NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

36 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Foals will totally be there. Either that or they'll just show up at Porto's Primavera Sound. The Black Keys are a good bet but not a safe one. LCD and Arcade Fire won't be around again just yet.

Yeah I’ve seen Foals last played in 2016 so hopefully likely... in fact Tame Impala off that bill would be nice too. 

Yeah I’m not really expecting them either would just be an ideal, basically everyone already announced elsewhere can’t play so there’s definitely a couple of surprises in store.

6 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I'll never understand how bands like florence and mumfords reached headliner status. At some point in time expectations of what a headliner are must have dropped.

Selling out arenas isn't lowering standards. I don't know what Florence tours look like but Mumford and sons are an arena band for like 7 years already

Was hoping for another name today but maybe it’s just me being greedy, Mad Cool are announcing something tomorrow, don’t know what, but if they announce a batch of names surely NOS won’t be far behind given they’re the same weekend. 

Got this email earlier, I take it they’re making an assumption based on when Bon Ivers were announced... has anyone seen anything from NOS mentioning headliner? 

86741EAB-5032-40F9-A6B6-1B625EDA9CD3.png

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I've only seen them mentioned as playing the main stage but not as a headliner. If The National weren't a headliner then I can't see Bon Iver headlining but they're certainly a strong sub.

Yeah that's my thinking especially with Jack White and Nine Inch Nails this year too.I meant Sunday for the Mad Cool announcement not tomorrow, maybe we'll get something on Monday.

7 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Confirmation of no Muse

Although they are playing the same site with their own show, interestingly enough. Sort of like Metallica are with the Mad Cool site in Valdebebas, or bands often do with the Werchter site.

Can't see any real schedule gaps where they might do any other festivals, and apparently Matt Bellamy has said the European leg of their tour is wrapping up with the Wanda Metropolitano gig so anything after isn't happening.