare and is the VIP worth it? I love Porto itself, so looking forward to a return to Portugal. 

To be honest, I went once to Nos Alive and I hated it, I only go there to see I band that I really like, the only good thing about Nos Alive is the lineup and the bands that are playing there, comparing it with Primavera Sound or even Porto´s Primavera Sound is like comparing Ferrari and a Fiat 

This year the lineup looks good, not strong enough but good, and Porto´s edition doesn´t seem to have very good artists from what I´m expecting so this I may be back to Nos Alive just because there are no better choices.

Edited by festivalguy97

TSP/Bon Iver with the Chems closing is more than a decent day, I believe. I was kind of hoping for something much bigger for the day, but this is still - realistically - good. 

For Friday there's got to be something special, I reckon it would have been announced already if it was vampire weekend ft. post malone or some utter uninspiring crap not unlike that. 

On top of that Mogwai, Greta van Fleet and a couple of other Mad Cool acts, along with Tame Impala and another marvelous surprise or two and we have a top festival upon ourselves. 

Edited by clasher

14 minutes ago, clasher said:

So true tho... 

It might not all be to my taste but having Chemical Brothers, Bon Iver, The Smashing Pumpkins and Thom Yorke on the same day is a strong day. I can’t book it based on what’s there yet though, even if it’s just mid main stage acts I hope we get some more for Thursday/Friday before Christmas. 

NOS Alive is the one I’ve got my heart set on so I’m hoping the line up sways me, but to be honest there aren’t any European festivals elsewhere Im tempted by either at the minute.