NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

36 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Don’t know if you’ve been before, but we went this year and have everything booked up again for 2019. It’s a brilliant festival in a fantastic location. First band 5pm gives you the option of lazing around all afternoon or you can head into the city. I’d highly recommend it.

I haven’t but I think it’s standing above the rest so far, seems to have everything I’m looking for and will probably be looking at some free cancellation hotels this Evening just in case we decide to go elsewhere. 

I reckon 2-3 sub/headliner announcements and we’ll get tickets, does it normally sell it quickly?  

Edited by alexlloyd

12 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I haven’t but I think it’s standing above the rest so far, seems to have everything I’m looking for and will probably be looking at some free cancellation hotels this Evening just in case we decide to go elsewhere. 

I reckon 2-3 sub/headliner announcements and we’ll get tickets, does it normally sell it quickly?  

Tends to depend on the line up, this years sold out quite quickly, I think 3-day tickets sold out soon after Arctic Monkeys were announced if I remember rightly? 

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

It sold out reasonably quickly this year, although line up for me was pretty exceptional.  I bought our 3 day tickets via Seetickets on 20 November last year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

It sold out reasonably quickly this year, although line up for me was pretty exceptional.  I bought our 3 day tickets via Seetickets on 20 November last year.  

Great, thanks, I'll keep an eye on announcements over the next couple of weeks and hopefully should be enough to make it worthwhile soon.

Hoping I can hang on long enough to confirm there's a couple of acts for each day at least, judging by clashfinder 2018 would've been brilliant, but 15-17 all had at least one day where there wasn't much for me to be excited about and if a couple of major acts aren't my sort of thing it could make a fairly large chunk in the Evening.

I think it sold out pretty fast this year because of Pearl Jam, very dedicated fanbase. Indeed, the presence of AM also helped quite a lot. Haven't paid that much attention to just how fast it sold out, because we decided just to go for it as it seemed very likely AM and Pearl Jam would be added, while only The National had just been announced. In my recollection available three-day passes sold out in a few days after Pearl Jam was announced in early December... But the year before it was slower. My best guess would be that you still have quite some time before it sells out, but do pay attention if a huge name (like PJ) is announced.

3 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

I think it sold out pretty fast this year because of Pearl Jam, very dedicated fanbase. Indeed, the presence of AM also helped quite a lot. Haven't paid that much attention to just how fast it sold out, because we decided just to go for it as it seemed very likely AM and Pearl Jam would be added, while only The National had just been announced. In my recollection available three-day passes sold out in a few days after Pearl Jam was announced in early December... But the year before it was slower. My best guess would be that you still have quite some time before it sells out, but do pay attention if a huge name (like PJ) is announced.

Thanks, will do! I’m following them on twitter now so hopefully they’ll say when they’re close to selling out. I’m pretty much sold anyway to be honest, but I think my girlfriend will want to wait for at least a couple more. 

Suppose I could just buy them if I get worried and pray she wants to go, like I did with Mad Cool last year ?

2 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Thanks, will do! I’m following them on twitter now so hopefully they’ll say when they’re close to selling out. I’m pretty much sold anyway to be honest, but I think my girlfriend will want to wait for at least a couple more. 

Suppose I could just buy them if I get worried and pray she wants to go, like I did with Mad Cool last year ?

I checked and indeed: Pearl Jam announced on December 1st, 3-day tickets sold out December 7th, Pearl Jam day ticket sold out December 4th. In 2017 it sold out on May 3rd, but don't tell your girlfriend :P 

We were waiting for announcements, but while searching for places to stay we found something we really liked for a good price (highly rated, good spot) but it wasn't refundable. We were discussing it for quite some time and were really excited, also for the additional 10-day holiday we had in our minds. So we reached a point at which we couldn't see ourselves not going. Rumours are less clear for coming year than this year (QotSA, Pearl Jam, AM, Jack White) so really understand your hesitation. But if you need any more convincing: have never heard anyone saying they haven't had a great time in Portugal :lol: 

• Upvote 1

I did Nos in 2009, 2016 and 2017 and I can't recommend it enough.

We did Mad Cool this year because the lineup was slightly better, what a mistake that was. After the abomination of that festival we promised ourselves we'd return to Nos next year regardless of the lineup, the organisation and atmosphere means you're guaranteed a good time no matter who's playing.

Booked our hotel for next year as soon as we got back from Mad Cool and Cure being announced is a great start and a band I've travelled overseas for before so I'm more than happy so far.

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

I checked and indeed: Pearl Jam announced on December 1st, 3-day tickets sold out December 7th, Pearl Jam day ticket sold out December 4th. In 2017 it sold out on May 3rd, but don't tell your girlfriend :P 

We were waiting for announcements, but while searching for places to stay we found something we really liked for a good price (highly rated, good spot) but it wasn't refundable. We were discussing it for quite some time and were really excited, also for the additional 10-day holiday we had in our minds. So we reached a point at which we couldn't see ourselves not going. Rumours are less clear for coming year than this year (QotSA, Pearl Jam, AM, Jack White) so really understand your hesitation. But if you need any more convincing: have never heard anyone saying they haven't had a great time in Portugal :lol: 

Haha great thanks for that, I think it’ll be fine, last year with mad cool she wanted to make sure AM were announced whereas next year there’s no one we desperately want to see, closest is probably the cure so it’s a pretty good start!

Yeah the more I look into it and the more I read on here I’m convinced, agree the rumours aren’t as obvious this time around but I think I’d be happy with any of the names that have been announced elsewhere or rumoured so far!

7 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

We did Mad Cool this year because the lineup was slightly better, what a mistake that was. After the abomination of that festival we promised ourselves we'd return to Nos next year regardless of the lineup, the organisation and atmosphere means you're guaranteed a good time no matter who's playing.

Booked our hotel for next year as soon as we got back from Mad Cool and Cure being announced is a great start and a band I've travelled overseas for before so I'm more than happy so far.

Glad to hear from someone who went to mad cool as well who’s going to this, I probably sounded like a bit of a diva a few days ago asking about getting home and queues but I think you can appreciate after MC I just want something stress free and well organised ? haven’t heard a bad word said about this festival so I’m excited to see who else is playing and getting things sorted for it.

6 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Glad to hear from someone who went to mad cool as well who’s going to this, I probably sounded like a bit of a diva a few days ago asking about getting home and queues but I think you can appreciate after MC I just want something stress free and well organised ? haven’t heard a bad word said about this festival so I’m excited to see who else is playing and getting things sorted for it.

Absolutely. There was so much we wanted to see at Mad Cool and in the end we only saw 5 bands across the entire weekend. We had a better time drinking sangria in our hotel room and even at one point drinking tinnies at a McDonalds while Pearl Jam were on after getting to the festival and discovering card payments weren't available and there was no cash machine.

I've never has a bad day at Nos, its the perfect sized festival for me.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:14 AM, alexlloyd said:

Great, thank you! I'm not expecting to be on the doorstep or anything like that so if there's buses etc.that are well organised that's enough for me! I'll do a bit of research myself in terms of which area of Lisbon to price up, but is there anyway you've stayed the last three years you'd recommend? So long as there's some options for food, drinks and a bit of scenery for the day before/after the festival I'd be happy!

the NOS Alive venue is close to Belem, you can find food and drinks and scenery there. I suggest you to walk from Belem to the venue..all because of the nice scenery. 

11 hours ago, moz4pm said:

Agree on this. We did NOS Alive this year for the first 2 days, and Mad Cool on the 3rd day. We liked NOS better, and are considering to come back next year. 

34 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Do you think The Strokes and Lana del Rey are a possibility? I thought about Lana because she didn't came to Portugal since 2012 and she will release a new album.

In the Mad Cool Thread people are saying that The Strokes and Smashing Pumpkins are rumoured for their festival.  If its confirmed, and both festivals share the line up like last year,  there are possibilities.   For Lana Del Rey i have no idea.

Today i heard rumours of Radiohead (Since THom Yorke will release a new solo album he may come as a solo act, instead of all his band),  and  Bon Iver (he will be on Scandinavian festivals  during Nos Alive). LEt's see what will happen

53 minutes ago, Tigane said:

In the Mad Cool Thread people are saying that The Strokes and Smashing Pumpkins are rumoured for their festival.  If its confirmed, and both festivals share the line up like last year,  there are possibilities.   For Lana Del Rey i have no idea.

Today i heard rumours of Radiohead (Since THom Yorke will release a new solo album he may come as a solo act, instead of all his band),  and  Bon Iver (he will be on Scandinavian festivals  during Nos Alive). LEt's see what will happen

Bon Iver will play in June not July...

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, young_contra said:

It seems that it is still compatible. Bandsintown was the source of the rumors as the gig came up there

Yep. Bandsintown confirmed Bon Iver for NOS Alice but deleted it after some minutes. Only thing to do it wait! :) I really hope they come, didn't catch them playing in NOS Primavera Sound

If Bon Iver were to play, what sort of slot could we expect them to get? Would definitley go and see them but hopefully it'll be before 1-2 other acts...

Booked a couple of free cancellation apartments, really impressed with how far your money can go quality-wise in Lisbon and if that's a reflection of the place as a whole it could be a great week.

Edited by alexlloyd

25 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

If Bon Iver were to play, what sort of slot could we expect them to get? Would definitley go and see them but hopefully it'll be before 1-2 other acts...

Booked a couple of free cancellation apartments, really impressed with how far your money can go quality-wise in Lisbon and if that's a reflection of the place as a whole it could be a great week.

Surelly they won't headline but I think they might be big enough around here to go out before The Cure or another headliner on the Main Stage. TWouldn't mind having them headline the Sagres Stage though, that would be sweet.