NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

11 minutes ago, jplewes said:

Imagine he'll be quite high on the Sagres stage? Is he close to being headliner material/top couple of acts on there (as someone who hasn't been before?) He seems bigger than someone like Local Natives who were high up last year on there by the looks?

I think he'll be on after the NOS stage headliner (whether that's Bon Iver or SP or someone TBA), can't see him clashing with Bon Iver or Smashing Pumpkins and presumably it will be in the dark.

So at the minute we've got...

11/7

NOS - The Cure

Sagres - Sharon Van Etten, Jorja Smith

12/7

NOS -

Sagres - Tash Sultana, PIP Bloom

13/7

NOS - Bon Iver, Smashing Pumpkins

Sagres - Thom Yorke

Not really a lot to go on so far, I'm sure that Saturday is looking great for some but to me it's just three big acts I'm not that bothered about unfortunately. Hopefully they start filling these NOS stage slots soon.

Maybe Vampire Weekend will start being announced for festivals if they reveal their new album tomorrow, I think they had something coming up. Either that or I have no clue on what headliners to expect to be revealed before 2019.

I mean, what headliners can you guys come up with?

Edited by young_contra

7 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Maybe Vampire Weekend will start being announced for festivals if they reveal their new album tomorrow, I think they had something coming up. Either that or I have no clue on what headliners to expect to be revealed before 2019. 

I mean, what headliners can you guys come up with?

Bands that I was hoping for that seemed realistic were Foals, Tame Impala, Editors, Childish Gambino, Vampire Weekend... don't know if any of those would headline, was hoping for The Strokes rumours to prove true as well.

To be honest there's only one band that's pulling me towards NOS at the minute, The Cure, who I'll probably end up seeing at Glasto anyway. So starting to wonder if 2019 won't be the year for me after all.

Edited by AAlex
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Bands that I was hoping for that seemed realistic were Foals, Tame Impala, Editors, Childish Gambino, Vampire Weekend... don't know if any of those would headline, was hoping for The Strokes rumours to prove true as well.

To be honest there's only one band that's pulling me towards NOS at the minute, The Cure, who I'll probably end up seeing at Glasto anyway. So starting to wonder if 2019 won't be the year for me after all.

Same. None of who you mentioned would headline and probably only Vampire Weekend will make an appearance, at this rate.

Maybe New Order will end up appearing? That'd be ace. I'd love to see Thom Yorke tbh but I can't justify buying a ticket for a day that has TSP as its biggest name. 

If NOS Primavera Sound plays its cards right, it can have a more attractive and cohesive lineup than NOS Alive imo

29 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Same. None of who you mentioned would headline and probably only Vampire Weekend will make an appearance, at this rate.

Maybe New Order will end up appearing? That'd be ace. I'd love to see Thom Yorke tbh but I can't justify buying a ticket for a day that has TSP as its biggest name. 

If NOS Primavera Sound plays its cards right, it can have a more attractive and cohesive lineup than NOS Alive imo

I've accidentally ended up in Porto the weekend of Primavera anyway, booked flights for the Nationals League without realising it was the same weekend :D So I think a day ticket there will be on the cards either way, providing there's someone worth seeing.

Wouldn't mind New Order and The Good, The Bad and The Queen, both would tempt me more than anyone who's been announced so far anyway (except The Cure).

Seems like a lot of bands chances rest on whether they play Primavera Porto or not, you'd think Tame Impala and Foals will both have Portugese dates, just a case of where. Childish Gambino I guess depends on whether he comes back to Europe in the Summer, but I'd be shocked if NOS didn't get Vampire Weekend with them being at Mad Cool the same weekend. The 1975 are probably highly likely as well, which is a shame because they'll no doubt get a relatively high slot.

5 minutes ago, AAlex said:

I've accidentally ended up in Porto the weekend of Primavera anyway, booked flights for the Nationals League without realising it was the same weekend :D So I think a day ticket there will be on the cards either way, providing there's someone worth seeing.

Wouldn't mind New Order and The Good, The Bad and The Queen, both would tempt me more than anyone who's been announced so far anyway (except The Cure).

Seems like a lot of bands chances rest on whether they play Primavera Porto or not, you'd think Tame Impala and Foals will both have Portugese dates, just a case of where. Childish Gambino I guess depends on whether he comes back to Europe in the Summer, but I'd be shocked if NOS didn't get Vampire Weekend with them being at Mad Cool the same weekend. The 1975 are probably highly likely as well, which is a shame because they'll no doubt get a relatively high slot.

Foals might headline Super Bock Super Rock but I just don't know anymore...

They're second down under the Cure i think at Mad Cool? And obviously pretty massive in the UK/US so if they're playing I can't imagine it being much lower. I can't really work out from Google if any of the acts are big in Portugal to be honest, but I guess The Cure/TSP are pretty big everywhere! You might know better than me.

The Mad Cool lineup seems a bit weird, in that it looks like Vampire Weekend under Bon Iver at the moment.

Edited by jplewes