Saturday night headliners. What’s everyone doing?

johnny-yen

There is absolutely nothing that interests me on the Saturday headline slot. 

Run DMC - essentially two blokes shouting for an hour and half.

Saw GrandMaster in 2015 - Very disappointing. Played a rotation of 20 second snippets of other people’s cheesy pop tunes. He ignored his own classic tunes.

Lucy Spraggan - Aldi version of Kate Tempest.

The only slight possibility is seeing what Dave Haslam is doing in the House Party.

So what’s everyone else up to?  I am happy with the rest of the weekend but cannot find anything to do at Saturday headline time. Any suggestions greatfully received. 

Aren't the Glow tent's headliners usually later than the rest? So might be Hospitality Takeover or London Elektricity to clash with the others.

Either way, I'm hoping there'll be an equivalent of the Black Kraken area to last year, and just have a look around there and Lost Eden while it's quieter (unless everyone has that same idea).

I’ve no idea what i’m Going to do on Saturday. My daughter wants to see Lucy Spraggan so it will involve that at some stage but likely an early dart to Tim Peaks or a wander around Woodlands.

I’m still unsure about the Libertines on Sunday. I’m hoping they are ok, but part of me thinks it might be a car crash!

I think the Wailers will be the highlight of the weekend

Going off the Clashfinder here:

Horseman & the Uppercut Band. Judging from videos, they seem like proper good craic and definitely the best music out of the three headliners IMO

Then might gnash it and see the last bit of Run DMC to see what they've got to say for themselves

After that it'll be the WKD stage from there on out as there'll be an abundance of deep/tech house from two DJ's that I really rate, Richy Ahmed and Route 94

Friday is the night that I can't be bothered with so hopefully I'll be working then instead

7 hours ago, Old Spice said:

I think there is a great choice of music over the weekend and not too many clashes so I am very happy

Saturday night however is a total desert

The only choice for me is to go back to the tent and seek inspiration for my next album

OLD SPICE!!!!

How spooky! Your views and opinions are extremely familiar. It’s as if we’re brothers. I know we’d get on so well if we ever met!

OLD SPICE!!

10 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

I’ve no idea what i’m Going to do on Saturday. My daughter wants to see Lucy Spraggan so it will involve that at some stage but likely an early dart to Tim Peaks or a wander around Woodlands.

Anyone been to Tim Peaks when the headliners are on before? Whenever I want to go people are queuing out the door, but might be decent time to go then

14 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

I’m still unsure about the Libertines on Sunday. I’m hoping they are ok, but part of me thinks it might be a car crash!

I think the Wailers will be the highlight of the weekend

Is "car crash" based on the old drug stories? It's not like that at all now - very tight band 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Horseman is a 'he', not 'them'.  He does the vocals on lots of Prince Fatty's stuff, if you're familiar with that?

Most people will have heard this (version) somewhere/somewhen, I reckon.

Thanks Neil. Yeah prince fatty I have heard of.

On the Saturday night thing, as I’ve said before I won’t be able to resist the start of Run dmc but looking for somewhere to drift off to if things are as bad as people are expecting.

Quite looking forward to seeing a headliner in one of the smaller stages Friday and Saturday.

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is "car crash" based on the old drug stories? It's not like that at all now - very tight band 

Agree with this. Saw them in that “surprise “ slot on the pyramid a few years back and then they played my town hall about a year back.

Some good tunes and sounded great in what’s a 1200 venue. Probably good value. Wonder if they were cheaper to book than Run dmc......

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not really.....I’m getting on a bit now, and I’m wondering how relevant the Libertines are. Will they pull a big crowd considering that they are up against Amazons

They were never the best live back in the day, but drew a following based on their material.....are today’s yoof familiar with their stuff?

Edited by SloopJohnB

1 hour ago, SloopJohnB said:

Not really.....I’m getting on a bit now, and I’m wondering how relevant the Libertines are. Will they pull a big crowd considering that they are up against Amazons

They were never the best live back in the day, but drew a following based on their material.....are today’s yoof familiar with their stuff?

I’m certainly not a yoof but really looking forward to seeing the Libertines. They largely past me by at their height and only really listened to them properly because they are headlining this festival. 

But as a result, I now get it and can’t wait to see them. I wouldn’t mind seeing Amazons but no way at the expense of the Libertines now.