NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Realistically who else will join The Cure and Bon Iver as headliners?

The National's confirmation at Mad Cool would usually suggest that they'll also be at Nos, however they played NA this year so can't see that happening. I've seen the name Foo Fighters floating about, but I doubt they'd return so soon after their stellar 2017 slot.

Foals have all but confirmed their new album will be out next year and after co-headlining Reading and Leeds I am sure they'll be ready to be quite high up on the Nos Alive line-up. Tame Impala are always worth a punt, too, and after a fantastic show at Mad Cool this year it is evident that they'll bring people in.

My guess is that the next 'headliners' to be announced will be:

Massive Attack | Smashing Pumpkins | Foals

8 minutes ago, Callum Thornhill said:

The National's confirmation at Mad Cool would usually suggest that they'll also be at Nos, however they played NA this year so can't see that happening. I've seen the name Foo Fighters floating about, but I doubt they'd return so soon after their stellar 2017 slot.

Foals have all but confirmed their new album will be out next year and after co-headlining Reading and Leeds I am sure they'll be ready to be quite high up on the Nos Alive line-up. Tame Impala are always worth a punt, too, and after a fantastic show at Mad Cool this year it is evident that they'll bring people in.

I'd say LCD Soundsystem, Mumford & Sons, The Strokes, Florence + The Machine. (I'd be stoked with Pumpkins..!) 

3 minutes ago, Callum Thornhill said:

I think Foals and Tame Impala are both likely, that being said both were on the 2016 bill along with Chemical Brothers and The 1975 who also seem realistic and I can't see them booking all four again. They haven't said where Bon Iver will play, personally I don't think they'll headline especially when you consider The National, Jack White and Nine Inch Nails didn't this year.

I still think there's some headliners who haven't announced their about next year, there has to be or everyones going to be sharing Muse, The Cure and Mumford and Sons ? As much as I love Foals I don't think they'll headline, again for the same reason I don't think Bon Iver will, but both would make pretty strong subs, for me anyway.

Mad Cools announcements will be a good indication I think, comparing the two last year I'm sure The National, Two Door, Kooks, Chvrches and Khalid were the only ones they didn't share, from this poster anyway.

n8djrvgbu0e01.jpg

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

I think Foals and Tame Impala are both likely, that being said both were on the 2016 bill along with Chemical Brothers and The 1975 who also seem realistic and I can't see them booking all four again. They haven't said where Bon Iver will play, personally I don't think they'll headline especially when you consider The National, Jack White and Nine Inch Nails didn't this year.

I still think there's some headliners who haven't announced their about next year, there has to be or everyones going to be sharing Muse, The Cure and Mumford and Sons ? As much as I love Foals I don't think they'll headline, again for the same reason I don't think Bon Iver will, but both would make pretty strong subs, for me anyway.

Mad Cools announcements will be a good indication I think, comparing the two last year I'm sure The National, Two Door, Kooks, Chvrches and Khalid were the only ones they didn't share, from this poster anyway.

n8djrvgbu0e01.jpg

Chemical Brothers could be a shout - especially after their APE announcement this morning. They were superb at Alexandra Palace last month & I imagine a late-night Lisbon slot would work as well.

Festival opens it's doors about 4pm with first bands on about 5/5.30. It's nice getting there at 4 while people are trickling in just to have some drinks in sun and take in the atmosphere. Last bands start about 3.30am.

It's hot during day but sun goes down quickly, it's cool not cold at night.

250/300 euros would be plenty for three days, drinks and food are reasonably priced. About 5 euros for a pint.

Hotel isn't that important, Lisbon isn't a particularly great city to visit so best to get a hotel as close to the festival as possible or near the train line along the coast.

I've been three times, lots of Brits there and very friendly atmosphere with an easy to navigate festival site. You'll have a great time.

Edited by moz4pm

17 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Festival opens it's doors about 4pm with first bands on about 5/5.30. It's nice getting there at 4 while people are trickling in just to have some drinks in sun and take in the atmosphere. Last bands start about 3.30am.

It's hot during day but sun goes down quickly, it's cool not cold at night.

250/300 euros would be plenty for three days, drinks and food are reasonably priced. About 5 euros for a pint.

Hotel isn't that important, Lisbon isn't a particularly great city to visit so best to get a hotel as close to the festival as possible or near the train line along the coast.

I've been three times, lots of Brits there and very friendly atmosphere with an easy to navigate festival site. You'll have a great time.

+ The campsite is an incredible 3 star campsite, with restaurant, woods, party at the bar, swimming pool, people from every country (each time we make friends before the festival has started who stay with us the whole week-end, they even visited me last week), with Decathlon at 200m so you can buy a palace there (double inflatable bag + tent for 3persons + pump) for 35€, and no noise in the camp after the shows so that you can sleep like a baby, and fantastic shuttle busses from the camp to the festival area. (so it's way better than hotels) (and you can also stay in a bungalow)

It's an amazing festival, easily one of the top 5 best in Europe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moz4pm said:

Lisbon isn't a particularly great city to visit 

Could not disagree more. It's such a wonderful city to visit, plus the surrounding places (Sintra & Cascais in particular) are well worth a visit too.

I've been to the festival 3 times, the only thing I feel that lets it down are the drink options. It really needs a bar that sells proper spirits, other than that it's a great festival. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Could not disagree more. It's such a wonderful city to visit, plus the surrounding places (Sintra & Cascais in particular) are well worth a visit too.

I've been to the festival 3 times, the only thing I feel that lets it down are the drink options. It really needs a bar that sells proper spirits, other than that it's a great festival. 

Come to drink a sangria with us! When we are waiting for a drink we are always singing sangria covers of famous songs. (Like an Ozone cover sangria eeee, sangria uuuuu, sangria aaaa, sangria a a) (etc) 

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It's just my personal opinion. I've been three times and it's just not to my taste as a city. I go back cos it's a great festival.

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Out of interest what are the bars like, do they not sell spirits at all? For an easy life it would be helpful that the bar I’m getting my pint from also serves a vodka red bull or at a stretch some Koppaberg/Bulmers equivalent ?

7 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Out of interest what are the bars like, do they not sell spirits at all? For an easy life it would be helpful that the bar I’m getting my pint from also serves a vodka red bull or at a stretch some Koppaberg/Bulmers equivalent ?

They sell lager, cider & wine but no spirits to be found anywhere on site. 

2 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

When I went in 2017 there was a spirit brand I hadn't heard of that had maybe two bars across the site selling just their own brand of whatever it was.

still here in 2018! I can't remember the name, something like liquor de barreiro

6 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

still here in 2018! I can't remember the name, something like liquor de barreiro

That's the one! 

Also just to throw in my two cents, really recommend anyone going to the festival to pay the LX Factory a visit. Very close on the train or maybe a 50 minute walk from the festival site and there's lots of nice cafes/bars/shops and art everywhere in an old converted factory 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Yeah its beirao, its really nice, I brought a bottle home for my friend she loves the stuff.