NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

They´re pretty big here in Portugal, maybe in top 5 of the biggest portuguese bands ever, they´re often compared to Radiohaed because of similarity of their style, even the head singer said that their biggest inspiration are Radiohead and OK Computer.

Of course for people from outside of Portugal this band is not exciting, I understand that, but Nos Alive every year puts a big portguese band to open the Nos Stage on one of the days and I can´t remember a bigger and better name than this one, so no need to worry.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I think Chemical Brothers, Bon Iver and Smashing Pumpkins is a fairly strong day, certainly stronger than Chemical Brothers day in 2016. How will this work with Thom Yorke, is he likely to play the Sagres stage after them or clash with one of them?

I bet he'll clash with TCB but one can't be too sure about it

With the chemical brothers and thom york, I think tame impala amd the pixies are much more likely now :)

On a more serious note, having the chemicals brothers should diminish the chance of having a crap trap-ish crap act as travis scott, so this can't possibly be anything but good news. 

I think it’s a good addition, certainly someone I’d want to see and particularly happy because I’d resided myself to a Bon Iver/Pumpkins coheadline. 

Hopefully some more to fill out the Thursday and Friday in the next couple of weeks, didn’t someone say they always announce at 09:00, so is this massively out of character? If so hopefully some more multi announcement days :D

Edited by AAlex

1 minute ago, clasher said:

With the chemical brothers and thom york, I think tame impala amd the pixies are much more likely now :)

On a more serious note, having the chemicals brothers should diminish the chance of having a crap trap-ish crap act as travis scott, so this can't possibly be anything but good news. 

Travis is playing Openair Frauenfeld, which dates are the same as NOS Alive. I'd rule him out.

Just now, AAlex said:

I think it’s a good addition, certainly someone I’d want to see and particularly happy because I’d resided myself to a Bon Iver/Pumpkins coheadline. 

Hopefully some more to fill out the Thursday and Friday in the next couple of weeks, didn’t someone say they always announce at 09:00, so is this massively out of character? If so hopefully some more multi announcement days :D

It totally is out of character but it isn't the first time they've done this. I'm not sure why it happened though... Still betting on the theory that they have a headliner with an embargo

3 minutes ago, clasher said:

Wouldn't count on Tame Impala, pretty sure they'll headline NOS Primavera Sound

22 minutes ago, young_contra said:

They're disappointing as an act to fill the third day, just my opinion. I don't need any new ears based on that. The Smashing Pumpkins are an average act nowadays and it is disappointing to see that they're the biggest thing that day will have to offer

I don't agree. Saw them in October and even if glorious times are far away I think Billy has still something to say. 

To be fair it was a +3hrs show at very high level imo. 

On the other hand you're right, TSP nowadays are not a real headliner but Bon Iver > TSP > TCB are a quite strong set. 

Just now, alan_ts said:

I don't agree. Saw them in October and even if glorious times are far away I think Billy has still something to say. 

To be fair it was a +3hrs show at very high level imo. 

On the other hand you're right, TSP nowadays are not a real headliner but Bon Iver > TSP > TCB are a quite strong set. 

Fair enough! Bear in mind that I like TCB more than I'll ever enjoy TSP but idk, I guess I was expecting something just a tad bit bigger. As long as people have a blast, it's all good, it just ain't a combination of bands that works for me

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, young_contra said:

It totally is out of character but it isn't the first time they've done this. I'm not sure why it happened though... Still betting on the theory that they have a headliner with an embargo

Yeah I would agree the last headliners someone who hasn’t announced dates yet, I’m still thinking The Strokes or RHCP.

• Like 1